Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

SUMMER SALE - OOTP and FHM are 50% off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #1
bbgods
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 93
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9x in 5 posts
Defensive experience

Three suggestions:

1) All players with 200 experience at SS should automatically get 100 experience minimum at 2B and 3B.

2) All players with 200 CF experience should automatically get 150 experience in LF and RF.

3) Please allow manager to type in the experience number when editing defense, rather than just using the arrows. Very time-consuming.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 428
Thanks: 102
Thanked 125x in 98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgods View Post
Three suggestions:

1) All players with 200 experience at SS should automatically get 100 experience minimum at 2B and 3B.

2) All players with 200 CF experience should automatically get 150 experience in LF and RF.

3) Please allow manager to type in the experience number when editing defense, rather than just using the arrows. Very time-consuming.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I don't agree, in fact I think generated rookies come in with too much experience at different positions.

I would rather a player just be able to learn a new position a bit faster when playing games there (since we don't have a minor league system to train players at other positions)
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
Edster007
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 515
Thanks: 264
Thanked 228x in 157 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I don't agree, in fact I think generated rookies come in with too much experience at different positions.

I would rather a player just be able to learn a new position a bit faster when playing games there (since we don't have a minor league system to train players at other positions)


I agree with the disagreement. It would also affect their overall rating raising it and that will lead to higher salary demands and throw off financials.

I do agree with the editor comment. Would love to be able to type a number in. I do adjust defense in historical if a player is rated only at a position that didnt end up being his primary position in the majors and moving the little arrows is time consuming


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
bbgods
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 93
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9x in 5 posts
Thanks for the feedback edster and wodi. I was not referring to rookies specifically. Just tired of seeing the AI put a good CF in LF and he has a defensive rating of 5.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
bbgods
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 93
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9x in 5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgods View Post
Thanks for the feedback edster and wodi. I was not referring to rookies specifically. Just tired of seeing the AI put a good CF in LF and he has a defensive rating of 5.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I use the 1-100 scale, by the way.

The problem is really more with how the AI assigns players to positions. The team I am playing against always ends up with alignments that are way worse than they would be if people were in appropriate positions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments