Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Offseason Discount: OOTP Baseball 18 is 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #21
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Nick Markakis and 14 Game Win Streak!

The Atlanta Braves remain red hot as they continue to demolish opponents on their way to a post season bid. Two recent events were worth mentioning right before the end of month update for July and August. I thought it would be better to separate these two events from the my next post to save time.

The Atlanta Braves are currently on a 14 game win streak as they swept the Colorado Rockies at home. After winning a pivotal series against the St. Louis Cardinals, the Braves went on a significant hot streak, Sweeping the Rockies, Reds, Mariners, and the Rockies (again). With a series against the Philadelphia Phillies ahead, the Braves could potentially find another series sweep and move their streak to 17 games. However, the team must then take on the Chicago Cubs, a team that the team has struggled with this season thus far. However, this is the first real test for the Braves as they move closer to the Playoffs.

Nick Markakis struggled to find a spot in the starting Lineup with Ronald Acuna, Ender Inciarte, and Matt Kemp earlier this season but has certainly found his stride as the season begins to wrap up. On August 26th, 2017, Nick Markakis hit his 2000 career Hit. In 1780 AB, Markakis is hitting .291 AVG, 166 HR, and 850 RBIs.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
MattDE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #22
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Does anyone have a memorable streak? A cool happening (such as a 4 HR game ali Scooter Gennett), a No-Hitter or Perfect game? I want to hear you're stories! I had a Michael Fulmer No-Hitter once on a non-online Dynasty. I sent the picture to my brother but never posted it here on the forum. Maybe he still has it on his phone.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:55 AM   #23
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Has anyone noticed how the game plays out like real life often - Rhys Hopkins in my last dynasty (FantasticPhanatic23) had similar stats to real life. Now my Braves team is trying to go Cleveland and has a 17 game win streak going on.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #24
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
End of Month Update

End of July and August Update
The Atlanta Braves are red hot as they enter the last full month of regular season play. The Braves are currently on an 18-game win streak as they won the first game of a 4-game series with the Chicago Cubs on the road at Wrigley Field. The Braves, who at the end of June were 46-42 (.523) are now sitting 77-56 (.579), good for 2nd place and 4 ½ games behind the New York Mets. Why the success? The Atlanta Braves moved struggling Catcher Kurt Suzuki in a trade with the New York Yankees for bench player Austin Romine. Furthermore, the Braves benched struggling starter Matt Kemp. Moreover, the Braves called up Ozzie Albies to “The Show” and received elite performances for Julio Teheran and Freddie Freeman. Finally, both the team’s batting and fielding have started to click.

Pitching Update
SP – Julio Teheran and SP – Mike Foltynewicz have done their share of the rotation’s heavy listing of late. While the back end of their rotation continues to struggle. Until Jim Johnson returns from the DL, the team must rely more on its starters to get deep into games. Julio Teheran, who had a tough start to his season, has finally started to click and show why he is one of the top aces in the rotation. Meanwhile, Folty has continued to pitch just good enough to get wins.

SP – Julio Teheran pitched: 164.2 IP, 1.03 WHIP, 1.1 HR/9, 2.2 BB/9, 7.7 K/9, 90 FIP -, 3.1 WAR

SP – Mike Foltynewicz pitched: 153.2 IP, 1.19 WHIP, 1.3 HR/9, 3.3 BB/9, 7.4 K/9, 106 FIP -, 1.5 WAR

Jim Johnson is currently on rehab assignment in the Minor Leagues and is expected to be ready as the team approaches the playoffs. Until then, the team has had trouble finding a solid closer. Boone Logan has only been sub-par as of late and Ian Krol has been knocking on the door for the position.

RP – Boone Logan pitched: 51.2 IP, 1.24 WHIP, 1.7 HR/9, 3.5 BB/9, 11.0 K/9, 92 FIP –, 0.1 WAR

RP – Ian Krol pitched: 66.1 IP, 1.24 WHIP, 0.7 HR/9, 2.8 BB/9, 8.4 K/9, 78 FIP -, 1.0 WAR

Batting Update
As previously mentioned, the Atlanta Braves have really been propelled by Freddie Freeman to the next level. Freeman is putting up MVP numbers as he continues to put up career numbers. Additionally, Nick Markakis, Ronald Acuna, and Ender Inciarte have all contributed to the team’s offensive production as of late. Notably, Inciarte went on a 24 game hitting streak. The Braves are still waiting for Dansby Swanson to reach his stride, but has seen slightly incremental improvements as the season progresses.

1B – Freddie Freeman hit: 472 AB, 6.3 WAR, 16.40 BB%, 19.50 SO%, .408 wOBP, .275 ISO, .361 BABIP, 163 wRC+.

RF – Nick Markakis hit: 346 AB, 3.2 WAR, 11.70 BB%, 10.20 SO%, .388 wOBP, .150 ISO, .366 BABIP, 149 wRC+.

CF – Ronald Acuna hit: 504 AB, 2.7 WAR, 7.50 BB%, 28.40 SO%, .325 wOBP, .185 ISO, .314 BABIP, 105 wRC+.

LF – Ender Inciarte hit: 558 AB, 2.6 WAR, 3.70 BB%, 12.10 SO%, .313 wOBP, .108 ISO, .337 BABIP, 97 wRC+.

SS – Dansby Swanson hit: 507 AB, 2.3 WAR, 6.70 BB%, 25.60 SO%, .290 wOBP, .108 ISO, .347 BABIP, 81 wRC+.

Time to Release Matt Kemp?
The time table for Matt Kemp has officially ran out. He has continually hurt the team with his play both Offensively and Defensively and shows no sign of improvement in the upcoming weeks. The problem, nobody wants the former MVP and he is due $39.9 M over the next 3 years.

Kemp hit: 220 AB, -0.9 WAR, 3.10 BB%, 27.30 SO%, .246 BABIP, .168 ISO, .223 BABIP, 50 wRC+.

Players to be released:
3B – Adonis Garcia
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #25
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
The Atlanta Braves win streak is now up to 19 wins. I decided from Win #19 and on (if any), that I will save the replays. If anyone would be interested let me know!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:43 AM   #26
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
The Atlanta Braves win streak is now up to #20 games!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #27
Tieran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Can you beat 22?
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #28
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
I plan on playing more today. I've been busy getting ready for the new football season. first team practice starts tomorrow here in Germany. I have no control of the team play either. I set it so the AI picks players, strategy, lineups etc. So I just sit back and watch lol. I thought for sure the cubs would have gotten me by now. So i guess I will wait and see..

As long as Freddie Freeman keeps his .... i dunno what you call it... going... We will keep winning. Now the PC just walks him. I think he's walked 8 consecutive times if I've been paying attention.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #29
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Atlanta Surpases A's, Seaks #22

Mark September 3rd in the History Books. The Atlanta Braves completed the sweep of the Chicago Cubs on a 5 run opening Inning and great pitching, ultimately putting the Braves streak to 21 consecutive wins. A streak of this nature hasn't been seen since the 2002 Oakland A's season which was highlighted in Michael Lewis's Money Ball. Only the 1935 Chicago Cubs (21), 1880 Chicago White Stockings (21), 2017 Cleveland Indians (22), and 1916 New York Giants (26) have surpassed them.

From the Oakland A's 2002 Wiki:

"On August 13, the Athletics began their then-AL-record 20-game win streak. The streak's first win came courtesy of Barry Zito, who allowed three runs (one earned) over eight innings in a 5-4 victory over the Jays. Over the next several weeks, stellar pitching, hitting, and defense all played a significant role in the Athletics' surge. Most notable were the efforts of fourth starter Cory Lidle. During the month of August, Lidle went 5-0 while posting a scant 0.20 earned run average (he allowed one run his final start of the month); three of his five winning decisions fell within the confines of the streak. Even still, many of the Athletics' victories were by narrow margins; closer Billy Koch recorded either a win or save in twelve of the streak's twenty wins."

"Oakland's streak came to an end with a 6-0 loss to the Minnesota Twins on September 5. The A's continued to play well down the stretch, as evidenced by their final record of 103-59. The club's late-season surge allowed it to hold off the Anaheim Angels, who finished only four games behind them at 99-63. Oakland's regular season exploits, however, once again failed to translate into postseason success. The team again lost the American League Division Series (this time to the Twins, who also ended the 20-game streak) in five games."

Here are my sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...inning_streaks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_O...hletics_season

Ultimately this doesn't mean squat if the team doesn't do well in the playoffs. Questions of whether or not the pitching is good enough will have to be answered as the team moves forward. A majority of the wins came against lesser talent and a bit of luck mixed with explosive offense. I hope the team can keep this train rolling!

btw you know who hasn't helped: Matt Kemp - the official worst player in OOTP (my dynasty).. Worse then some previous OOTP Ryan Howards *Puke*

*I don't know why but my german word correcting program put Seaks instead of Seeks.... Ugh.....Might have been a glitch.
Attached Images

Last edited by MattDE23; 09-28-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #30
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
#22!
Old 09-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #31
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Braves reach #22, pass Cleveland for best streak in the Modern Era

The Atlanta Braves won consecutive game #23 with a win over the Texas Rangers on the back of Ender Inciarte who hit a go ahead 2 Run HR in the 6th inning of tonight's game. The Braves now lay claim to the best win streak in the modern age of Baseball!

*PS - These kind of weird seasons (Winning the WS with the Phillies with an allstar rookie team... or 24 game hit streaks... or 23 game win streaks....) have only happened for me in OOTP 18. Is there new AI? Or something that would be causing these types of phenomena.
Attached Images
Old 09-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #32
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Braves win #24 and things got weird

Today's game got weird. Julio Teheran took a No-Hitter into the last out of the 4th inning when he gave up the first hit of the ball game. Then Robinson Chirinos hit an Inside the Park Home Run to score two. From there it was a total slug fest, resulting in an Atlanta Braves go ahead home run in the bottom of the 6th. They eventually held out for the win. The Braves are three games away from setting the All Time Baseball Record!

The Next Matchup is the Miami Marlins. This year, the Braves are (3-9) against the Marlins. Will they be the ones to beat the streak?

Last edited by MattDE23; 09-28-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #33
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
The Streak Is Over

The Amazing Atlanta Braves win streak is finally over as they fall to the Miami Marlins.The Braves were unable to answer to a Miami Marlins go ahead run in the Top of the 8th to put them up 4-2. While they were able to get one of the runs back (4-3), Ozzie Albies grounded out to end the game. While the fans were disappointed that the team was unable to break the all time baseball win streak, they will certainly remember this amazing inaugural season at Sun Trust Park. The Braves (24 consecutive wins) only failed to surpass the 1916 New York Giants (26 consecutive wins).

The Atlanta Braves are now 83-57 on the season (No Help To Matt Kemp), and are still 2nd in the league behind New York Mets who are still 3 1/2 games out front. While there is still approximately a month of baseball left, it will be difficult to secure the division.
Attached Images
Old 09-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #34
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Braves make the Playoffs! Division still undecided!

Braves fans were extra excited today as the Atlanta Braves won both games of the their double header against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Braves (91-63) are now mathematically locked into a wild card spot and sit 4 1/2 games behind the New York Mets for the division championship. With just 8 regular season games left to go.

It appears that the San Francisco Giants will fall short of Arizona (currently 3 games back) for the 2nd Wild Card Spot.

There will be no end of the month update for September because of the playoffs. Numbers will be combined once the regular season + playoffs are over. Like in my last dynasty I will record every playoff game and make them available if anyone is interested. Im not quite ready to get game film on Youtube quite yet. That is a bigger project for a different dynasty or future seasons.

Thanks again as always for reading!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by MattDE23; 09-30-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #35
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Playoff Game #1: Wildcard

I officially hate the Arizona Diamondbacks......

Now a lot of people probably didn't read my other dynasty on my old Username FantasticPhanatic23, but the post season started about the same. A Tie-Breaker game between the Pittsburgh Pirates and my Philadelphia Phillies (an unintended rivalry match-up with huge implications) and the winner got to go and play the Diamondbacks for the Wildcard Match-up.Needless to say that I am, almost by fate, suppose to meet the Diamondbacks in the Wildcard round.

Who is in?

Your NL Division Leaders are:
NL East - New York Mets
NL Central - Chicago Cubs
NL West - LA Dodgers

(I think these were the same 3 teams in my other Phillies Dynasty)

Your AL teams are:
AL East - Baltimore Orioles
AL Central - Cleveland Indians
AL West - Houston Astros

See anything that looks familiar to real life? Lets make it more weird. In Real Life the Cleveland Indians have a 101-59 record. In my dynasty they are 103-59 (unlikely but doable).

Here are your Wildcard Matchups:

NL - Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves
AL - Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland A's

Who am I most surprised about missing the playoffs?

1) San Francisco Giants (88-74, 1 GB WC)
2) New York Yankees (84-78, 4 GB WC)
3) Colorado Rockies (85-77, 4 GB WC)
4) Toronto Blue Jays (83-79, 5 GB WC)

*All replays (provided I go to the next round) will be available if desired.

*End of Season Update will be made available after the playoffs.

*I will post game by game analysis (provided I keep winning).
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #36
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
One Man Army -> Freeman Blasts the Braves past Arizona to secure NLDS

One Man Army
Freddie Freeman did not waste time in Saturday Night's Wildcard match-up. Freeman hit a go-ahead HR in the bottom of the 1st Inning off of Zack Greinke to put the brave up 1-0. Then in his next at-bat, hit a 2-Run HR in the bottom of the third, putting the Braves up 3-0. His 2 HR day was paired with two walks and a strikeout.

Ozzie Albies also contributed to the Braves offensive clinic with a 1 R, 4 H game.

Who's Moving on?

The Oakland A's beat out the Seattle Mariners in the ALWC match-up and will move on to face the Cleveland Indians. Likewise, the Atlanta Braves beat out the Arizona Diamondbacks in the NLWC and will face the LA Dodgers
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #37
Tieran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Oakland? Seattle? Baltimore? Atlanta???? That has got to be the weirdest Postseason ever.
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:35 AM   #38
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
I thought so too. I mean San Francisco was competing equally to Arizona most of the season and then had a pair of unfortunate injuries in September, ultimately losing the spot 1 GB the wild card.

New York had a similar happening when they lost a pair of guys like Tanaka and Sabathia. But not seeing Boston in there was most surprising. The rest of the AL I have no answer for. I mean Oakland in real life is garbage, Cleveland is good by virtue of how bad the other teams in the league are, and Houston is probably the only legit team because of youth and the 3 worst years in baseball history. They live and die on the Home Run and are not shy about it. I dont expect them to get very far in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Cleveland vs. Chicago when it is all said and done.

Last edited by MattDE23; 10-02-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #39
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
NLDS Game 1: Braves Drop Series Opener

The Atlanta Braves were not able to shut down Clayton Kershaw in tonight's series opener.The Braves lost the game 3-4. Kershaw gave up 3 ER in 7 IP while striking out 6. Mike Foltynewicz gave up 4 ER in 3.2 IP while striking out 5. While Ronald Acuna and Jace Peterson had multi-hit games, as well as, a pair of runs scored, The offense were unable to get the job done today.

Game 2 features Braves SP - Sean Newcomb vs. Dodgers SP - Ross Stripling.

Last edited by MattDE23; 10-02-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #40
MattDE23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
NLDS Game 2: Braves 2-Hit Win against the Dodgers

The Atlanta Braves ride Sean Newcomb's outstanding start on a way to 1-0 win in Game 2 of the NLDS. Newcomb pitched 7IP, 2H, 0ER, 1BB, 7 K in tonight's shutout win. Freddie Freeman hit the game winning HR in the bottom of the 9th inning to secure the win. Ian Krol recorded the save.

Game 3 features a match-up between Braves SP - Julio Teheran and Dodgers SP - Alex Wood.