Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.7.74 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 3 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Out of the Park Baseball 18 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
ivan5658
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Switching from DMB to OOTP

Hey everyone. I'm new to OOTP but been thinking of getting the game for a while.

So, I run a baseball sim league using Diamond Mind and recently many owners have become unhappy with the inaccuracy of the results (For example one owner has Scherzer, Lester and Kluber and they're all doing bad for him while we sim the 2016 season).

My question is: Would OOTP be a suitable replacement for DMB?

The way my league works is:
  • Owners send me manager profiles (typically in an excel sheet)
  • I input them into the system
  • I simulate games each night and upload results in HTML files to a site
Could I do the same with OOTP?

Thanks in advance!
ivan5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 927x in 630 posts
Yes. OOTP online leagues have all the capabilities you want and probably a hundred more.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 468x in 378 posts
Yes, except for the complaint from the GMs.
OOTP is based on odds. Odds are top players will perform and there will be anomalies. Sometimes those anomalies will be clumped together and look like inaccuracies.

I do not know about the accuracy of DMB. I have found the engine that runs OOTP to be very accurate depending on how the league is set up.

Commish/GM B.J.H.L. (OOTP14) Ft. Wayne Barnstormers
(2019-2040)
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
ivan5658
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Cool. Thanks for the responses.

I think I'll buy OOTP 18 and tinker with it to see if I make the switch. The site building seems like it might be the toughest part for me. My current site just works. A friend built it for me 4 years ago and I upload files through the FTP client and stuff just shows up.

Worth tinkering with as the output from OOTP seems like it would be way better than what I currently get out of DMB
ivan5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,944x in 1,679 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan5658 View Post
Worth tinkering with as the output from OOTP seems like it would be way better than what I currently get out of DMB
That is the general consensus, at least in this neck of the woods.

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #6
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 15x in 12 posts
So what do you think? Have you been converted? Also, I have an online league that I had the guy who hosts it send how-to videos on setting up the ftp & HTML. I only use the site for uploading/downloading files so it just "works" for me as well.
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote