Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Offseason Discount: OOTP Baseball 18 is 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-01-2016, 12:57 PM   #1
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,433x in 825 posts
Confederation of European Baseball for OOTP 17

32 Nations, 68 Leagues, and 623 Teams are represented in this year's version. The champions of the 32 top-level leagues will face off in a playoff tournament to decide the winner of the Champions Cup.

What's real?
  • Logos, uniforms, playoff structures*, park names**, league structures***.
What's fictional?
  • Rosters, roster rules****, schedules, financials, park dimensions, and factors.

What's changed?
  • Many of the top-tier leagues have re-done uniforms and jerseys, including some with home and away jerseys.

• Re-done logos for most teams - I've gotten rid of the white border. That looked OK a couple versions ago, but didn't fit as well with the cleaner look of OOTP 17.

• Austria now has 4 more lower-tier leagues, but Sweden no longer has their lower-tier leagues. Other countries are adjusted as necessary.

• Each level now has custom names - Senior, Junior, Cadet and Regional.

• No more international complexes! Looks like setting all the leagues to create no international free agents means that the complexes go away.

• Each level also now has an association and post-season tournament. Why the heck not, right?

• Financials have been adjusted slightly from the previous version, and the more powerful countries and higher-tier leagues will be more profitable than the lower leagues. This is done on a rough curve to attempt to foster realistic player movement.

* - League playoffs are as realistic as OOTP will allow, and are accurate as far as I can find. Some leagues have a quasi-split season where the top X clubs have a round robin tournament to determine the final playoff spots, and OOTP just can't do that. Additionally, some countries feature a "playdown" series between the 2-4 lowest finishers in the top tier, with the playdown loser having to win a Relegation Series against the second tier champion in order to stay in the top tier. Obviously, OOTP doesn't model these scenarios, although you could manually schedule these sorts of things if you're ambitious.

** - Most of them, anyways. Some of them, I didn't bother tracking them down or trying to translate them. Such is life.

*** - I wasn't able to track down 2016 information for all of the countries involved in the QuickStart (although most of them are pretty accurate). Some of the nations may have different real-life structures this year, but I doubt it'll be much different than in 2015.

**** - All the leagues are set to 25-man rosters with a 20 player reserve roster.

You can download it in-game through Add-On Central, or directly from the following link:

CEB OOTP 17.quick

In order to keep the file size down, the direct link is a .7z file, which compresses to about half the size of a regular zip file. You can extract it with the 100% free, open source, safe and reputable 7-zip.

Special thanks to cheo25, who provided schedules for some of the oddly-sized leagues.

I'm also the commissioner of the OTBA. Drop me a line if you'd like to join!

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 06-01-2016 at 01:16 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
7 thanks for this post:
andyhdz (06-01-2016), BaseballBeast (06-01-2016), cmaug (06-28-2016), jpeters1734 (06-25-2016), nutt (06-01-2016), OBSL Commish (06-01-2016), yazfan67 (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
nutt
All Star Reserve

Thanked 276x in 153 posts
YAY! New Leagues to add to my game!
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
andyhdz
Major Leagues

Thanked 220x in 129 posts
wow sounds great. I'll definitely try it out. I've noticed that the amount of teams and leagues OOTP can handle as far as simming the games during the season but it's in the off season when you allow players to go to any league that it really slows down b/c of the free agent processing logic. I've found that eliminating the option of free agents leaving their home league during the off season helps tremendously. During the regular season I turn it back on for in-season movement. It cuts down on the natural movement of players I admit but it definitely helps my sanity as far as off season sim times.

Last edited by andyhdz; 06-01-2016 at 06:25 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
klucklc
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Help Needed

I have downloaded the CEB quickstart. I have moved it to the quickstart folder. I cannot get it to show up on the list. What am I doing wrong?
klucklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
nutt
All Star Reserve

Thanked 276x in 153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucklc View Post
I have downloaded the CEB quickstart. I have moved it to the quickstart folder. I cannot get it to show up on the list. What am I doing wrong?
it's for OOTP17, not OOTP18. You would have to convert it, first.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #6
klucklc
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
it's for OOTP17, not OOTP18. You would have to convert it, first.
Thanks. Finally figured that out last night

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
klucklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #7
NUCCGRAD14
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 2 posts
How the hell do you convert this to make it work for 18?
NUCCGRAD14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #8
OutS|der
All Star Starter

Thanked 399x in 268 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCCGRAD14 View Post
How the hell do you convert this to make it work for 18?
Click import 2017 game and then navigate to the world.dat and click confirm
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #9
mike1990
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Is anyone else getting to the Association Playoffs for the Senior leagues and it getting stuck? So far, all of the playoff series have finished, except one. It's 1-1 and it's been like that for at least 4 months.

Also, the Junior League Association never started their playoffs even though all the seasons are over.
mike1990 is offline   Reply With Quote