Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
ficticious owners and personell in historical game

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but now I can't make a historical Indians franchise from 2012 or 2013 that has either Larry Dolan as the owner, or the right coaches (Manny Acta and Terry Francona ). Instead the game is generating fictitional owner and personnel, while the rosters still seem to be totally accurate. I had correctly created these franchises before with accurate rosters/personnel/players, but now it won't work and I'm stumped. I didn't think I had changed anything from the first attempts. Any ideas?
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but now I can't make a historical Indians franchise from 2012 or 2013 that has either Larry Dolan as the owner, or the right coaches (Manny Acta and Terry Francona ). Instead the game is generating fictitional owner and personnel, while the rosters still seem to be totally accurate. I had correctly created these franchises before with accurate rosters/personnel/players, but now it won't work and I'm stumped. I didn't think I had changed anything from the first attempts. Any ideas?
Normally the Manager will be real the rest are fictional. Historical league - whatever year - should be good to go. Are you using a custom DB? Have you edited your coaches file? uninstall - reinstall, normally i hate recommending that, but It should fix it, unless it is another bug on 14.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Normally the Manager will be real the rest are fictional. Historical league - whatever year - should be good to go. Are you using a custom DB? Have you edited your coaches file? uninstall - reinstall, normally i hate recommending that, but It should fix it, unless it is another bug on 14.
No
I'm not doing anything special like editing or using databases other than what's included I guess. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it's still doing the same thing- historically accurate roster, totally made up staff and owner. I also hoped the reinstall would stop the 'automatic autosave' problem I'm having as well. It won't let me save a place in the game and then go back to it. It just auto saves at whatever spot I'm at and overwrites everything even though I have it set to autosave once per year. Seems I remember ootp13 having a "never" option on autosave but I don't see one here on 2014. So I have no way to go back to a prior save when I, for example, fastforward through the first couple weeks of free agency. I'm just stuck with a ruined game that I put a bunch of hours into and I have to start over. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Please tell me there is something I'm overlooking in the setup options.
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
No
I'm not doing anything special like editing or using databases other than what's included I guess. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it's still doing the same thing- historically accurate roster, totally made up staff and owner. I also hoped the reinstall would stop the 'automatic autosave' problem I'm having as well. It won't let me save a place in the game and then go back to it. It just auto saves at whatever spot I'm at and overwrites everything even though I have it set to autosave once per year. Seems I remember ootp13 having a "never" option on autosave but I don't see one here on 2014. So I have no way to go back to a prior save when I, for example, fastforward through the first couple weeks of free agency. I'm just stuck with a ruined game that I put a bunch of hours into and I have to start over. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Please tell me there is something I'm overlooking in the setup options.
The last part for the save when you exit it saves to that point. If you start the game sime for 2 weeks and want tp go back to the last save/time you started the game up you have to do a crtl-alt -delete. I just got 14 so i will test it tonight. What year were you trying to do?
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
CatKnight
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,199
Thanks: 230
Thanked 460x in 340 posts
In a historical season the owner will NOT be right, nor will any of the personnel except the (field) manager. That should be right. I haven't had any problems with it.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
The last part for the save when you exit it saves to that point. If you start the game sime for 2 weeks and want tp go back to the last save/time you started the game up you have to do a crtl-alt -delete. I just got 14 so i will test it tonight. What year were you trying to do?
I was trying to do Cleveland Indians 2012. I can't figure out what you mean be doing a control alt delete to go to a prior save. First of all, I can't exit the game without it doing a save on it's own. When I hit ctl alt del I get the window from my computer that just gives me the option to shut ootp off by hitting "end process"-I think that's not what you meant so maybe you could be more specific?
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
I was trying to do Cleveland Indians 2012. I can't figure out what you mean be doing a control alt delete to go to a prior save. First of all, I can't exit the game without it doing a save on it's own. When I hit ctl alt del I get the window from my computer that just gives me the option to shut ootp off by hitting "end process"-I think that's not what you meant so maybe you could be more specific?
No that is what I meant. They only other way to go back in time is make many backups and then restore the game from the backup. i'll create a 2012 historical game in a minute.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
In a historical season the owner will NOT be right, nor will any of the personnel except the (field) manager. That should be right. I haven't had any problems with it.
In my case the manager was fictitious as well, just not the roster. Real 2012 Indians manager: Manny Acta.
Do you get the real owner?
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
I was trying to do Cleveland Indians 2012. I can't figure out what you mean be doing a control alt delete to go to a prior save. First of all, I can't exit the game without it doing a save on it's own. When I hit ctl alt del I get the window from my computer that just gives me the option to shut ootp off by hitting "end process"-I think that's not what you meant so maybe you could be more specific?
when I hit ctl alt del "end process" ootp brings up a window saying "do you really want to leave?" or something, so I have to click yes, and then it executes a save and disappears. When I bring it back it's on the latest possible day again. so ctl alt delete is the same as if I clicked the x on the program normally.
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
In my case the manager was fictitious as well, just not the roster. Real 2012 Indians manager: Manny Acta.
Do you get the real owner?
You have the real 2012 manager or not? As i said in an earlier post. In a historical game not counting the quickstart the only personal that will be real will be the manager. If i start in 1983 for the Sox I will have Tony Larussa, 200 Jerry Manual 2005 Ozzie. I wont have Gene Lamont as BC or Don Cooper as PC or Baines as HC. So what do you have? GM (for the AI teams) & owner are fictional.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You have the real 2012 manager or not? As i said in an earlier post. In a historical game not counting the quickstart the only personal that will be real will be the manager. If i start in 1983 for the Sox I will have Tony Larussa, 200 Jerry Manual 2005 Ozzie. I wont have Gene Lamont as BC or Don Cooper as PC or Baines as HC. So what do you have? GM (for the AI teams) & owner are fictional.
I just ran one a minute ago with the 2012 Indians and got "Wynn Gardener" as the manager. I get a different one every time, but never Manny Acta. Again, as far as I can tell, the roster is complete and accurate.
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
I am getting the same thing. Well that sucks. 13 has it right how did they miss this on 14?
Attached Images
Image Image 
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
2 suggestions. Start a historical game on 13 and convert it or turn Manny Acta into a coach, think he was a former ML player.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
2 suggestions. Start a historical game on 13 and convert it or turn Manny Acta into a coach, think he was a former ML player.
Thanks, I'll try that. Meanwhile my much bigger problem is this permanent auto-save thing. I'm literally playing with absolutely no rewind option. It's very difficult. Maybe I'm overlooking something when I set up?
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
Thanks, I'll try that. Meanwhile my much bigger problem is this permanent auto-save thing. I'm literally playing with absolutely no rewind option. It's very difficult. Maybe I'm overlooking something when I set up?
There is no rewind option unless you make frequent backups. If I play from January 1st to November 1st and I just lost the World Series and i want to change that I can not unless i do a ctrl-alt delete end program.
You can set it up so it autosaves every January 1st (default), monthly, weekly, daily. But there is no way to go back int time without a backup.
i had an issue on 13 where rookies from all years 2005 - 2011 imported after the MLB season ended. I had a backup for OD of 2004. That was the only way to go back and replay the 2004 season and see if the problem fixed itself, which it did. So either i am not understanding what you are trying to do or something.
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #16
Akiba
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
There is no rewind option unless you make frequent backups. If I play from January 1st to November 1st and I just lost the World Series and i want to change that I can not unless i do a ctrl-alt delete end program.
You can set it up so it autosaves every January 1st (default), monthly, weekly, daily. But there is no way to go back int time without a backup.
i had an issue on 13 where rookies from all years 2005 - 2011 imported after the MLB season ended. I had a backup for OD of 2004. That was the only way to go back and replay the 2004 season and see if the problem fixed itself, which it did. So either i am not understanding what you are trying to do or something.
I was just assuming I could make multiple saves like in a 2K game. I thought the fact that ootp has a save option, meant that I could make saves and go back to them. I thought I remembered being able to do that in ootp13 but I guess I'm imagining it. So the save is strictly for protecting against computer crashes?
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #17
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer
 
Charlie Hough's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,986
Thanks: 109
Thanked 1,118x in 585 posts
You can always make copies of your saved game files in Windows and keep as many variations as you want. Just copy the main .lg folder for the league and rename it to something else. And you can use the backup function to backup any of those saved games in case there is a crash or your file is corrupted.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #18
CatKnight
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,199
Thanks: 230
Thanked 460x in 340 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I am getting the same thing. Well that sucks. 13 has it right how did they miss this on 14?
I'd suggest reporting it as a bug then - something's going on. On my copy the field manager is fine regardless of year.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
I'd suggest reporting it as a bug then - something's going on. On my copy the field manager is fine regardless of year.
Do me a favor create a 2012 league on 14 and post a screenshot of your team, the White Sox and possibly Cleveland.If you dont know how to do a SS i use this program last file that is free.
Gadwin Systems, Inc. - Software for your business. DiagramStudio - program for create diagrams and flowcharts; GeForms - solution for design and filling forms, hundreds of free business forms.
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,267
Thanks: 9,074
Thanked 3,072x in 2,453 posts
I was testing a historical game for someone else and started with 2005. i have both Ozzie Guillen and Eric Wedge,
Attached Images
Image Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments