Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > MLB Manager 2017 > MLB Manager Dynasty Reports

MLB Manager Dynasty Reports Tell us about the MLBM dynasties you have built!

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #41
Paulie123
All Star Starter

Thanked 267x in 254 posts
25 April 2046

GM’s notebook - Series 7 and 8

Denver 0-3 Magpies
Denver 2-4 Magpies
Denver 2-1 Magpies
Magpies 1-2 Salem
Magpies 9-2 Salem
Magpies 5-8 Salem

- P.J. Hendrickson continues to impress. He threw 8 sublime innings for just 3 hits in the series opener against Denver, and is now 3-0 with a 1.05 ERA.
- Tommaso Chigi is also doing well, and has a 2.12 ERA from his 4 starts.
- After being off the major league roster for over a year, some arcane SCL rule which I don’t fully understand meant that Chigi was not eligible for arbitration in the autumn, and instead reverted to a one-year contract at the league minimum $535,000. After this excellent start, I offered him a 2-year extension and he signed for $850,000 per year. This could give me a handy 5th starter or long-man in the bullpen for a very cheap price. He could end up being a total dud, of course, but it has cost me very little to find out.
- Del Hill (8 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1BB) was a very unlucky loser in the first game in Salem. The offense isn’t giving enough run support, even with Bob Miller back in the lineup.
- The offense must have heard me grumbling, because they burst into life in the second game of the series. Guillermo Díaz (.815 OPS) was only a double short of the cycle.
- After the game I traded Jorge Chávez, Wally Richardson and Gerardo Rivera to Richmond in exchange for new closer Júlio Martínez and lefty Kelvin Pennington (see next post). I didn’t want to lose Rivera, one of my few prospects, but the Eagles wouldn’t do the deal without him or Robinson Ortíz as part of the package. I strongly prefer Ortíz.

These series: 3-3
Record: 14-10
Position: =3rd place, 5 GB from St. Paul
Paulie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #42
Paulie123
All Star Starter

25 April 2046

====================
SCLmagpiesnation.com
====================

Magpies land the Crow in multi-pitcher trade with Eagles

By Maggie Pye | 25 April | 23,812 comments

General manager Billy DePodesta has pulled off his biggest transaction yet, landing elite reliever Júlio ‘Crow’ Martínez via trade from the Richmond Eagles.

The Magpies have acquired 25-year-old Martínez, veteran lefty relieve Kelvin Pennington, and minor league starting pitcher John Allen. Moving to Richmond in return are major league relievers Jorge Chávez, who only signed for the Magpies in the winter, and Wally Richardson, and pitching prospect Gerardo Rivera.

The move looks a good one for both teams. With flame-thrower Doug Bradley locked in as closer, the Eagles viewed Martínez as expendable, and have exchanged him for two good bullpen arms, and they’ve got the 24-year-old Rivera who has immediately joined their rotation. For the Magpies, the move makes their struggling bullpen younger and better. Martínez has immediately been installed as closer, pushing Manny Gallegos into a setup role, and Don Rich into middle relief.

Insiders tell MagpiesNation the trade came about when Richmond contacted DePodesta looking to move Pennington, who was on the trading block. Chávez (7.72 ERA from 8 starts) has been a huge disappointment since signing for the Magpies in the offseason. The Magpies viewed Pennington as a like-for-like replacement in terms of talent, while the Eagles will be hoping a change of scenery will see Chávez return to his best form.

The Magpies have reportedly already opened negotiations with Martínez over a multi-year contract extension. Martínez will otherwise be arbitration-eligible for the first time at the end of this season.
Attached Images

Last edited by Paulie123; Yesterday at 05:50 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #43
Paulie123
All Star Starter

2 May 2046

GM’s notebook - Series 9 and 10

Bismarck 0-5 Magpies
Bismarck 0-1 Magpies
Bismarck 0-2 Magpies
Magpies 3-2 Carson City
Magpies 5-3 Carson City
Magpies 13-0 Carson City

- Mal Brown took a no-hitter into the 7th inning of the comfortable 5-0 win against Bismarck. He and Don Rich restricted the Coyotes to just 2 hits overall.
- Veteran first baseman Roberto Marín has been in a nasty slump this season (.191), but went 2-3 with a double and a triple in the same game. Is that the slump-buster?
- Júlio Martínez bagged his first Magpies save in the second Coyotes game.
- Jeremiah Harvey suffered a herniated disc in his neck making a routine play at second. He’ll be out 1-2 weeks and goes on the DL. We won’t miss his .179 hitting. Orlando Gonzáles will move across to 2B and Matt Anderson will start every day at SS. Joe Sanders is called up to provide infield cover.
- Madison have signed up their ace starter Al Harper to a monster 7-year, $183m contract. Harper was WL Outstanding Hitter in 2044 and has a 96-64, 2.94 record. But that’s a big financial commitment to a guy who’s about to turn 28 and has a fragile injury reputation.
- Until the Harvey injury meant I moved him to second, Gonzáles had is settling into playing shortstop. 1 error in his last 41 innings there is a huge improvement on his hopeless first few games.
- Tommaso Chigi celebrated his contract extension by putting up a brilliant line of 7 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB as we completed the series blanking of the Coyotes.
- Jim Dillman has asked for a new contract. He wants 3 years, $32m per year. Er, no way.
- Guillermo Díaz hit 3-5 with 6 RBI as we battered the Rattlesnakes to complete a terrific week. He broke the game open with a gland slam in the 2nd and we never looked back. We didn’t need Brown’s second consecutive scoreless start.

These series: 6-0
Record: 20-10
Position: 2nd place, 1 GB from St. Paul
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #44
Paulie123
All Star Starter

2 May 2046

Colin Creosote
@collywobbles84

What a week! Did not see this start coming at all #pleasantsurprise
10:34PM - 1 May 2046

Severino Guadalajara-Smith
@sabermetricjedi

116 runs scored, 80 against, so exactly on our #Pythagorean record, we’ve not been lucky. Loving Del Hill and his 2.75 FIP, 6.1 K/BB as I’m sure we all are! #niceonebilly
10:41PM - 1 May 2046

Davide Ostrich
@headinthesand

Star of the show has been the defense, .741 defensive efficiency is awesome. Matt Anderson 1.114 EFF, zero errors at SS - oh yes!
10:42PM - 1 May 2046

Zebedee Stethoscope
@glasshalfempty

@collywobbles84 @sabermetricjedi @headinthesand Wel I 4 1 wont b getting carried away wiv all dis jst yet
10:56PM - 1 May 2046