Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #61
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve
 
Hammercraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 658
Thanks: 642
Thanked 812x in 323 posts
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
Gil Thorp (10-08-2018), Laque11 (10-09-2018), Rizzo (10-08-2018), stiffy (11-05-2018), Zeppelin462 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #62
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer
 
Painmantle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greenfield ,IN
Posts: 2,972
Thanks: 604
Thanked 2,156x in 1,744 posts
I own FOF and OOTP and I play exclusively MP, BUT I will purchase whatever is produced because it is pretty obvious that MP will be in the game at some point and I want to support this development.

note: I'm not the least bit interested in Hockey but I have a few versions of FHM that I've never played
__________________
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Andreas Raht (10-13-2018), Déjà Bru (10-24-2018), james17 (10-13-2018), Rosco Peabody (10-14-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #63
jimbob2232
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6x in 1 post
I know this isn’t a college game at this point, but I have to assume that if this rollout is successful (and I’m sure it will be) that a college game will follow at some point in the future.

When that does eventually happen, what I would like to see is a single point of entry for both the college and pro games. Kinda like an “in-app upgrade”. Online leagues could then run both college and pro leagues (perhaps with diffferent commissioners) and the players would roll seemleasly from one to the other. I think this would be preferential to 2 separate stand alone games, and would greatly improve Immersion as you would see college players from a hs recruit all the way through their HOF induction.

Just thought I’d throw that idea out there in case it effects any of the thinking on the game design.

Thanks for exertthing! can’t wait to play (especially MP!)
jimbob2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
AlexB (10-14-2018), Laser (10-18-2018), NolaSola7 (10-20-2018), Rizzo (10-13-2018), Vask (10-14-2018), wilkiburger14 (11-09-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #64
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 905
Thanks: 300
Thanked 329x in 207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
note: I'm not the least bit interested in Hockey but I have a few versions of FHM that I've never played
Ditto
__________________
.



Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Painmantle (10-14-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #65
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 334
Thanked 138x in 111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob2232 View Post
I know this isn’t a college game at this point, but I have to assume that if this rollout is successful (and I’m sure it will be) that a college game will follow at some point in the future.

When that does eventually happen, what I would like to see is a single point of entry for both the college and pro games. Kinda like an “in-app upgrade”. Online leagues could then run both college and pro leagues (perhaps with diffferent commissioners) and the players would roll seemleasly from one to the other. I think this would be preferential to 2 separate stand alone games, and would greatly improve Immersion as you would see college players from a hs recruit all the way through their HOF induction.

Just thought I’d throw that idea out there in case it effects any of the thinking on the game design.

Thanks for exertthing! can’t wait to play (especially MP!)



would be outstanding to have a cfb game produced by the talent and vision of ootp producers
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Marinersfan51 (10-24-2018), Rizzo (10-23-2018), Zeppelin462 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #66
OrbisEuler
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 10
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
I understand that the College game is different but would it be possible to add a college league that runs exactly the same as the NFL, game wise, but operates as the college league? Similar to how in OOTP 19 you can just "add" a college league that runs on the same engine and exists in the same game.
OrbisEuler is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Rizzo (10-23-2018), wilkiburger14 (11-09-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #67
Spiff
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2x in 1 post
If the release is still a few months away, maybe we could get some in-game screenshots while we wait? That said, I don’t care, take my money already.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
OrbisEuler (10-24-2018), Rizzo (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #68
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,570
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 3,539x in 2,006 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
note: I'm not the least bit interested in Hockey but I have a few versions of FHM that I've never played
Hah! Same here. Made me chuckle.

[But I do intend to remedy that situation someday soon.]
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:39 PM   #69
OrbisEuler
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 10
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
If the release is still a few months away, maybe we could get some in-game screenshots while we wait? That said, I don’t care, take my money already.
Couldn't agree more. I actively hate pre-orders but this is the exception. I don't care. I just wanna spend money on it already.
OrbisEuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zeppelin462 (11-01-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #70
cdcool
Minors (Single A)
 
cdcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago/New York City
Posts: 54
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5x in 4 posts
Can't wait!!

Great news all the way around!
cdcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:47 AM   #71
Sir Chives
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
I would love it if at some point you guys could get down all the way to the high school level.
-Players stick around only 4 years
-Every year a new batch of freshmen are randomly generated (no recruiting obviously) (Maybe have a middle school feeder program to increase the quality of your Freshman)
-Crosstown Rivalry games.
-State Finals
-Obviously the teams would all have to be custom like in OOTP

God I would pay anything for a game that had the ability to create High school leagues
Sir Chives is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NolaSola7 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #72
gaseous clay
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chives View Post
I would love it if at some point you guys could get down all the way to the high school level.
-Players stick around only 4 years
-Every year a new batch of freshmen are randomly generated (no recruiting obviously) (Maybe have a middle school feeder program to increase the quality of your Freshman)
-Crosstown Rivalry games.
-State Finals
-Obviously the teams would all have to be custom like in OOTP

God I would pay anything for a game that had the ability to create High school leagues
FOF: The Pop Warner Years
gaseous clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
el.jay (11-03-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #73
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 334
Thanked 138x in 111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chives View Post
I would love it if at some point you guys could get down all the way to the high school level.
-Players stick around only 4 years
-Every year a new batch of freshmen are randomly generated (no recruiting obviously) (Maybe have a middle school feeder program to increase the quality of your Freshman)
-Crosstown Rivalry games.
-State Finals
-Obviously the teams would all have to be custom like in OOTP

God I would pay anything for a game that had the ability to create High school leagues


On one hand, it would be not much of 'manager' game as much as a coach game ..


But imagine! A game where you are a University Athletic director or HS AD .... hmmmm... controling budgets and athletic program .... and more choice to get close to different sports (if you have interest in influencing the sport .. ala OOTP manager/coach options ) ...


never thought about that! before!
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #74
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, Massachusetts
Posts: 3,667
Thanks: 248
Thanked 1,379x in 877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chives View Post
I would love it if at some point you guys could get down all the way to the high school level.
-Players stick around only 4 years
-Every year a new batch of freshmen are randomly generated (no recruiting obviously) (Maybe have a middle school feeder program to increase the quality of your Freshman)
-Crosstown Rivalry games.
-State Finals
-Obviously the teams would all have to be custom like in OOTP

God I would pay anything for a game that had the ability to create High school leagues
That would involve modeling NFHS rules differences, which may be a pain. NCAA rules are bad enough.
__________________
The "turn off league evolution" guy. Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #75
Jerry Helper
Minors (Triple A)
 
Jerry Helper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 283
Thanks: 257
Thanked 200x in 109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
On one hand, it would be not much of 'manager' game as much as a coach game ..


But imagine! A game where you are a University Athletic director or HS AD .... hmmmm... controling budgets and athletic program .... and more choice to get close to different sports (if you have interest in influencing the sport .. ala OOTP manager/coach options ) ...


never thought about that! before!
I would love this!
Jerry Helper is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments