Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Coming soon: Collection Missions

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #561
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I am still betting on Sept 27 at 11PM EST,
but even that would likely get me good odds from a sportsbook in Vegas
I'm thinking 11:59. Unless @Cole's news is that they have decided to do what's right and indeed upgrade everyone who bought FHM1, I'm going to be upset by it.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #562
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 6x in 6 posts
One day closer... Still no update.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #563
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
One day closer... Still no update.
Cole already told us what we could. Posts like this will just get this thread locked too. Let's just hope we get the patch before FHM2 comes out as promised. Until then, complaining isnt going to get anybody anywhere.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cole (09-25-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #564
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Cole already told us what we could. Posts like this will just get this thread locked too. Let's just hope we get the patch before FHM2 comes out as promised. Until then, complaining isnt going to get anybody anywhere.
I'm just a very frustrated consumer who feels like he has been lied to over and over still trying to give OOTP a chance to win back my business. And yet again, I feel lied to.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #565
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
I'm just a very frustrated consumer who feels like he has been lied to over and over still trying to give OOTP a chance to win back my business. And yet again, I feel lied to.
You're not the only one who's frustrated my friend. But the posts are not going to change it.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #566
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Seeing as how its now Sunday, and tomorrow is the release for FHM2 with no word of the FHM14 patch, do we have any prediction as to when this patch will be released?

If not, just let us know...
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RFroese (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 04:04 PM   #567
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 184
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71x in 41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Seeing as how its now Sunday, and tomorrow is the release for FHM2 with no word of the FHM14 patch, do we have any prediction as to when this patch will be released?

If not, just let us know...
Umm... Never? That`s my prediction. It seems OOTP as a company is run like a poorly planned kickstarter project :P
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RFroese (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #568
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Umm... Never? That`s my prediction. It seems OOTP as a company is run like a poorly planned kickstarter project :P
I would disagree with that when it comes to the company as a whole. The baseball side of things is where I have more experience and they are ridiculously responsive. Take, for example, the eSellerate issue. It was resolved on the OOTPB side within 48 hours or so if I remember correctly.

Cole at least is doing a fantastic job here. I'm a huge critic of the way things have played out with FHM 14, and he has come out as a shining star in this and deserves a lot of credit for what he has had to deal with from myself included.

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place..

If it comes down to it that the FHM14 patch will not be released until next week or so, just tell us. I gather the game is ready at this point so the "when its ready" excuses isn't working too well now especially since the time table was set as "before the release of FHM2 to allow people to play around with the new engine." Well, that's tomorrow...

I'll stick to reading through my OOTPB franchises "across the way" in the forums if that's the case and I'll just come back next week when the patch is out.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #569
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I would disagree with that when it comes to the company as a whole. The baseball side of things is where I have more experience and they are ridiculously responsive. Take, for example, the eSellerate issue. It was resolved on the OOTPB side within 48 hours or so if I remember correctly.

Cole at least is doing a fantastic job here. I'm a huge critic of the way things have played out with FHM 14, and he has come out as a shining star in this and deserves a lot of credit for what he has had to deal with from myself included.
Here's the thing. Regardless of how the organization is divided, this reflects on OOTP as a whole. Very badly. I thought about buying OOTPB and decided against it because of how bad FHM has gone.

Cole seemed to be helpful a while back, but he has now gone with the FHM strategy of hide when things go bad. He seems like a nice guy and we had a decent conversation via PM, but now that things have been delayed he's gone again.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #570
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 750
Thanked 588x in 417 posts
This is like waiting for an old car to be repaired(its beyond repair) and a new one ( with more features-including editing)awaits us sometime tomorrow.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #571
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 184
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71x in 41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
This is like waiting for an old car to be repaired(its beyond repair) and a new one ( with more features-including editing)awaits us sometime tomorrow.


The problem is the same people who never delivered on the first car, and continuously make promises about fixing things, are now making promises that the new game fixes all those issues... it's hard to take them seriously at this point.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
IvanIvanovich (02-19-2016), RFroese (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #572
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 750
Thanked 588x in 417 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
The problem is the same people who never delivered on the first car, and continuously make promises about fixing things, are now making promises that the new game fixes all those issues... it's hard to take them seriously at this point.
Unless the editing was fixed-I want nothing too do with the first version of the game.


They have tested the new game until the cows have come home so it will be interesting too see what bugs appear. I understand no game can be perfect,but the longer the testing lasted the less likely of any major problems(but who knows).
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #573
BradC
Administrator
 
BradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northern CA
Posts: 1,862
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 2,136
Thanked 2,608x in 691 posts
Cole is doing a great job. I felt bad when I passed this job to him, because I knew it would be a tough one, but my reasons for doing so had nothing to do with criticisms of FHM 2014. Unfortunately, he's in a position where he may not respond to comments and questions because he has nothing he can say publicly at the moment.

Let's not shoot the messenger. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
Cole seemed to be helpful a while back, but he has now gone with the FHM strategy of hide when things go bad. He seems like a nice guy and we had a decent conversation via PM, but now that things have been delayed he's gone again.
__________________
No longer PR and marketing manager for OOTP - see ThatSportsGamer, the new OOTP/MLBM community manager
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Cole (09-27-2015), dave1927p (09-27-2015), Lukas Berger (09-27-2015), RoPa (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #574
Cole
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,592
Thanks: 742
Thanked 1,750x in 632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
Here's the thing. Regardless of how the organization is divided, this reflects on OOTP as a whole. Very badly. I thought about buying OOTPB and decided against it because of how bad FHM has gone.

Cole seemed to be helpful a while back, but he has now gone with the FHM strategy of hide when things go bad. He seems like a nice guy and we had a decent conversation via PM, but now that things have been delayed he's gone again.
I am not going with the strategy of "hide when things go bad" ...

I have already explained, there is a big, big reason why the patch isn't out already. I cannot mention anything further about this for the time being, but you'll just have to accept it. I know that answer isn't one that will satisfy you, but I can assure you I am not just blowing smoke, or trying to put people off. This is legitimate and equally legitimate is that I can't discuss it further presently. I hope that's soon not the case and you will understand.

And as for the reason why I didn't respond today earlier to these flurry of posts.. I was chasing around my toddler and trying to keep my two-month-old happy through the day ... I expected today to be an OOTP Developments day for me, but I was called in to Dad overtime when my wife unexpectedly had to spend the day at the hospital (she's alright though!).. So I wasn't around on the forums much today. And in the past couple days, as you can imagine, I was preparing things for release.

As is the case with there being more important priorities with OOTPD than this old patch, there are sometimes more important priorities that pop up in real life that don't allow me to respond as speedily as I typically do. As Brad mentioned, don't shoot the messenger and also please don't jump to conclusions about my intentions.

In the end I want to provide information for everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible, but a lot of the decisions aren't made by me.. So until I know something is 100% fact and I am allowed to share it, I don't want to share it, as it will simply add more fuel to the fire to those who get upset by various delays or problems.

As for when the patch will be out.. As you might be well aware, tomorrow is a big day for our company with the release of FHM 2. I would suggest checking back in on the forums tomorrow for more information.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BradC (09-28-2015), Markus Heinsohn (09-28-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #575
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Thank you for responding. I'm still very VERY frustrated by the response of we have no information on a patch that has been repeatedly promised would be available BEFORE FHM2. I assumed that to mean that it would be available by the end of today.

Cole, I sympathize with you regarding your family problems. I have a two year old and a wife and family definitely comes first. I have had to on numerous occasions take time off work to take care of my wife/daughter.

My issue here is the fact that I don't feel empathy/sympathy from OOTP/FHM. Six months ago we could have been told 'OOTP/FHM have decided to abandon development of the planned patch for FHM2014 and instead are focusing on FHM2. We are doing X for those who bought FHM2014 due to the multiple promises that remain unfulfilled for FHM2014.' That message would have solved the problem for everyone and saved OOTP a lot of face. Instead we've been promised a patch that isn't coming.

Just tell us what is going on directly and truthfully. That's all I (and I can only assume others who bought the game) want. Not a story about what is going on personally, but the reality about the game.

Thanks.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IvanIvanovich (02-19-2016)
Old 09-27-2015, 09:16 PM   #576
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Unfortunately, he's in a position where he may not respond to comments and questions because he has nothing he can say publicly at the moment.

Let's not shoot the messenger. Thanks.
I was not intending to take a shot at Cole. What I was aiming at was the policy of not saying anything.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IvanIvanovich (02-19-2016)
Old 09-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #577
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 22,988
Thanks: 5,516
Thanked 39,180x in 6,084 posts
The patch is now live:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html

Sorry that it took so long, but we're a small team (as you're probably aware) and the past few weeks have been crazy. But it's all good now. The patch is released and FHM2 (which totally rocks) will be released a bit later today.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orioles1966 (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #578
Cole
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,592
Thanks: 742
Thanked 1,750x in 632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
I was not intending to take a shot at Cole. What I was aiming at was the policy of not saying anything.
Suggesting I tell you truthfully and directly what was going on suggests you thought I wasn't being truthful, which is hard not to take as a shot.

And I only mentioned personal things as explanation for why I hadn't been responding immediately on the forums when the complaints went up.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge, no hard feelings. Let's move onward and upwards to FHM 2. The patch is live... It's not nearly as much "before FHM 2's release" as we had hoped, but I've already explained the reasons for that.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #579
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 750
Thanked 588x in 417 posts
Is the editing the same with the new patch?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #580
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Is the editing the same with the new patch?
Nothing changed here.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orioles1966 (09-28-2015)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments