Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #21
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter
 
redmarkYankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 2
Thanked 37x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner99
Damn I don't know why you guys are having all of this trouble. I've been able to successfully sim upto 1950+ numerous times already.(No minors) Which is why I'm thinking it has something to do with the minors. What? I have no clue, maybe something about the AI, which I saw is being addressed in the next patch.
That sounds very feasible - I've experienced no crashes either, using reserve roster instead of minors.
__________________
In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.
George Orwell
redmarkYankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #22
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer
 
Le Grande Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Posts: 14,736
Thanks: 41
Thanked 4,408x in 2,483 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric
I don't get it. WTH is going wrong?
I think this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric
April 7th - Triple-A, Double-A, Single-A Opening Day.
April 15th - Spring Training for a fictional league.
...has something to do with it.

The regular seasons for your minor leagues are starting before the regular season of your major leagues, which, aside from being ahistorical, probably isn't a good idea.

Remember, when you do a historical league the game will use the actual major league schedule for that year. However, your minor league schedules will be generated by the game. You're going to get a mismatch there, and that is likely at least part of the problem.

Excluding the PCL (which is something of a special case), the minor leagues have always started their regular seasons on or after the major league opening date. Note that while many minor leagues played schedules which had as many games, or more, than the majors, they took much less time to play than a major league schedule of the same length (i.e. the majors would take 168 days to play 154 games; the minors would take only 151 days or 145 days to play 154 games - that obviously means few off days and lots of doubleheaders).

First thing to try is to reset the opening dates for your minor leagues and regenerate their schedules so that they open on or after your major league season and see if that helps any. That will have to suffice until some historical minor league schedule files can be put together for the game.
__________________
.
"You're sad that people are mean? Well, I'm sorry, the world isn't one big liberal arts campus."
— Reality, South Park

"You think you're so great with your maths and your science and your facts? What about feelings, huh?"
"Yeah. Feelings are more important that facts!"
— Penelope, Simon, Modern Educayshun

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-04-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #23
Kelric
Hall Of Famer
 
Kelric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 3,992
Thanks: 8
Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
I think this...

...has something to do with it.

The regular seasons for your minor leagues are starting before the regular season of your major leagues, which, aside from being ahistorical, probably isn't a good idea.

Remember, when you do a historical league the game will use the actual major league schedule for that year. However, your minor league schedules will be generated by the game. You're going to get a mismatch there, and that is likely at least part of the problem.

Excluding the PCL (which is something of a special case), the minor leagues have always started their regular seasons on or after the major league opening date. Note that while many minor leagues played schedules which had as many games, or more, than the majors, they took much less time to play than a major league schedule of the same length (i.e. the majors would take 168 days to play 154 games; the minors would take only 151 days or 145 days to play 154 games - that obviously means few off days and lots of doubleheaders).

First thing to try is to reset the opening dates for your minor leagues and regenerate their schedules so that they open on or after your major league season and see if that helps any. That will have to suffice until some historical minor league schedule files can be put together for the game.

Well, my Opening Days for the big leagues had already started in early April. I did not know the actual schedules were being imported though. I've found I can sim when there are no minors, so you're probably right. I'll see what I can do tonight.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #24
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer
 
Le Grande Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Posts: 14,736
Thanks: 41
Thanked 4,408x in 2,483 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric
I did not know the actual schedules were being imported though.
If your historical league matches the actual MLB alignment for that year, and you have the balanced, interleague, and schedule length settings correct, the game will use the actual major league schedule for that season.
__________________
.
"You're sad that people are mean? Well, I'm sorry, the world isn't one big liberal arts campus."
— Reality, South Park

"You think you're so great with your maths and your science and your facts? What about feelings, huh?"
"Yeah. Feelings are more important that facts!"
— Penelope, Simon, Modern Educayshun
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #25
Kelric
Hall Of Famer
 
Kelric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 3,992
Thanks: 8
Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Ah. Well I switched to 162 games though I left everything else the same. So no real schedules for me.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #26
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer
 
KurtBevacqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,956
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 15
Thanked 53x in 34 posts
I'm using the minors because using reserve rosters didn't work either. In fact I tried that about 5 times first, enough banging my head on that wall prompted me to try minors. You guys who have it working I suspect are doing it just a certain way, the only way perhaps that works. If I don't do a draft and just allocate players to their historical teams it seems to work OK, with only having to fill the minors of a couple teams. If I use the draft it doesn't work, hands down. The draft just doesn't happen. The right players come up for the draft pool, and the schedule runs right through the draft without running it and the historic players sit in a never used draft pool.
__________________
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 AM   #27
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer
 
Jeremy Weimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,411
Thanks: 13
Thanked 29x in 15 posts
I'm using a draft. I have it set to November 15th. Haven't had any problems.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 AM   #28
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer
 
Jeremy Weimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,411
Thanks: 13
Thanked 29x in 15 posts
I also have minors off and rely on the reserve rosters.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 AM   #29
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter
 
redmarkYankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 2
Thanked 37x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua
I'm using the minors because using reserve rosters didn't work either. In fact I tried that about 5 times first, enough banging my head on that wall prompted me to try minors. You guys who have it working I suspect are doing it just a certain way, the only way perhaps that works. If I don't do a draft and just allocate players to their historical teams it seems to work OK, with only having to fill the minors of a couple teams. If I use the draft it doesn't work, hands down. The draft just doesn't happen. The right players come up for the draft pool, and the schedule runs right through the draft without running it and the historic players sit in a never used draft pool.
All I can suggest is you give us a walkthrough from the start on exactly what settings you use, to see if anyone who's had successful setups/drafts can spot something.
__________________
In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.
George Orwell
redmarkYankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:39 AM   #30
jte87
Major Leagues
 
jte87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 305
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua
I have injuries off entirely and a 21 player majorleague roster with no roster expansions. Tigerfan added the minors just to give us extra fill-in players to avoid this problem until enough guys come in via the draft. Either everyone else is super lucky or I am super-unlucky cause I have tried this over a dozen times and can't get more than 3 years simmed before getting it killed by illegal rosters.
You said you weren't using any roster expansion. That may seem to make things less likely to crash, but for whatever reason, you may need roster expansion for it not to crash. Or maybe not crash, but is supposed to be what alleviates the problem with minor league teams not having enough players.

See TigerFan's last response in this thread.
jte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 AM   #31
boilermaker
All Star Starter
 
boilermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,956
Thanks: 55
Thanked 9x in 6 posts
If I clipped off the last word of your question (Sim from 1901, how are you guys doing), then I'm pretty thrilled to sayy "very well." Won the World Series my first season with the Phillies. Elmer Flick, Ed Delahanty, Al Orth, Harry Wolverton, Roy Thomas, Red Donahue....Unstoppable!
boilermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #32
Kelric
Hall Of Famer
 
Kelric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 3,992
Thanks: 8
Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
I think this...

...has something to do with it.

The regular seasons for your minor leagues are starting before the regular season of your major leagues, which, aside from being ahistorical, probably isn't a good idea.

Remember, when you do a historical league the game will use the actual major league schedule for that year. However, your minor league schedules will be generated by the game. You're going to get a mismatch there, and that is likely at least part of the problem.

Excluding the PCL (which is something of a special case), the minor leagues have always started their regular seasons on or after the major league opening date. Note that while many minor leagues played schedules which had as many games, or more, than the majors, they took much less time to play than a major league schedule of the same length (i.e. the majors would take 168 days to play 154 games; the minors would take only 151 days or 145 days to play 154 games - that obviously means few off days and lots of doubleheaders).

First thing to try is to reset the opening dates for your minor leagues and regenerate their schedules so that they open on or after your major league season and see if that helps any. That will have to suffice until some historical minor league schedule files can be put together for the game.
Just checked - my MLB season start date is supposed to be April 1st with a 162 game schedule. The minors are all April 4th. The three other major leagues I set up start in various times in March, April and June. I don't think this is it.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #33
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer
 
Cooleyvol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Union City, TN
Posts: 6,309
Thanks: 67
Thanked 637x in 375 posts
I'm to 1930 with no problems.

BTW, the dominant franchise thusfar is the Philadelphia Athletics, with 10 pennants and 8 World Series victories.

In the NL, St Louis, during the 20s (hello Rajah) has come on with 6 pennants and 4 titles.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #34
JWay
Hall Of Famer
 
JWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Harrisburg, SD
Posts: 5,018
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 326
Thanked 403x in 214 posts
is there a fill all minor teams with fictional players option?
__________________
I don't have any leagues anymore. Sad.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #35
Kelric
Hall Of Famer
 
Kelric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 3,992
Thanks: 8
Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric
Just checked - my MLB season start date is supposed to be April 1st with a 162 game schedule. The minors are all April 4th. The three other major leagues I set up start in various times in March, April and June. I don't think this is it.
Just tried simming again after making sure every minor league started after their affiliated pro league. Crashed after 1903 again.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #36
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer
 
Cooleyvol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Union City, TN
Posts: 6,309
Thanks: 67
Thanked 637x in 375 posts
I just noticed that Gehrig imported to Brooklyn.

Anyone know why?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #37
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer
 
KurtBevacqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,956
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 15
Thanked 53x in 34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay
is there a fill all minor teams with fictional players option?
Yes
__________________
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:44 AM   #38
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer
 
KurtBevacqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,956
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 15
Thanked 53x in 34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jte87
You said you weren't using any roster expansion. That may seem to make things less likely to crash, but for whatever reason, you may need roster expansion for it not to crash. Or maybe not crash, but is supposed to be what alleviates the problem with minor league teams not having enough players.

See TigerFan's last response in this thread.
The problem I had with roster expansion was the dumbass AI rushing to fill up the 40 man roster, thus depleting his AAA team and making it illegal.
__________________
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #39
Russ
All Star Starter
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Essex HON!
Posts: 1,924
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 35
Thanked 49x in 43 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Aren't there some teams moving in 1904? If you have the players going to their original teams, I think that you need to change the historical ID's. Just a thought of why you might be having problems with the 1904 season. Or maybe I'm an idiot.
__________________
If you don't love Russ, you don't love America.

This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Last edited by Russ; 06-06-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 AM   #40
jte87
Major Leagues
 
jte87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 305
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua
The problem I had with roster expansion was the dumbass AI rushing to fill up the 40 man roster, thus depleting his AAA team and making it illegal.
I have the roster expansion size at 26 players. I would do 25, but that would probably make the game freak out somehow to not really be expanding. It is a sensitive little bugger. Hopefully the patch alleviates some of these things. I can't tell from Duffy's list whether it is supposed to or not.

But, you could maybe try 26 players.
jte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments