Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #31781
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located Jim H. Donnelly 1884 Kansas City Cowboys

I've located a photo of Jim H. Donnelly, catcher for the 1884 Kansas City Cowboys. He managed a bunch of teams in and around Boston throughout the 1890's and remained involved in baseball through the 1910's. He was involved in organizing the 1915 New England League. He is pictured along with numerous Boston baseball luminaries like Hugh Duffy and Tim Murnane in the January 8, 1915 Boston Daily Globe.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Chickazoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Penale52 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #31782
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located James "Jim" Dee 1884 Pittsburgh Alleghenys

I've located a photo of James "Jim" Dee, who played shortstop for Pittsburg in 1884. He was pictured in a vintage team photo of the 1884 Travelers of the Buffalo Amateur League in the April 8, 1884 Buffalo Evening News.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Thank you for this post:
Penale52 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #31783
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located James Morris 1884 Baltimore Unions

I've located a photo from the recently identified James Morris, who pitched one game for the 1884 Baltimore Unions.

He quit pro baseball when he found God and started Grace Church in Passaic, New Jersey, which still exists to this day. The photos were provided by the pastor at the church.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Thank you for this post:
Penale52 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #31784
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located Tom/Tony "Bushy" Hart 1891 Washington American Association

While searching for another player, I "accidentally" located a nice team woodcut of the 1895 Fitchburg club which featured Tom aka "Tony" aka "Bushy" aka "Old Reliable" Hart, who caught for the 1891 Washington club of the American Association. The woodcut was featured in the April 30, 1895 Fitchburg Sentinel.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Thank you for this post:
Penale52 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #31785
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located Ed Santry 1884 Detroit Wolverines

I went looking for James Haley, but I found Ed Santry (1884 Detroit Wolverines) instead. He is pictured in the July 15, 1888 Chicago Tribune.
Attached Images
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #31786
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located Frank Bell 1885 Brooklyn Grays

This is not great, and probably doesn't quite qualify for what we are looking for, but I wanted to share for its uniqueness.

A woodcut of Frank Bell being shot to death by bartender Joe Hughes is featured in April 14, 1891 Cincinnati Post. He is the one on the far right being shot.
Attached Images
Thank you for this post:
Penale52 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #31787
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located Ed Smith 1884 Baltimore Unions

I've located two photos of Edgar A. Smith of the 1884 Baltimore Unions. He was a prominent citizen of St. Thomas, Ontario. He was featured in the April 15, 1913 issue of the St. Thomas Times Journal.
Attached Images
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #31788
Chickazoola
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 345x in 65 posts
Missing Player Located Charles J. Ritter 1885 Buffalo Bisons

I've located a photo of Charles J. Ritter of the 1885 Buffalo Bisons. Ritter was enlisted as a replacement at second base by the Buffalo Bisons after the Big Four left the club late in the year. While there is not a definite ID on the player's first name, the amateur Charles J. Ritter played second base and is the only Ritter playing ball in Buffalo at the time. So there is a very high likelihood that Charles J. Ritter is the major leaguer as well.

He was a long-time amateur ball-player in Buffalo (though because of a couple similarly aged Charles J. Ritters in Buffalo at the time, his birth and death date are not confirmed). He is pictured in the April 9, 1929 Buffalo Evening News, as a 2nd baseman of the 1887 Clippers, a top Buffalo amateur team. In the caption for the team photo, he is listed as H. Ritter, however contemporary 1887 accounts of the Clippers list him as C. J. Ritter.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Thank you for this post:
Penale52 (Yesterday)