Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Mods

FHM 5 - Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM 5 and previous versions.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #21
Hockey13Playa
All Star Starter

Thanked 1,820x in 806 posts
So it didnt work... the "source folder" which is where these files should be pulling from. What do I need to make that? Do I go into FHM, into historical, into the graphics folder, then into jerseys and use that? I am still lost I did manage to make it public but when I subscribed and downloaded it looks like nothing copied? Ugh
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:22 PM   #22
Pwal
All Star Starter

Thanked 3,065x in 931 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
So it didnt work... the "source folder" which is where these files should be pulling from. What do I need to make that? Do I go into FHM, into historical, into the graphics folder, then into jerseys and use that? I am still lost I did manage to make it public but when I subscribed and downloaded it looks like nothing copied? Ugh
Just do like Jeff said: "you need a top-level directory, then one named \custdata\, and below that the precise path that the file needs to go to within the \Franchise Hockey Manager 3 folder - it needs to match exactly", e.g. C:\FHM3mods\custdata\quickstart_games\Historical.q uick\graphics\jersey_pics. Copy your jerseys in that folder, then when you create the mod in Steamworks, it will upload the files to the Steam Workshop.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:29 AM   #23
Hockey13Playa
All Star Starter

Thanked 1,820x in 806 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
Just do like Jeff said: "you need a top-level directory, then one named \custdata\, and below that the precise path that the file needs to go to within the \Franchise Hockey Manager 3 folder - it needs to match exactly", e.g. C:\FHM3mods\custdata\quickstart_games\Historical.q uick\graphics\jersey_pics. Copy your jerseys in that folder, then when you create the mod in Steamworks, it will upload the files to the Steam Workshop.
I give up, this is frustrating and does not work.. I am also on a MAC.

I made a folder on my desktop with that path...:

FHM3proj\custdata\quickstart_games\Historical.quic k\graphics\jersey_pics and in that folder i put all the jerseys but when I go into FHM3 and to steelworks and hit install says there is nothing to install. Cant believe I am having such a hard time
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #24
Pwal
All Star Starter

Ah, Macs... I hate Macs...
Old 11-18-2016, 04:01 AM   #25
jward
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Why do the steam workshop files all go to the wrong directories in the game... it's strange.... Is it Steam, the modders (fully respect and am thankful for their work), or the Game itself?
jward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #26
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jward View Post
Why do the steam workshop files all go to the wrong directories in the game... it's strange.... Is it Steam, the modders (fully respect and am thankful for their work), or the Game itself?
I'm not too familiar with the Steam Workshop, but I think it's a mix of all of the above. I think it's a new tool for many of us, so it's not perfect yet.

I don't know for the other modders, but since the last update, my files are copied in the quickstart folders (so they'll show up only when you start a new present day game) and in the current saved game folders. However, to make sure they are copied in your current game, when you are in your game, you must go back to the start screen, click on the Steamworks tab, select the mod and click on "This item is downloaded, click here to install it" (nothing seems to happen when you click, but it works, at least for me).
Old 11-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #27
Pwal
All Star Starter

Does anyone know how to add tags to our mods in Steam Workshop? It would useful to help sort the various mods.
2 thanks for this post:
Duranium (11-27-2016), geckon (11-28-2016)
Old 02-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #28
bartok82
Bat Boy

Thanked 14x in 7 posts
I'm trying to upload mods to Steam from my Mac and am somewhat stumped right now. Where is this source folder located that I need to put my files in!?!?

EDIT:

WOO! I FIGURED IT OUT!

This is where the files are currently uploading from my Mac /Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/465660/854102550/custdata/quickstart_games/Historical.quick/graphics/player_pics

Does somebody mind testing it out for me by subscribing to it from the workshop 'NHL HIstorical Facepack Collection' so I know whether it works for everyone? Thanks.

Last edited by bartok82; 02-01-2017 at 03:47 PM.
bartok82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:17 AM   #29
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 8,872x in 3,042 posts
We've run into a bit of trouble getting the Steam workshop enabled today for FHM4; for some reason, the initial upload that would let us make the workshop visible to users isn't giving us the necessary options to do that. Continuing to investigate it, I'll post an update when it's working.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
JBClark (10-07-2017), Mike1294 (10-08-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #30
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 88x in 44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've run into a bit of trouble getting the Steam workshop enabled today for FHM4; for some reason, the initial upload that would let us make the workshop visible to users isn't giving us the necessary options to do that. Continuing to investigate it, I'll post an update when it's working.
Still no news about this? I really would like to have mugshots of the players before starting the season.

Valve really messed up your release, that's very unfortunate... =/
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #31
JeffR
FHM Producer

Haven't heard anything yet and I think Sebastian's offline for the evening, I'll see if I can get an update for tomorrow. And maybe try fixing it again myself in the meantime, I was trying to figure it out and found a forum comment about Steam wallet settings that might apply, although I suspect not.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
JeffR
FHM Producer

Alright, we finally got it working, the FHM4 workshop is now live at http://steamcommunity.com/app/595420/workshop/ - one warning, though: there's a bug with the "edit" button in the game's workshop page that may cause a crash. It'll be fixed in the next update, but for now it's safer to make changes (aside from uploads) in the "your workshop" section of the Steam client/website.
4 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (10-11-2017), Puckhead (10-11-2017), Pwal (10-11-2017), Spirits (10-14-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #33
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 88x in 44 posts
Quote:
Alright, we finally got it working, the FHM4 workshop is now live at http://steamcommunity.com/app/595420/workshop/ - one warning, though: there's a bug with the "edit" button in the game's workshop page that may cause a crash. It'll be fixed in the next update, but for now it's safer to make changes (aside from uploads) in the "your workshop" section of the Steam client/website.
Thanks.

Is it possible for you devs to automatically migrate all of the downloads for FHM3 to the Steam Workshop of FHM4? This would be great...
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #34
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Thanks.

Is it possible for you devs to automatically migrate all of the downloads for FHM3 to the Steam Workshop of FHM4? This would be great...
Doesn't look like it, unfortunately. Steam ties everything uploaded to each individual game's id, and they don't offer a way to migrate content from one to another from our side.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #35
jh95
All Star Starter

Thanked 2,622x in 648 posts
Unable To Create A Workshop

I do not see the option to create a new Workshop.
My Installation is pointing to beta version.
Do I have to enter my key and change this to a full version of FHM 4?
Can I use the same key for parallel installations with and without steam?
I run steam in a VM for beta testing and the key is used for the non-beta on my Windows machine.
Thanks for any help!
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #36
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh95 View Post
I do not see the option to create a new Workshop.
My Installation is pointing to beta version.
Do I have to enter my key and change this to a full version of FHM 4?
Can I use the same key for parallel installations with and without steam?
I run steam in a VM for beta testing and the key is used for the non-beta on my Windows machine.
Thanks for any help!
As long as you're updated to the most recent version, you've got the same version as regular users (or a later one, depending on whether or not we've updated the beta build recently.) Do you not get the Steamworks link at all, or does it not allow you to create an item?
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #37
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
As long as you're updated to the most recent version, you've got the same version as regular users (or a later one, depending on whether or not we've updated the beta build recently.) Do you not get the Steamworks link at all, or does it not allow you to create an item?
That┤s how it Steam Workshops for FHM 4 look like. Is there something missing?
Attached Images
Old 10-16-2017, 11:37 AM   #38
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh95 View Post
That┤s how it Steam Workshops for FHM 4 look like. Is there something missing?
You must first create your new item in the Steam Workshop section of FHM4, that is in the game itself. Then, you can edit it in Steam.
Thank you for this post:
jh95 (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #39
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
You must first create your new item in the Steam Workshop section of FHM4, that is in the game itself. Then, you can edit it in Steam.
Thanks! I totally missed it!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #40
jh95
All Star Starter

Question

Is setting visibility to "public" enough to make a Workshop visible for other users in Steam?
How long does it take until the other users can see it?
Thanks!