Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #41
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,227x in 1,451 posts
March 21st will soon be here... just two months and 10 days from the release of OOTP20.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #42
wallewalls
Major Leagues

Thanked 206x in 118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Hey, OOTPB Development Team !!

Feel free to chime in anytime you want with some new features or key areas of improvement in OOTP20.

That was the purpose of my thread... I didn't intend it to be a borderline basher thread.
I believe they usually announce the new features around late january or early february.
wallewalls is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Eugene Church (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:48 PM   #43
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 125x in 50 posts
Ok, stupid question regarding Sweed's screenshot a while back...

How the heck does one get the "High" and "Low" traits to show up under a player's personality like that?
Critical Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:51 AM   #44
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,459x in 562 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Mass View Post
Ok, stupid question regarding Sweed's screenshot a while back...

How the heck does one get the "High" and "Low" traits to show up under a player's personality like that?
Game settings> players and face gen> player personality settings > show player personality ratings on profile page
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #45
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,227x in 1,451 posts
I just played my first All-Star Game using OOTP19.

They still refer to each All-Star team as "the All-Stars" when giving the game score.

How about giving the "league name" of each All-Star team when giving the score in the All-Star Game PBP?

Example: "The National League All-Stars are now ahead 7-5"... instead of "The All-Stars are now ahead 7-5."

Which All-Stars are ahead in the game?

I know, this is no big deal, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

It must really be impossible to fix... otherwise it would have been fixed 10 versions ago... right?

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-16-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
FSUKegman (01-16-2019), gamefan1978 (02-07-2019), krownroyal83 (01-17-2019), Mt Fire Fighter (01-23-2019), Qrusher14242 (01-17-2019), saturn2187 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 11:40 AM   #46
x McLovin x
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 5x in 3 posts
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but something I feel would be a tremendous improvement would be the incorporation of this new "swellopt" contract structure that's been negotiated in a lot of the recent Scott Boras contract (Arrieta, Kikuchi, Britton come to mind). Would definitely take contract negotiations to a new level and it's something I certainly would greatly appreciate.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:51 AM   #47
CeeBod
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
If we're talking about improvements that we'd like to see, then one that I think that's long overdue is a change to the way that new International Free Agents become available every year. Way too many of these guys are impossibly over-powered.

In my current play-through (OOTP 18), the latest crop of international free agents this year (2025) include a 5-star starting pitcher with much better skills than the current Cy Young award winner, a 4.5-star starting pitcher with excellent all around skills and 4 good pitches, and a 5-star firstbaseman with insanely good all around hitting skills, and a power skill that's at the 100/100 maximum. The 1B has just been signed by the Rockies for whom an International Free Agent just retired after racking up a career slashline of .303/.370/.612 and a HR/AB rate that was just behind Babe Ruth. As he signed at age 30 and was injury-prone, he only played for 6 seasons before retiring, and had only 2596 AB in that time - in the 4 seasons he was healthy enough to play 100 games or more he won 2 MVP awards, a rookie of the year, and 4 each of All-star appearances and Silver Slugger. (Quick edit - the Rockies are AI controlled by the way, so nothing that I did in playing had any impact on how overpowered this guy was!)

Maybe some people like having these uber-players available to sign, but for me it feels completely unrealistic for the modern game. When a player anywhere in the world shows extraordinary skills today they generate a media frenzy that means that everyone hears about them while they're still prospects, or at least very early in their career (MLB scouts knew all about Shohei Ohtani way back in 2012 for example), so how do these players with ridiculously high skillsets that can then dominate the league for years manage to arrive as 30 year old unknown free agents?

Last edited by CeeBod; 02-07-2019 at 02:55 AM.
CeeBod is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (02-07-2019), seanstephans (02-09-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #48
jimmysthebestcop
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 78x in 59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBod View Post
If we're talking about improvements that we'd like to see, then one that I think that's long overdue is a change to the way that new International Free Agents become available every year. Way too many of these guys are impossibly over-powered.

In my current play-through (OOTP 18), the latest crop of international free agents this year (2025) include a 5-star starting pitcher with much better skills than the current Cy Young award winner, a 4.5-star starting pitcher with excellent all around skills and 4 good pitches, and a 5-star firstbaseman with insanely good all around hitting skills, and a power skill that's at the 100/100 maximum. The 1B has just been signed by the Rockies for whom an International Free Agent just retired after racking up a career slashline of .303/.370/.612 and a HR/AB rate that was just behind Babe Ruth. As he signed at age 30 and was injury-prone, he only played for 6 seasons before retiring, and had only 2596 AB in that time - in the 4 seasons he was healthy enough to play 100 games or more he won 2 MVP awards, a rookie of the year, and 4 each of All-star appearances and Silver Slugger. (Quick edit - the Rockies are AI controlled by the way, so nothing that I did in playing had any impact on how overpowered this guy was!)

Maybe some people like having these uber-players available to sign, but for me it feels completely unrealistic for the modern game. When a player anywhere in the world shows extraordinary skills today they generate a media frenzy that means that everyone hears about them while they're still prospects, or at least very early in their career (MLB scouts knew all about Shohei Ohtani way back in 2012 for example), so how do these players with ridiculously high skillsets that can then dominate the league for years manage to arrive as 30 year old unknown free agents?

If you have all of the International Leagues active you want to turn off the randomly generated international free agents. That will prevent the problem you are addressing.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
CeeBod (02-07-2019), seanstephans (02-09-2019)