Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

SUMMER SALE - OOTP and FHM are 50% off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #41
Sweed
Hall Of Famer
 
Sweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,446
Thanks: 1,242
Thanked 1,621x in 628 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
yes, i set it 15-18. its not uncommon for players to play at age 19 (prior to the season starting) if i'm not paying attention.
I believe the "eligible to play" age of a player is as of Jan 1, 20xx not his age on the starting day of the season. IE a player that is 18 on Jan 1 and turns 19 on Feb. 1 will play in a HS league that opens on May 1 even though he has turned 19. Someone can correct me if this is wrong I think this is how it works.

This only comes up if you create players in an age range IE 14-18(like when filling a new feeder league with players). Some of the created 18yr olds will have birthdays between Jan1 and your HS season's start date. These guys will play. If you then change your player creation age to 14-14 so you only have incoming freshmen you shouldn't see it again.

If you leave creation at 14-18, like some do, you will always have a few of these players.

Of course this also applies to college leagues using the appropriate age settings.

Couldn't find it doing a search but I believe this explanation was posted in a past version's forum. Please correct me if this is wrong.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #42
Biggio509
All Star Starter
 
Biggio509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 61
Thanked 676x in 361 posts
I am not sure this correct for some reason all my HS players in 11 were 19 in the draft and the college players were 22 when drafted. So it was playing guys who were 18 on Jan. 1 but turned 19 sometime before the draft.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #43
boshk
All Star Reserve
 
boshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks: 163
Thanked 144x in 86 posts
i've never had a 19 year old get kicked out before or during the season--if they turned 19 say, between september and sometime during the season. at least that i have noticed.... so i wonder what the true cutoff date is for the game booting players. because a majority of my 18 year old's make it to the draft every year.

Last edited by boshk; 07-28-2011 at 11:55 AM.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #44
Biggio509
All Star Starter
 
Biggio509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 61
Thanked 676x in 361 posts
I am not sure but when I set player creation to only generate 15 y/o's they were all 19 in the draft.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #45
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Perhaps the wrong thread, but what the h...

Could someone make a thread with a similar guide on how to best start up Independent leagues. Severel ways to do this I think, with different results and hickups. Naturally I think itīs should reflect present historical players, not fictional.

What I know one could start a totally new Major League and set the financial to very low before adding players. Using the template setup

One could create minor leagues with no affiliations.

Probably 1-2 guys have come along way with testing and results like this great Feeder League guide.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #46
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,452
Thanks: 4,351
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Perhaps the wrong thread, but what the h...

Could someone make a thread with a similar guide on how to best start up Independent leagues. Severel ways to do this I think, with different results and hickups. Naturally I think itīs should reflect present historical players, not fictional.

What I know one could start a totally new Major League and set the financial to very low before adding players. Using the template setup

One could create minor leagues with no affiliations.

Probably 1-2 guys have come along way with testing and results like this great Feeder League guide.
Do a search (titles only) using the word independent. I'm sure I saw something recently including workaround ideas.
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #47
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Do a search (titles only) using the word independent. I'm sure I saw something recently including workaround ideas.
Yes, naturally I tried that. Came up with several 100% and lower threads, but I was hoping for something like this. All info gathered and ideas and experience from other players.
Independent leagues are negleted in OOTP, so all info can be useful.
I will add mine as soon as itīs possible
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #48
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,452
Thanks: 4,351
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Yes, naturally I tried that. Came up with several 100% and lower threads, but I was hoping for something like this. All info gathered and ideas and experience from other players.
Independent leagues are negleted in OOTP, so all info can be useful.
I will add mine as soon as itīs possible
Okay, this is the thread I was thinking of: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...k-arounds.html

The Dr. has done more work on independent leagues than any other member I can think of. I'll stop hijacking this thread now. Look for posts or threads started by him and I think you'll have your hands full or try to contact him through PM or post in one of his threads. He has a great feel for the world he wants to create.
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
clamel (08-02-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #49
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 457
Thanks: 322
Thanked 129x in 80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Make sure your league setup is using only feeder leagues and not feeder and additional players. I use the latter and find, IMO, that the 'additional' players add up to about the same number as the feeders, so that may be your situation. The setup slot is pictured below, FWIW.
Is this in 12? I can't find it.

Also, why isn't my high school feeder league generating new high schoolers?
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #50
boshk
All Star Reserve
 
boshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks: 163
Thanked 144x in 86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Is this in 12? I can't find it.

Also, why isn't my high school feeder league generating new high schoolers?
its under setup. rules and its named "draft feeding mode" in the draft rules.

do you have your age creators correct? if its set to 0 (in options under "player options" creation age min/max) or some other age other then the ages allowed in your HS roster rules, then they will go to the FA pool, or into the draft.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #51
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 457
Thanks: 322
Thanked 129x in 80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
its under setup. rules and its named "draft feeding mode" in the draft rules.

do you have your age creators correct? if its set to 0 (in options under "player options" creation age min/max) or some other age other then the ages allowed in your HS roster rules, then they will go to the FA pool, or into the draft.


Am I blind?

I have the player creation age for high school at 14, so it should work, but it isn't.


EDIT: It seems that feeder league guys are being drafted, but the majority seem to be generated I believe.

Last edited by polydamas; 08-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #52
GiantYankee
All Star Starter
 
GiantYankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,088
Thanks: 676
Thanked 235x in 172 posts
Are you guys finding that adding feeder leagues slows down the sim time significantly? I have run way too many simulations with many different setups. The main problem I find is when I include feeder leagues the sim time after the first season or two can double. What are you guys finding?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #53
boshk
All Star Reserve
 
boshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks: 163
Thanked 144x in 86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post


Am I blind?

I have the player creation age for high school at 14, so it should work, but it isn't.


EDIT: It seems that feeder league guys are being drafted, but the majority seem to be generated I believe.
ya, it supposed to be right under the draft pool reveal date.

i guess the only other things i can think of is that your game is messed up, or you dont have feeders correct?


what does your feeding league say?
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #54
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 457
Thanks: 322
Thanked 129x in 80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
ya, it supposed to be right under the draft pool reveal date.

i guess the only other things i can think of is that your game is messed up, or you dont have feeders correct?


what does your feeding league say?
Something must have gotten messed up, because it wasn't showing up as a feeder league at all

Time to delete and try again I guess, but thanks for your help
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #55
boshk
All Star Reserve
 
boshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks: 163
Thanked 144x in 86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Something must have gotten messed up, because it wasn't showing up as a feeder league at all

Time to delete and try again I guess, but thanks for your help
when you created it, did you go from your major league game setup settings, and click add minor league --> add high school feeder

boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
polydamas (08-03-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #56
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 457
Thanks: 322
Thanked 129x in 80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
when you created it, did you go from your major league game setup settings, and click add minor league --> add high school feeder

He he he oops
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
endgame (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #57
boshk
All Star Reserve
 
boshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks: 163
Thanked 144x in 86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
He he he oops
unfortunately you cant just make a high school or college league and it feeds it takes away alot of settings for the league you want as your feeder.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #58
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 457
Thanks: 322
Thanked 129x in 80 posts
Another problem that I am seeing is that most high school players don't go to college.

I have 126 high school teams and 50 college teams, yet nearly all college players didn't play in my high school feeder.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #59
luger
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 221
Thanks: 50
Thanked 59x in 38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Another problem that I am seeing is that most high school players don't go to college.

I have 126 high school teams and 50 college teams, yet nearly all college players didn't play in my high school feeder.
This may have to do with your age requirements for the college feeder league. I have seen many prospects who played 4 years of HS and 4 years of College but you want to make sure your those that are leaving High School have an age that fits into the min/max age of your College league.

As per the original post:
Quote:
Q: Do players go from high school to college?
A: Yes and no. High school leagues do not act as feeders for college. So players do not always go from HS to college. Undrafted HS players will go to college until their age reaches the age limit and drafted but unsigned players will go to college
luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #60
boshk
All Star Reserve
 
boshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks: 163
Thanked 144x in 86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Another problem that I am seeing is that most high school players don't go to college.

I have 126 high school teams and 50 college teams, yet nearly all college players didn't play in my high school feeder.
generally, i have not seen high school players go to college, unless a team fails to sign them after getting drafted. thats how it should work though, most players in HS should feed into college, and the good ones should head to the draft.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
PSUColonel (11-03-2011)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments