Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Coming soon: Collection Missions

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 334
Thanked 139x in 112 posts
? from Longtime OOTP guy looking to FHM15

Hello all,

I am doing a lot of reading about FHM 14, it seems OOTP has given a high standard and the producers have a hard time out doing their own work.

I suspect with a late release (after start of NHL season) 15 will be a good one.

I am very tempted to purchase 14 at half price but will hold out for 15, but I might lose complete interest in hockey by Feb when hopes of spring comes to rise.

QUESTIONS

IN the current released version, can you have two leagues as the traditional MLB once had without interleague play, with a championship game between the winners?

Can someone break down the structure? I am looking to make a 8 team leagueA and a 8 team leagueB without interleague play and a Championship game.

Is this possible?
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
No.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NolaSola7 (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 543
Thanked 544x in 306 posts
There isnèt a lot of manipulating you can do in this game sadly but this is something that will be coming I am sure. As far as buying this current game or waiting for the next one, I would wait if I were you. This game is a shell basically, no offense to anyone but it is a solid first attempt.

The new game looks a lot better, will have the new game engine so it should be a better game with better results.

Personally, I would hold off
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
AlpineSK (12-01-2014), NolaSola7 (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 334
Thanked 139x in 112 posts
In reading up on the game,

Isn't it true that one can no longer edit players/ratings? Seems I saw that somewhere, but now I am in doubt where that was.

If that is the case, I suppose I have no reason to buy 14........

Otherwise, I could establish a league structure and begin adjusting the line-ups and talent .... and transfer it into 15 when it comes out ....
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
In reading up on the game,

Isn't it true that one can no longer edit players/ratings? Seems I saw that somewhere, but now I am in doubt where that was.

If that is the case, I suppose I have no reason to buy 14........

Otherwise, I could establish a league structure and begin adjusting the line-ups and talent .... and transfer it into 15 when it comes out ....
It looks like 15's fictional league engine is a little more robust and similar to a game-that-shall-not-be-named
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NolaSola7 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 63
Thanks: 5
Thanked 51x in 31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
It looks like 15's fictional league engine is a little more robust and similar to a game-that-shall-not-be-named
I agree. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's Death Eater Management 2014 certainly did have a strong fictional component.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
AlpineSK (12-01-2014), NolaSola7 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
It looks like 15's fictional league engine is a little more robust and similar to a game-that-shall-not-be-named
Not sure what you are talking about but when resding the Road to release article it is absolutley clear what options will be availabe in 2015.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 AM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Not sure what you are talking about but when resding the Road to release article it is absolutley clear what options will be availabe in 2015.
You are correct. What I am talking about is the current setup system for fictional leagues appears to be very similar to the way that OOTP's setup works. For someone who is an OOTP player as the OP appears to be, that will probably be looked upon as a favorable thing.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #9
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 334
Thanked 139x in 112 posts
Likeness to OOTP is very much to my personal liking...

And to go back to the 8 & 8 setup, Structure can easily be acceptable .. not having the capability to divide the two with a postseason championship bout ...

Facegens are very much a big deal for custom leagues..... like OOTP

So Alpine is right, OOTP is a positive reference.
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
AlpineSK (12-03-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Likeness to OOTP is very much to my personal liking...

And to go back to the 8 & 8 setup, Structure can easily be acceptable .. not having the capability to divide the two with a postseason championship bout ...

Facegens are very much a big deal for custom leagues..... like OOTP

So Alpine is right, OOTP is a positive reference.
But it is a dangerous reference as FHM is much lighter in options and possible settings (due to be version 1) and has no FaceGen. I just want to make clear, that you are not disappointed!
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NolaSola7 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Likeness to OOTP is very much to my personal liking...

And to go back to the 8 & 8 setup, Structure can easily be acceptable .. not having the capability to divide the two with a postseason championship bout ...

Facegens are very much a big deal for custom leagues..... like OOTP

So Alpine is right, OOTP is a positive reference.
Its difficult to mention the game by name because its immediately shot down as being "nothing like OOTP" on here and on Facebook particularly. We KNOW its a different game. But that's why I referred to it how I did in a tongue in cheek manner.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Its difficult to mention the game by name because its immediately shot down as being "nothing like OOTP" on here and on Facebook particularly. We KNOW its a different game. But that's why I referred to it how I did in a tongue in cheek manner.
And still you can't stop posting here about it.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Duranium (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #13
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
And still you can't stop posting here about it.
He asked a question as an OOTP user, and I tried to answer it as an OOTP user would understand it as in, "based on the screen shots the mechanism for creating a fictional league in FHM15 is similar to that of OOTP."

And I said +1 for you.. Good job. I'm not going to turn this into taking shots so again, GOOD JOB.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 12-02-2014 at 10:08 AM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IvanIvanovich (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
dmytron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
An example for Canadians: every next project of Brent Butt will be compared to "Corner Gas", even if it will be nothing like it. Even if Brent will ask them to stop comparing, it won't work. Just because everyone likes Corner Gas and expects the same next time.
(I love the series, by the way)

FHM won't be the same as OOTP, for one reason, because it is programmed by the different people. But nobody will understand that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 503
Thanked 651x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
An example for Canadians: every next project of Brent Butt will be compared to "Corner Gas", even if it will be nothing like it. Even if Brent will ask them to stop comparing, it won't work. Just because everyone likes Corner Gas and expects the same next time.
(I love the series, by the way)

FHM won't be the same as OOTP, for one reason, because it is programmed by the different people. But nobody will understand that.
I never even knew there was original Canadian programming lol....

As for the OOTP to FHM comparison you're right but when explaining mechanisms within the game, as they are displayed, when someone asks a question from a stated OOTP background and it can be explained as such, then that translates well. Much like the frequent comparisons to EHM.. programmed by a different company all together, but draws comparison because they are the same sport.

Personally, I was just trying to answer a question for the OP based on what I saw from the screen shots which are, again, VERY promising.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IvanIvanovich (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #16
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 334
Thanked 139x in 112 posts
No facegens for 15?

Facegens not actually so important, I like seeing the unies / colors in the player profile.

If faces are too complicated, is there not the possibility of changing the colors of the picture to the team colors?

Its just a small delight, but one that helps make the experience I think.... seeing a player and knowing to what team/club they belong instantly

Thanks
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
No facegens for 15?

Facegens not actually so important, I like seeing the unies / colors in the player profile.

If faces are too complicated, is there not the possibility of changing the colors of the picture to the team colors?

Its just a small delight, but one that helps make the experience I think.... seeing a player and knowing to what team/club they belong instantly

Thanks
No FaceGen in the 2014 version. FHM 2015 will have FaceGen. Sorry for the confusion.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Big T (12-03-2014), ChiefWahoo (12-02-2014), NolaSola7 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,993
Thanks: 361
Thanked 7,127x in 1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I never even knew there was original Canadian programming lol....

As for the OOTP to FHM comparison you're right but when explaining mechanisms within the game, as they are displayed, when someone asks a question from a stated OOTP background and it can be explained as such, then that translates well. Much like the frequent comparisons to EHM.. programmed by a different company all together, but draws comparison because they are the same sport.

Personally, I was just trying to answer a question for the OP based on what I saw from the screen shots which are, again, VERY promising.
Sorry AlpineSK, I got you totally wrong!
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IvanIvanovich (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #19
NolaSola7
All Star Starter
 
NolaSola7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 334
Thanked 139x in 112 posts
From what I knwo of the game.. if it has facegens/team specific player cards ... I am a sure buyer, Thanks for the help/info
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #20
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 282
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122x in 67 posts
While I know facegen doesn't make the game "play" any better... it still is a big deal to me. I am glad FHM 2015 is going to have it.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments