Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
sprague
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,625
Thanks: 124
Thanked 475x in 289 posts
90 game request

Checked the main page and didnít see this one.

30 team league
2 subleagues

No divisions, just 15 per sub
Each team plays 90 games
84 vs sub, 6 vs each tea,
6 vs other sub inter league at random

Can start like May 25, can leave spot open for all star game
Thanks for your help
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Minors (Triple A)
 
Outlaw Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 293
Thanks: 27
Thanked 236x in 152 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Checked the main page and didnít see this one.

30 team league
2 subleagues

No divisions, just 15 per sub
Each team plays 90 games
84 vs sub, 6 vs each tea,
6 vs other sub inter league at random

Can start like May 25, can leave spot open for all star game
Thanks for your help

Created one for you tonight, have it in excel will put it in lsdl format before monday.

To avoid having a team play their 6 games against the same inter league opponent, I made sure the leagues are not a duplicate of each other. I was thinking of only having 2 game series for the interleague games. and then at the allstar break have the game played on Wed and then a 2 game interleague series to kick off the second half. This allows for more matchups.(3 instead of 2) I also will give you a schedule and then I was thinking of a template to change the matchups yearly (interleague). I would have a schedule with all teams in the file with %(teamnumber). You can then put the file into notepad and just edit it to change the %(num) to whatever number you want. You simply change the number %1-15 to 1-15 in any order, and %16-30 to 16-30 any order. This will give you a different interleague matchup yearly. Could even edit all the %1-15 number to 16-30 and %16-30 to 1-15. Just one issue with having 2 game series for the interleague is that you will have 4/2 or 2/4 with the matchups each season unless i schedule 2 one game series or a homea and away series. I can give you 2 to start with the schedules flipped to even things out and then give you 2 templates that are flipped and all you need to do is make sure you write down what values you changed the team number to and make sure you do the same for both files (make sure you make a copy of the templates and just don't overwrite them) Let me know what you think.
__________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
sprague
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,625
Thanks: 124
Thanked 475x in 289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
Created one for you tonight, have it in excel will put it in lsdl format before monday.

To avoid having a team play their 6 games against the same inter league opponent, I made sure the leagues are not a duplicate of each other. I was thinking of only having 2 game series for the interleague games. and then at the allstar break have the game played on Wed and then a 2 game interleague series to kick off the second half. This allows for more matchups.(3 instead of 2) I also will give you a schedule and then I was thinking of a template to change the matchups yearly (interleague). I would have a schedule with all teams in the file with %(teamnumber). You can then put the file into notepad and just edit it to change the %(num) to whatever number you want. You simply change the number %1-15 to 1-15 in any order, and %16-30 to 16-30 any order. This will give you a different interleague matchup yearly. Could even edit all the %1-15 number to 16-30 and %16-30 to 1-15. Just one issue with having 2 game series for the interleague is that you will have 4/2 or 2/4 with the matchups each season unless i schedule 2 one game series or a homea and away series. I can give you 2 to start with the schedules flipped to even things out and then give you 2 templates that are flipped and all you need to do is make sure you write down what values you changed the team number to and make sure you do the same for both files (make sure you make a copy of the templates and just don't overwrite them) Let me know what you think.
Hey you are the man doing the work for me with this. Make up a schedule you think looks good and my guess is that it will. Cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
Outlaw Jim
Minors (Triple A)
 
Outlaw Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 293
Thanks: 27
Thanked 236x in 152 posts
Will be done shortly. Been a bit busy because of the holiday but I think you will like it when completed.
__________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
sprague
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,625
Thanks: 124
Thanked 475x in 289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
Will be done shortly. Been a bit busy because of the holiday but I think you will like it when completed.
Thanks. Thinking of trying the mlb QuickStart with a reduced season...just for something different
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #6
Outlaw Jim
Minors (Triple A)
 
Outlaw Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 293
Thanks: 27
Thanked 236x in 152 posts
I will post the schedule here soon.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G90_SL1_D1_T15_SL2_D1_T15_C_jdp.lsdl (67.3 KB, 27 views)
__________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 01-06-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
sprague (01-08-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #7
Outlaw Jim
Minors (Triple A)
 
Outlaw Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 293
Thanks: 27
Thanked 236x in 152 posts
Template

I will post the template here.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G90_SL1_D1_T15_SL2_D1_T15_C_jdp_template.lsdl (70.9 KB, 18 views)
__________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 01-06-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
sprague (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 02:34 AM   #8
sprague
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,625
Thanks: 124
Thanked 475x in 289 posts
Thanks Jim,
Will look it over tonight...
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #9
Outlaw Jim
Minors (Triple A)
 
Outlaw Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 293
Thanks: 27
Thanked 236x in 152 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Thanks Jim,
Will look it over tonight...
I hope you like it. I loaded it into OOTP and it looks good, ran a few seasons and I did not see issues. I like the idea of the template because it allows you to have different interleague opponents every year. I am new here and I wondered why no one has done the template idea. I had to scrap the 2/2/2 plan for the interleague could not fit the games in properly. Also I am more of a schedule modifyer rather than creator, but know excel well. For this schedule I found a 16 game schedule, took the team 16 game and just deleted the 16. Took the first schedule and put it into another sheet, changing the values of the team number using a lookup table. Just took one group from sheet 1, one from sheet 2 (random) and created a combined record. Used a check sheet for the interleague game to make sure that no teams played each other more than once and that each team had one home and one away. The interleague selection was the hard part. So the division matchups were from a file not created me, but the order of the games were changed by me and inter league put into the mix.

The template mainly is useful to change the interleague matchups, since it is balanced in subleague all the template will do is change the dates the teams play each other. The template is used by the game player. I have a schedule creator that creates the lines I don't put the team numbers in it, but the template numbers. I then have a lookup table that changes the value in the spreadsheet a new value that I set in the lookup. I did not want to upload this because there would be a lot of questions and it is easier for the game player to use edit and replace in notepad.
__________________
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 01-08-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2015 Out of the Park Developments