Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
daves
All Star Starter
 
daves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 1,001
Thanked 420x in 300 posts
Spring training lineups

Is it important to have starters in spring training or just start your minor league players or bench players? Will it affect anything?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
1st 4-peat team in PT history 1.0

Righty Power hitting team

Lefty Custom
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 428
Thanks: 102
Thanked 125x in 98 posts
There is no spring training
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
daves (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
daves
All Star Starter
 
daves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 1,001
Thanked 420x in 300 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
There is no spring training
There is an off season that starts in February and the rosters expand to 40.. I was not sure if the off season lineups did anything?

From your answer, I guess not!
__________________
1st 4-peat team in PT history 1.0

Righty Power hitting team

Lefty Custom

Last edited by daves; 05-07-2017 at 05:33 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 428
Thanks: 102
Thanked 125x in 98 posts
Rosters at 40 are just left over from last season from teams that don't make the playoffs..... I believe....

Either way, no spring training
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #5
Lex Logan
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Rosters at 40 are just left over from last season from teams that don't make the playoffs..... I believe....

Either way, no spring training
No, in MLBM 2015 at least the roster definitely expands to 40 early in February and then drop back at the first game in April. If you bring players up in the spring, it affects your budget for the entire year as they cost over half a million even after being demoted back to the minors.

Player ratings sometimes change during spring training but I've never been able to tell that this was more likely if they were on the ML roster.
Lex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 428
Thanks: 102
Thanked 125x in 98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Logan View Post
No, in MLBM 2015 at least the roster definitely expands to 40 early in February and then drop back at the first game in April. If you bring players up in the spring, it affects your budget for the entire year as they cost over half a million even after being demoted back to the minors.



Player ratings sometimes change during spring training but I've never been able to tell that this was more likely if they were on the ML roster.


Are you sure it's not just teams that didn't make the playoffs leftover from the season with expanded rosters?

I'm not at a point in my season where I can check this, but I was under the impression that if you made the playoffs you were locked at 25 during the offseason, though maybe I am incorrect.....
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
daves
All Star Starter
 
daves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 1,001
Thanked 420x in 300 posts
Spring training lineups

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Are you sure it's not just teams that didn't make the playoffs leftover from the season with expanded rosters?

I'm not at a point in my season where I can check this, but I was under the impression that if you made the playoffs you were locked at 25 during the offseason, though maybe I am incorrect.....


Roster goes to 40 in off season after the playoffs are over and off season begins



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
1st 4-peat team in PT history 1.0

Righty Power hitting team

Lefty Custom

Last edited by daves; 05-08-2017 at 06:30 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
Lex Logan
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Are you sure it's not just teams that didn't make the playoffs leftover from the season with expanded rosters?

I'm not at a point in my season where I can check this, but I was under the impression that if you made the playoffs you were locked at 25 during the offseason, though maybe I am incorrect.....
Again, I'm playing 2015, but I can and have gone above 25 players in spring training on playoff teams. No team can add players beyond 25 until the beginning of spring training; I've had to leave players on the disabled list if I did not want to demote ther replacements until I decide on my final roster before the first game in April. Non-playoff teams aren't forced down to 25, but can't add anyone until rosters expand in February.
Lex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 428
Thanks: 102
Thanked 125x in 98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Logan View Post
Again, I'm playing 2015, but I can and have gone above 25 players in spring training on playoff teams. No team can add players beyond 25 until the beginning of spring training; I've had to leave players on the disabled list if I did not want to demote ther replacements until I decide on my final roster before the first game in April. Non-playoff teams aren't forced down to 25, but can't add anyone until rosters expand in February.


Thanks for the confirmation
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments