Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

SUMMER SALE - OOTP and FHM are 50% off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,548
Thanks: 3,612
Thanked 7,257x in 3,585 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
Well, he already owns the current version of the game, so might as well. That's my logic.
If I thought something was evil, I would stay far away from it. I wouldn't support it by playing it and talking about it. That's just me though.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,926
Thanks: 18,803
Thanked 8,741x in 4,398 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If I thought something was evil, I would stay far away from it. I wouldn't support it by playing it and talking about it. That's just me though.
Exactly.

This is like claiming you're morally opposed to gambling, but going to a casino and playing with free chips that the casino is handing out as part of a promotion. Or being morally opposed to doing drugs, but using the drugs someone gives you, so long as you don't have to buy them yourself.

From the evidence, it seems there's a hidden agenda, which doesn't fit with the things that have been said.

If someone truly and honestly believed as strongly as has been claimed that this mode was somehow morally wrong, I can't imagine why they would be playing and commenting on the mode, even if most of the comments are somewhat negative.

Which is making me think we're getting very close to a trolling situation here and to someone who simply has an axe to grind, for whatever hidden reason. Which will definitely affect our reaction to future comments from this specific source.

Someone with an honest difference of opinion is one thing, even if they're being somewhat negative and critical of us or the game. We'll always be tolerant and respectful of that, at least to a reasonable degree.

Someone using our forums to attack us due to a hidden agenda, or simply for the sake of pointless negativity or trolling though, is an entirely different thing.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #23
Airdrop01
All Star Starter
 
Airdrop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lenexa, KS / Wilson, WY
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 704x in 361 posts
Wow.

Your boss specifically asked me to do this.
__________________

Last edited by Airdrop01; 11-05-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,926
Thanks: 18,803
Thanked 8,741x in 4,398 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Wow.

Your boss specifically asked me to do this.
You could have mentioned that in your initial post.

If I'm wrong or offensive, I certainly apologize but I don't think there's anything particularly offensive or overly harsh about my post. Certainly not compared to the things you've been saying for weeks now.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,548
Thanks: 3,612
Thanked 7,257x in 3,585 posts
I was kidding around with Airdrop, and it appears that I might have gone too far. I am sorry for this, and I hope Airdrop won't hold it against me. My statement was meant to be poking a little fun, and it was poorly executed.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Airdrop01 (11-05-2018), Cactusguy21 (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 08:18 PM   #26
Matty86
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 366
Thanks: 71
Thanked 43x in 27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
I'm guessing the person who bought the card was one of the sell out fans who used to attend the Tiger games that 'The Bird' was starting. About 20,000 for most games, in the 50,000 + range for The Bird. The guy was electric. His on the mound antics were something to see. And, he had the American League at his mercy. So, yeah, in a game with 'points' as the medium of purchase, I can see it.
I just bought a house a few months ago in the town The Bird was from. His family owns a diner in town, kinda cool!
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
SayHey1 (11-13-2018), stevem810 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #27
Michamer
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I bought a cheap Wage LeBlanc while he was being sold left and right cheap ….. he's been pitching like an all star for me and poo for others. I have a good defensive team. I think the makeup of your team as a whole cam make a random player an all star or bum
Michamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #28
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 99
Thanks: 63
Thanked 33x in 12 posts
Big stadium with great outfielders I would definitely take an extreme fly-ball pitcher.

Last edited by ThrownOutAtHome; 11-17-2018 at 02:13 PM.
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 99
Thanks: 63
Thanked 33x in 12 posts
El-Gringo. I like the way you think. You think of tons of variables. Also ever try scoring off an extreme fly-ball pitcher with the WIND gusting in and decent outfielders?

Last edited by ThrownOutAtHome; 11-17-2018 at 02:18 PM.
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
el_gringo (11-17-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #30
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)
 
el_gringo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 264
Thanks: 425
Thanked 181x in 95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post
El-Gringo. I like the way you think. You think of tons of variables. Also ever try scoring off an extreme fly-ball pitcher with the WIND gusting in and decent outfielders?
Thanks! I've been trying to focus on ground-ball pitchers, but I actually think with HRs turned down, wind turned up, and elite OF defense, fly-ball guys might be a better call... I'll have to experiment with that some.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #31
realstar
Minors (Single A)
 
realstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 81
Thanks: 81
Thanked 15x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Yeah. I won’t buy the product in the future because I disagree with the model and the ethics.

Yeah, what he said. (which should be allowed btw: it's called a forum, not a gestapo) On the other hand, I keep buying the product. Maybe because there isn't another game with the fantastic comprehensive statistics data base OOTP offers? I put up with some lousy algorithms---please get rid of this idea that scouts don't get basic things right, that any 10 year old would know---so I can get to this database. A lot of times, I don't even run sims. Just sit and ogle the huge amount of stats, which is way more fun (that word) than Baseball-Reference.com for obvious reasons: more interaction possibilities. Especially OOTP19 with the dark background. At night, a white background screws with my eyes & sometimes gives me a headache! LoL
__________________
"The use of defensive shifts has exploded in Major League Baseball -- a 440-percent increase just since 2010, according to Baseball Info Solutions. So increasingly, defenses are judged not just by their personnel but how that personnel is specifically deployed, pitch by pitch."
--Anthony Castrovince, Sports on Earth
realstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #32
chazzycat
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 694
Thanks: 197
Thanked 435x in 255 posts
That type of pitcher (very high stamina + good control) has value in generating points, because CG shutouts are worth a lot. Also, it helps rest the bullpen in those brutal 20+ consecutive game schedules. I like to have at least 1 guy like that in my rotation.

Last edited by chazzycat; 12-07-2018 at 04:46 PM.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #33
Camelsback
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Thanks: 13
Thanked 10x in 4 posts
Oops

Last edited by Camelsback; 01-22-2019 at 04:21 PM. Reason: WRONG THREAD
Camelsback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #34
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,548
Thanks: 3,612
Thanked 7,257x in 3,585 posts
Hey, Airdrop01... are you the owner of the St. James Thunder team... currently in Perfect Leagues with a .615 winning percentage, 5 playoff appearances, and 3 championships? Just curious if it was you or someone else using your forum name.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments