Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

World Series Special! OOTP 19 is 75% Off Until Nov. 1!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #481
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,125x in 1,824 posts
That's what I always say to people who watch no other sport than soccer and who often take the "pain" as real. They can not grasp that in baseball people get hit by balls, run into fences, tumble over each other, or get taken out in a slide outright, and unless they are *actually* hurt, they usually get up or shake it off immediately.

But soccer is a whole bunch of fakers who have come up in a whiny soccer culture and don't know any better than he who cries the loudest will get the most free kicks. Hello Antoine, hello Neymar.

I saw vintage soccer games (well, vintage from my perspective) from the 70s and 80s, and they didn't get slightly touched and pretended their back was whacked in half... Oh, hello Kylian.

Bunch of whiny con artist. I am glad that I don't have to watch another game for 23 months...

Resident Mets Cynic

Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #482
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 487x in 342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
If they are in that much pain maybe they should take a 5 minute break on the sidelines? I know that will never happen, but that would put a full halt to the practice.
Actually when a player fakes being hit on the head he should go to the sidelines and be assessed by the attending doctor and if he’s found to have a concussion then removed from the game, obviously if he’s faking then he’ll not have one but he should by the rules of the game be assessed which would take a few minutes, few minutes were his team are down to 10 men or he’s replaced during the test not sure on that part. However this doesn’t happen, maybe they should tell FIFA and UEFA companies could sponsor the Doctor seems all they care about is the money.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #483
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 487x in 342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Bunch of whiny con artist. I am glad that I don't have to watch another game for 23 months...
Problem is when the international tournaments come round you have the cream of the crop diving wise. What gets me is the lower down the leagues you go the less diving and fake injuries there are, you’d think it’d be worse as there’s less tv cameras there to pick the cheating up but higher up the leagues the more cheating there is despite masses of cameras. Yes I know more money involved so more cheating but are lower league players more honest or star players just idiots thinking they won’t get caught out.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #484
ry1220
All Star Reserve

Thanked 191x in 144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Actually when a player fakes being hit on the head he should go to the sidelines and be assessed by the attending doctor and if he’s found to have a concussion then removed from the game, obviously if he’s faking then he’ll not have one but he should by the rules of the game be assessed which would take a few minutes, few minutes were his team are down to 10 men or he’s replaced during the test not sure on that part. However this doesn’t happen, maybe they should tell FIFA and UEFA companies could sponsor the Doctor seems all they care about is the money.
This and a ref brave enough to show a second yellow for diving would stomp it out right quick.
ry1220 is offline   Reply With Quote