Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:10 PM   #1
campinginalaska
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Such a huge untapped market...

It's still amazing to me that in the years since Francis started the development of his game, that no major sports management sim company actually produced a game. Any game focusing around this sport could honestly create so much attention if done right, in the same way FM did.

You can still find people now pleading for something like this all around the internet and playing things such as the head coach series or FOF like right now trying to find their perfect mix. Here's hoping OOTP and Jim can properly actualize that vision!
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Antonin (12-06-2018), wilkiburger14 (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,599x in 2,046 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Here's hoping OOTP and Jim can properly actualize that vision!
You can say that again, but you don't have to since I did it for you!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Cole
Global Moderator

Thanked 1,666x in 611 posts
Quote:
It's still amazing to me that in the years since Francis started the development of his game, that no major sports management sim company actually produced a game.
Well, that is actually false. You already mentioned FOF and I believe both FOF 7 and 8 came out within the time the OOTP football project started. There's also Draft Day Sports Pro Football, which also just released a new version. Also Football Mogul (although from what I gather that's not really a recommended game).
Old 12-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
campinginalaska
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Well, that is actually false. You already mentioned FOF and I believe both FOF 7 and 8 came out within the time the OOTP football project started. There's also Draft Day Sports Pro Football, which also just released a new version. Also Football Mogul (although from what I gather that's not really a recommended game).
Yeah you're not wrong but Wolverine Studios is a small up-start (which is why I said major sports sim company) unlike OOTP or SI. Wolverine Studios game is definitely good but I feel like they do the basketball side of things a lot better and definitely deliver when it comes to that. DDS: Pro Football is a lot more GM heavy and isn't like FOF from what I've played of both.

Football Mogul to me is just a more stripped down FOF with player pics but that will be solved in FOF9 so I'm not really bothered. The point of my original post is that no company with gigantic marketing potential or hype itself ever capitalized on the need for it (aside from OOTP supporting BTS Football) and I'm still surprised by that.
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
Cole
Global Moderator

Thanked 1,666x in 611 posts
Quote:
The point of my original post is that no company with gigantic marketing potential or hype itself ever capitalized on the need for it (aside from OOTP supporting BTS Football) and I'm still surprised by that.

This is sim gaming. There are no companies with gigantic marketing potential and hype. SI is probably the only exception, but that's probably more to do with the global,enormous popularity of soccer.

Yes, OOTPD is bigger than Wolverine, but I really don't feel like it is that huge of a difference between the company's overall and most players in this genre are going to know about other smaller games and companies like Wolverine anyway.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
Reggie
Major Leagues

Thanked 194x in 107 posts
Not sure what would qualify as a huge market. But I am positive that if someone develops a football game with the same graphics, customization and "feel" as OOTP baseball 19 the sales would be brisk. I know we are nowhere near that and it took OOTP baseball years and years to reach its current awesomeness ... just saying if it ever reaches that level a football sim would sell like hot cakes IMHO.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote