Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Blutarsky
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
"xst"

I have used the search forum tool but cannot get a narrow result, just pages and pages of threads.

Many of my injured players have this "XST" listed by their diagnosis.

What is this?

Thank you.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,047
Thanks: 7,375
Thanked 3,030x in 1,859 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
I have used the search forum tool but cannot get a narrow result, just pages and pages of threads.

Many of my injured players have this "XST" listed by their diagnosis.

What is this?

Thank you.
I've honestly never seen that before. Could you possibly post a screenshot of one of these players so we can take a look?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Blutarsky
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator
 
kq76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 8,873
Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 937x in 527 posts
Extended Spring Training?

Quote:
Some players stick around in extended because they are rehabbing injuries
What is extended spring training? | Indians Baseball Insider

I really don't know. I'm just guessing.
__________________
Support the one-and-done DH or the SP-only DH
(I think they're both better than both the AL and NL games)
and more flexible substitution rules.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (02-18-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #5
Blutarsky
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Extended Spring Training?



What is extended spring training? | Indians Baseball Insider

I really don't know. I'm just guessing.
That makes sense.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #6
Blutarsky
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Another question

I don't know if it is best to continue here or start a new thread, but here goes.

I have noticed in my very limited play time that injuries in this game are massive. Not necessarily in frequency because I don't have enough time in the game to notice, but in seriousness or duration. Everything injury seems to be months in duration. Ex. 4 months for a concussion. Most injuries and recovery times are 3+ months. No one ever seems to be out 2 weeks with a sore groin, knee, elbow etc... It is always a huge duration.

Is this a matter of settings? I have followed the settings that were posted on reddit and at least seem to be generally accepted as a good starting point for new players.

Any suggestions or is this just the way the game is?
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,047
Thanks: 7,375
Thanked 3,030x in 1,859 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
I don't know if it is best to continue here or start a new thread, but here goes.

I have noticed in my very limited play time that injuries in this game are massive. Not necessarily in frequency because I don't have enough time in the game to notice, but in seriousness or duration. Everything injury seems to be months in duration. Ex. 4 months for a concussion. Most injuries and recovery times are 3+ months. No one ever seems to be out 2 weeks with a sore groin, knee, elbow etc... It is always a huge duration.

Is this a matter of settings? I have followed the settings that were posted on reddit and at least seem to be generally accepted as a good starting point for new players.

Any suggestions or is this just the way the game is?
I think that's a matter of confirmation bias over a limited sample size. I'll post pics of a pitcher that's been in my game for about 20 seasons now to show you what I mean. Also, remember that some guys do better than others with injuries (as in real life). Keep an eye on the bottom left corner where the injuries are listed (click on the pics to enlarge):
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #8
kq76
Global Moderator
 
kq76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 8,873
Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 937x in 527 posts
There has been a great deal of study on the frequency of injuries and when you listen to our experts on the topic they seem to feel OOTP is pretty accurate with regard to them. And if anything, OOTP is a little light on injuries. Some times weird things can happen, but in general people here have been pretty content with OOTP's frequency of injuries for awhile now. Unless I've missed something.

The thing is, over a real baseball season it doesn't feel like there are as many injuries because they're more spread out over time and a lot of the injuries in real life we don't really hear about. In OOTP you see every injury in a short amount of time and because you're so invested in your team it can hurt even more.

Yeah, injuries to your best or favourite players suck, but they're a part of the game. And if you really don't want them, just lower the rate down as low as you want. You can also, like I do, try to make sure your backups play enough to make sure your starters don't get too exhausted and increase the likelihood of injury. Personally, I'm happy with OOTP's injuries.
__________________
Support the one-and-done DH or the SP-only DH
(I think they're both better than both the AL and NL games)
and more flexible substitution rules.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (02-17-2016), Lukas Berger (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #9
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer
 
Honorable_Pawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 6,407
Thanks: 4,129
Thanked 3,899x in 2,140 posts
Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 1295
Size:  8.6 KB

ugh...never. The worst thing in the world--worse than a hangnail--is watching a pitcher bat in a MLB game.
__________________
PBA Quickstart for OOTP
Background Images Collection

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #10
kq76
Global Moderator
 
kq76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 8,873
Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 937x in 527 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Attachment 438687

ugh...never. The worst thing in the world--worse than a hangnail--is watching a pitcher bat in a MLB game.
Maybe you should read the link. Pitchers don't bat with the SP-only DH.

If you want to discuss the DH, there are plenty of threads on the Talk Sports board.
__________________
Support the one-and-done DH or the SP-only DH
(I think they're both better than both the AL and NL games)
and more flexible substitution rules.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #11
Blutarsky
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
There has been a great deal of study on the frequency of injuries and when you listen to our experts on the topic they seem to feel OOTP is pretty accurate with regard to them. And if anything, OOTP is a little light on injuries. Some times weird things can happen, but in general people here have been pretty content with OOTP's frequency of injuries for awhile now. Unless I've missed something.

The thing is, over a real baseball season it doesn't feel like there are as many injuries because they're more spread out over time and a lot of the injuries in real life we don't really hear about. In OOTP you see every injury in a short amount of time and because you're so invested in your team it can hurt even more.

Yeah, injuries to your best or favourite players suck, but they're a part of the game. And if you really don't want them, just lower the rate down as low as you want. You can also, like I do, try to make sure your backups play enough to make sure your starters don't get too exhausted and increase the likelihood of injury. Personally, I'm happy with OOTP's injuries.
Thanks, I want realism for sure. 4 months for a concussion seems more like a TBI than a concussion. I'll take the word of the vets here. I am not complaining, just asking questions.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #12
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,047
Thanks: 7,375
Thanked 3,030x in 1,859 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
Thanks, I want realism for sure. 4 months for a concussion seems more like a TBI than a concussion. I'll take the word of the vets here. I am not complaining, just asking questions.
Justin Morneau was out forever IRL. Aaron Hill had one that lasted a long time. Concussions are serious business, and might as well be referred to as Traumatic Brain Injuries because if you get too many of them, you might be looking at CTE, which is a whole different kettle of fish, and not just career threatening, but life threatening, at the very least threatening to the quality of the sufferer's life.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,891
Thanks: 18,763
Thanked 8,731x in 4,392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Extended Spring Training?



What is extended spring training? | Indians Baseball Insider

I really don't know. I'm just guessing.
Yeah, that's correct.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #14
Blutarsky
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Figure I'll ask another...

I appreciate all of the replies.

I have a logjam of serviceable players on the train between AAA and the bigs. I shop some of them for trade hoping to get a prospect for some of them who are just surplus. The AI (I have trading set to the most difficult setting) will offer an array of 30+ players, some of whom are good, but who may also have a terrible contract. Not unexpected. When I attempt to get only a prospect back, it is always rejected, the "you've got to be kidding" message. Even when I pick the lowliest, no talent, no potential scrub stuck in their lowest minors it is still rejected. I can ask for a 35th round draft pick...rejected.

Am I doing something wrong? Expecting something unrealistic? I'm not asking for the other teams best young players by any stretch.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #15
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,882
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,446
Thanked 3,696x in 2,095 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
That makes sense.
Blutarsky, pending an answer to your latest question, I'd like to revisit that answer for XST which I am stuck on. I looked into the injuries.txt file and found no reference to "XST" and the "Extended Spring Training" suggestion sounds far-fetched to me. I was wondering if anybody had another explanation or guess.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #16
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,047
Thanks: 7,375
Thanked 3,030x in 1,859 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Blutarsky, pending an answer to your latest question, I'd like to revisit that answer for XST which I am stuck on. I looked into the injuries.txt file and found no reference to "XST" and the "Extended Spring Training" suggestion sounds far-fetched to me. I was wondering if anybody had another explanation or guess.
If lukasberger says it's extended spring training, that's good enough for me.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 09:10 PM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,891
Thanks: 18,763
Thanked 8,731x in 4,392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Blutarsky, pending an answer to your latest question, I'd like to revisit that answer for XST which I am stuck on. I looked into the injuries.txt file and found no reference to "XST" and the "Extended Spring Training" suggestion sounds far-fetched to me. I was wondering if anybody had another explanation or guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
If lukasberger says it's extended spring training, that's good enough for me.
It really is extended spring training

You won't find it in the injuries file as it's simply a manual input we use with the quickstart rosters to keep guys who start the year off in xst and then go to the SS leagues from being called up to the full season leagues by the ai.

Keeps the rosters a teeny bit more realistic for a few months.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
TGH-Adfabre (02-18-2016)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments