Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

OOTP Baseball Survey - Help us and win a copy of OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
caltroit_red_flames
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Importing Player Information

Is there a way to import player information?

In the league I'm creating players are updated on a weekly timeline and as of right now that would require the updater to manually go through every player in the game and change their ratings in the numeric text boxes.

Instead the plan I have is to have multiple people update an exported spreadsheet from the game then once the ratings are all updated import the updated spreadsheet. Is this or anything like it possible in either FHM 4 or FHM 5.
caltroit_red_flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
caltroit_red_flames
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
JeffR I posted this in the wrong place can you move it to the proper spot?

Last edited by caltroit_red_flames; 12-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.
caltroit_red_flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 8,679x in 2,949 posts
No, right now there's no way to import player information other than manually.entering it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
Gagnonp23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
In the same area,

I've noticed there is a missing player on Laval Rockets (AHL). Is there a way to add a new player or can only edit an existing less known player?
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Thanked 353x in 173 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
In the same area,

I've noticed there is a missing player on Laval Rockets (AHL). Is there a way to add a new player or can only edit an existing less known player?
Who is the player?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
Gagnonp23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Adam Plant.

However he just got demoted to ECHL

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/101583/adam-plant
Old 12-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

He'll be in the next update. Looks like he slipped through when the college section of the database wasn't complete.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #8
Gagnonp23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Is there still a way I can add him myself in my current game or I have to edit an existing player?
Old 12-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

You can create a new player from the League edit screen - it's a button near the bottom-left corner.
Thank you for this post:
Gagnonp23 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #10
Gagnonp23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Thanks Jeff,

I created the guy, now I am eding him. Everything is fine, except is there a way I can edit his historical stats?
Old 12-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Thanks Jeff,

I created the guy, now I am eding him. Everything is fine, except is there a way I can edit his historical stats?
Nope, sorry, no way to edit the stats at the moment.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #12
G-Force
All Star Reserve

Thanked 341x in 270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, right now there's no way to import player information other than manually.entering it.

Can I ask, at the risk of sounding rude, why this still isn't something in this game when you're under the OOTP umbrella and their game has been able to do this practically since inception? It seems like they would want this game to have the same feature.

GH

The Alltime Baseball League (best players in history)
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:59 AM   #13
Gagnonp23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
He'll be in the next update. Looks like he slipped through when the college section of the database wasn't complete.
Thanks for the update, he is now on the new roster.. I understand that the Laval Rockets does not have any ECHL affiliation and players canít be demoted there, but in the update he is with Maine Mariners, while in real life he is contracted with Laval, not Maine, even tho he is currently playing with Maine. I know, I can change him myself so itís not a big deal, but just to make it more accurate, shouldnít he be with Laval?
Old 12-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Thanks for the update, he is now on the new roster.. I understand that the Laval Rockets does not have any ECHL affiliation and players canít be demoted there, but in the update he is with Maine Mariners, while in real life he is contracted with Laval, not Maine, even tho he is currently playing with Maine. I know, I can change him myself so itís not a big deal, but just to make it more accurate, shouldnít he be with Laval?
Interesting, he should've retained the Laval contract, that's how he's set up in the database. I know when we set contracts to non-parent teams in the data it'll work in some cases, but I'm wondering if it's only set to do that for NHL-contracted guys, I'll have to check on that.
Thank you for this post:
Gagnonp23 (12-30-2018)