Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Offseason Discount: OOTP Baseball 18 is 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #81
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 711x in 403 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I used to love Madden. Wasted a lot of hours on it. But I loved the NCAA football franchise more. When they discontinued it, I lost interest.

As a European the NCAA sports system is insane to me.
I loved the games too but I can understand the legal minefield that surrounds the games.

If it was not for the sale I don't think I would like Madden this much. But with only 16 games per season and games taking about 50-60 minutes to complete I find that I can progress at a good pace and see my franchise change and evolve without having to dump a lot of hours into the game.
When I can get the game for less than $35 USD it makes it even better for a sport that I follow and can talk about but am not terribly interested in.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #82
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 461x in 322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
As a European the NCAA sports system is insane to me.
I loved the games too but I can understand the legal minefield that surrounds the games.

If it was not for the sale I don't think I would like Madden this much. But with only 16 games per season and games taking about 50-60 minutes to complete I find that I can progress at a good pace and see my franchise change and evolve without having to dump a lot of hours into the game.
When I can get the game for less than $35 USD it makes it even better for a sport that I follow and can talk about but am not terribly interested in.
The more that football (soccer) gets deeper into corruption and total boredom the more I find myself gravitating towards football, baseball, hockey and to a lesser extent basketball. Saying that though I have been watching the NFL both on TV and live games for 35 years and MLB games since the mid 90s and Notre Dame games when the NBC Super Channel was running over here but before any of the TV stuff it was the armed forces radio, those were the day’s broadcasts full of static if you could actually find the station then the broadcast would go 49ers at their 20 Montana drops back crackle, crackle 49ers at midfield 2nd and 4 man those were the days.

Football (soccer) as a kid used to give me all my thrills sporting wise, going to live games when I was 6 then going to away games and such with friends when I was older. All that’s been replaced by the NFL and MLB, going to London meeting friends I haven’t seen since the previous years NFL games, meeting people from all over Europe. Then there’s the MLB watching games all night then going to work on about 3 hours sleep, or worse the crazy 2005 WS game 3 when I got home from work watched the White Sox beat the Astros in 14 then went straight back to work without any sleep.

The NCAA is a crazy system in my eyes as well but I just watch the games for what they are, being a Notre Dame fan since the days of the Rocket I know that sometimes we’re ranked because of the name not the talent, like this year there was no way we were ever a top 4 team but I still love college football but miss the armed forces radio days.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #83
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Thanked 215x in 157 posts
The college system is insane because of sooooo many things.

1.The people in control are morally corrupt. A billion dollar industry in which the most important employees are free labor.

2. While the college presidents are in control of the game nationally, they aren't really in control locally of the big time programs. It's the boosters.

3. The free labor is willing to be exploited because it is the only way to enter the NFL. And the NFL isn't about to start assuming the costs and risks of finding & developing unproven talent when someone else is willing to do it for them.

4. The more you repeat a lie the more it begins to appear true. When intercollegiate sports started in the 1800's, being a professional athlete was considered demeaning & wasn't a lucrative career choice. Amateurism was considered the purist's course of action. People continue to think that somehow students gaining anything besides an education is morally corrupt.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #84
Balustrade
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Is there going to be any post on the playoff weeks? Would love to read your opinions there.
Balustrade is offline   Reply With Quote