Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

World Series Special: OOTP Baseball 18 Now 66% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - New to the Game?

OOTP 18 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Is a change from DSL to AZL a promotion?

They are both rookie leagues. If a player has enough time and good performance in the DSL rookie league, is the next step to promote A- or AZL? Is the AZL rookie league a step up in league level competition?
Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 924x in 756 posts
all rookie levels are the same as far as that goes...

the only "different" levels are in teh dropdown box in league structure.. eg there's a winter league level now.

if i am mistken that both are "rookie" levels, use common sense to adjust waht i said.

so, no matter how you label it, or ootp labels it in the templates, there is no difference between A and "High" A in the game. short A does exist as a different tier, however.

OH, when you right click a players -> context menu -> transaction -> it says "Send to" if equivalent level and "Promote" and "Demote" as you would expect.

Promote as they develop.. if not sure what 'should be' in that league, go check an AI roster and click "ask AI to setup minors" before you do. (available actions dropdown on Rosters and Transaction screen) anyway, should be able to see multiple levels and the 'basics' about their ratings at each level. i also have a rough guide posted here

Last edited by NoOne; 09-05-2017 at 10:34 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
ArcAngel
All Star Reserve

Thanked 240x in 170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
eg there's a winter league level now.
Except that it's not functional and will be taken out of 19.

If you set up a new dynasty, winter leagues are no longer an option.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
Dr. P.R. Park III
Tech Support

Thanked 233x in 102 posts
Winter leagues cosmetically were removed in 18 and replaced mechanically with tournaments.

There is an option to specify "Winter League" in the tournament options in addition to the ability to customize league level and abbreviation. I don't see tournaments disappearing as quickly as they appeared in OOTP 19...

To answer the original question, typically any decent DSL / VSL prospect will be promoted to AZL around 18-19 years old for more enhanced and consistent baseball instruction and playing time.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #5
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Thanked 35x in 28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Winter leagues cosmetically were removed in 18 and replaced mechanically with tournaments.

There is an option to specify "Winter League" in the tournament options in addition to the ability to customize league level and abbreviation. I don't see tournaments disappearing as quickly as they appeared in OOTP 19...

To answer the original question, typically any decent DSL / VSL prospect will be promoted to AZL around 18-19 years old for more enhanced and consistent baseball instruction and playing time.
How do i allow my rookies to take part in the winter tournament? If i use standard game.. If rookie season ends sat September and u play tournament in November December still gives them time to relax before spring training in Feb/march
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
ohiodevil
All Star Starter

Thanked 326x in 215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
How do i allow my rookies to take part in the winter tournament? If i use standard game.. If rookie season ends sat September and u play tournament in November December still gives them time to relax before spring training in Feb/march
You would have to go in and add the Arizona Fall League in the tournament section. You do not get to choose which players that go unless you are in control of the Fall League team and some players will reject the invitation to go. Also, the default for the AFL is players that were in AAA-AA, you would have to go in and edit what levels the players come from if you want lower minor leaguers to go.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote