Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve

Thanked 187x in 85 posts
Position Modifiers (Range / Errors)

Under position modifiers (Range and Errors), range for all four leagues is set to 1 (even after changing Stats year, hitting auto-calc, etc. on opening day). This never changes.

For ML, AAA, and AA, there are ratios listed for each position under the Errors column. While these are ratios, they do not ever change. Just stay the same. For example, Pitcher error rating is .648. Range for all leagues and all positions, however, is set to "1".

I created a new minor Single A league. In this league, range and errors for each position is set to "1.00". Even if I change the Stats year, hit auto calc, etc. it doesn't change....stays at 1.00.

Question - since these do not appear to change, should I just set them all to "1" in each league? I'm not sure why my new Single A league is all set to the default of 1 and why my other leagues are all set to a ratio for errors (again all leagues have range set at 1 for all positions).

Trying to figure out what restoring these all to "1" would do. Basically, I just want realistic modern day error stats at all positions.

What does Positions Modifier do and is there a meaningful need to have them anything different than 1. Note that my battings/pitching stats are set to year 2012.

Thoughts?

Thank you.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,765x in 1,426 posts
these are the #-value ratings you see on players. so if you want average rating value of league to shift, you use these the change what you see per player. whether 50-100 is the leage average or 55/100 may have an impact, fwiw. it may not just be a visual shift.

the LTM's and various dropdown settings on Stats and AI will influence what those numbers translate to. LTMs will impact what you see statistically -- average, min, low for each stat likely for any particular year etc. even if you have "20.000" pcms... but if everything is max/max then they are all equal in likely results too. so you can ruine variance by increasing PCM too high or low, potentially. they could do somethings to limit it or allow larger/smaller PCM without such a drastic effect at extremes, too.. but never tried anythign so crazy to be sure.

anyway, leave the PCMs at 1.000 regardless of historical era. when you import historical settings, it will affect teh LTMs to change errors and such.

hmm if there isn't a corresponding Range-related LTM or other setting, changing that particular PCM may work slightly differently -- as in more than just a shift for sure. howver fielding range is used per era, this will affect that directly without any LTM weighting. so, the impact of the range PCM may have a slightly different impact than other PCM -- no ltm to adust for era... simply improving or reducing league range -- and directly realtes to results ... sans LTM factor.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-21-2019 at 12:32 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote