Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #141
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 18x in 10 posts
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
It would be really cool if there was a way to have a "practice mode" in the game where you could try out gameplans and run mock seasons. Specifically in an MP universe where many GMs will simulate seasons in SP to try things out.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #142
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Thanked 13x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlee2 View Post
It would be really cool if there was a way to have a "practice mode" in the game where you could try out gameplans and run mock seasons. Specifically in an MP universe where many GMs will simulate seasons in SP to try things out.

I do this now in FOF 8. Create your own MP practice league. As the commish, you can trade players to build a roster similar to your real MP league. Run tests of your game plans and sim multiple seasons so that you are not basing results on a small sample size. Those plans can then be ported to your real MP league.

It's true you are not testing with your actual players, but I've found this technique to be "close enough for government work".
TribeFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #143
MadScientist
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 1 post
Talking

I would absolutely love to be able to create my own expansion team from scratch. it would be awesome being able to shape the league to our liking's
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:31 AM   #144
Heinstein
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I’d settle for a depth chart tbh - no such thing on FOF8, only packages. No way to set backups or subs at all.
This^^ probably the most irritating thing since the requirement to carry 3 QB's...I would be very happy with a workable depth chart for position and/or formation. Not much more needed for me.
Heinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #145
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 18x in 10 posts
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
I do this now in FOF 8. Create your own MP practice league. As the commish, you can trade players to build a roster similar to your real MP league. Run tests of your game plans and sim multiple seasons so that you are not basing results on a small sample size. Those plans can then be ported to your real MP league.

It's true you are not testing with your actual players, but I've found this technique to be "close enough for government work".
Yeah, I do this too, but it would be great to have it all in the same MP universe so you could test with your actual players.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:10 AM   #146
Sharkn20
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 47x in 37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinstein View Post
This^^ probably the most irritating thing since the requirement to carry 3 QB's...I would be very happy with a workable depth chart for position and/or formation. Not much more needed for me.
FOF8 doesn't make you having to carry 3 QBs anymore. You need to carry 3 TEs though.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #147
MadScientist
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 1 post
Please for the love that is all holy, let this game provide us with actual solidified ratings unlike the previous versions of FOF
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #148
Postman
Major Leagues

Thanked 65x in 38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
This is not an accurate assumption. Every player (except QBs and o-linemen) has a special teams bar rating. And there are methods in FOF 8 to optimize special teams. My teams typically are in the top 5 in return yardage and return coverage. Prior versions previously allowed you to select your gunners (which was removed in FOF 8). But the game engine appears to pick the highest rated players eligible for ST play, so performance is not impacted.
I'm aware of the rating and pay attention to it. What I'm referring to is the lack of a special teams coach, any sort of strategy (kick away from a returner, squib kick or kick to the goal line), and the odd stats that are generated. The leading special teams tackler on my team is a 335 lb. nose tackle. I just don't see it. I also have a returner that is unrealistically good. It's unusual that he doesn't return the ball near the 35 on a kickoff. Jim has had problems in the game before that he's fixed, e.g. the FOF 6 Super Flanker. I just wish he'd take a look at special teams.

Last edited by Postman; 04-02-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote