Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-07-2018, 05:33 AM   #221
old timer
All Star Starter

Thanked 327x in 220 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Not awful for a team that started the season a frightening 13-24. That division leader has an all-gold team with Scherzer (97) and Trout (100) sprinkled in. That must have been expensive.

Interesting that there are no teams in your league with a WPct above .623. I didn't expect to see such an evenly matched league this early.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:41 AM   #222
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,455x in 1,989 posts
As far as I can tell there are no super-whales in this league, but I had one in my entry pool, and he won the pool by like 28 games.

Resident Mets Cynic

Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #223
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 441x in 264 posts
I have no idea how my teams are faring/going to fare until I get back home Monday night. Bummer this isn't an on-line game. I only have one team with a shot at winning when I last looked Wednesday night. So if you have a team in the same league as the Lowell Muck Rakers, feel free to post how they're doing.

"Hey y'all! It's revolution up in this bitch!" - Conspiracy Brother Jones

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #224
Kushiel
Major Leagues

Thanked 179x in 111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
And my team is now 5-13 in July. At least we just picked up one game from you in our series.
If it makes you feel better about that brutal July that you just suffered, you are the only team I have a losing record against at 6-7 now
Old 12-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #225
Kushiel
Major Leagues

Quote:
Easily the worst month my team has had in beta or live, 6-17 with 3 games to go for July. I was a bit behind Thorpe Springs and Catalina, but well ahead of everyone else for the 2nd wildcard spot when the month began. Now I have someone 1/2 a game behind for the 2nd spot.
I think we are easily in the toughest division of the tougher Conference in the league. I do not think the Seven Kingdoms Knights would have near as good a record if they were in our Conference and definitely not if they were in our Division. But, one of us will get our chance against them in the World Series.
Thank you for this post:
vyshka (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #226
captainbuttercream
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 24x in 19 posts
My pitching is completely gassed and I'm about 3 games in to a 20 day 20 game stretch. Things could get a little dicey. I've picked up an extra reliever in the auction house to bolster the pen.
captainbuttercream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #227
Willie M
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 4 posts
It's at the point where my lowly team is most likely going to get promoted. Season 2 is going to be PAINFUL fighting all the star teams.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #228
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5,416x in 2,566 posts
I just split a four-game series with my nemesis and remain 10 games back at 64-44. Yes, his team is 74-34 (.675). That seems outrageous until you realize that he only has four cards that are not diamond or perfect. His entire pitching staff is diamond+ and only his catcher Piazza (87) is not a diamond among the position players. Given that roster, I am pretty happy to only be 10 games back. I still lead the wildcard by 3.5 games. My team is .500 on the road but 36-16 at home so the RH strategy is working well and I hope to have home field in that WC game.

If the past is any indication, I will be promoted into the same Silver league as his team. If I am placed in the same division again, I plan to lodge a formal complaint with the commissioner's office.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
pstrickert (12-07-2018), Zorro (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #229
Zorro
All Star Reserve

Thanked 253x in 160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I just split a four-game series with my nemesis and remain 10 games back at 64-44. Yes, his team is 74-34 (.675). That seems outrageous until you realize that he only has four cards that are not diamond or perfect. His entire pitching staff is diamond+ and only his catcher Piazza (87) is not a diamond among the position players. Given that roster, I am pretty happy to only be 10 games back. I still lead the wildcard by 3.5 games. My team is .500 on the road but 36-16 at home so the RH strategy is working well and I hope to have home field in that WC game.

If the past is any indication, I will be promoted into the same Silver league as his team. If I am placed in the same division again, I plan to lodge a formal complaint with the commissioner's office.
I am 3 back at 74-37 which makes him 75-34. We just played 7 games against each other in a 10 day span and I won 5 of the 7.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #230
SeanBerry
Bat Boy

Thanked 6x in 2 posts
I'm pretty happy with my team so far. I was 70-38 going into today with a huge 14 game lead. My New Hampshire Granite are playing well.

I did spend $25 but I only have one diamond card and no perfects. I just have a bunch of golds and a few high silvers and have been pretty dominant both in this league and Entry Level.

I'm guessing my winning ways will end in a couple of weeks. I'm not looking to spend a ton more money (next year I'm not spending anything and will see if I can build a winner that way) and I've seen some of these totally dominant teams but who knows. Maybe I can last long enough and start getting some Perfects or Diamonds in packs.
SeanBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #231
sharknut
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
I have the worst defense in my league, so I dumped some bigger bats and picked up Frank White and Didi Gregarious (dropping Bogaerts) in an attempt to bolster my weaknesses. Only 2 back in the wild card and my team should be better, but my defense must be the thing holding me back.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #232
stl jason
All Star Reserve

Thanked 282x in 176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
It's at the point where my lowly team is most likely going to get promoted. Season 2 is going to be PAINFUL fighting all the star teams.
heh.... know the feeling... my 2 teams aren't exactly superstar laden, but both will probably be good enough to end in the top 16 in the league for promotion (heck, right now one of 'em leads their division at 55-49 last I saw; and the other was just 3 games out of first and only 3 above .500)

next season is going to be a rough one

A Tale of Two Teams - PT league
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #233
Kushiel
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
heh.... know the feeling... my 2 teams aren't exactly superstar laden, but both will probably be good enough to end in the top 16 in the league for promotion (heck, right now one of 'em leads their division at 55-49 last I saw; and the other was just 3 games out of first and only 3 above .500)

next season is going to be a rough one
My FTP team will be promoted too; I am sure because we have played a little above .500 all season are clinging to the 2nd playoff spot, barely. I am not going to give up for next season though I will be trying to sneak up on some Silver League teams.

We may be named the Happy Plankton, but if a whale tries to take too big a bite, he may choke on our little selves.

Last edited by Kushiel; 12-07-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: to add a statement.
Kushiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #234
vyshka
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 33x in 32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I think we are easily in the toughest division of the tougher Conference in the league. I do not think the Seven Kingdoms Knights would have near as good a record if they were in our Conference and definitely not if they were in our Division. But, one of us will get our chance against them in the World Series.
Yeah, I knew it was going to be a rough one when I saw the roster for you and Catalina. I figured I was fighting for the 2nd wildcard. After May and June it was looking really good and while you guys were a bit ahead of me isn't wasn't too bad. We're still above .500 and in the fight for that wildcard spot so still okay. Just frustrating when you have a bad run like especially after a good run. In beta, the season I won the WS I was playing .500 ball through June and then went on a tear for the rest of the season. So we can still have a pretty good season if they get their act together.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #235
Dogberry99
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 66x in 53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
I'm not tanking, but I'm also not fighting tooth and nail to eek out a promotion. Whether I promote or stay Bronze, I believe I need to focus on achievements and points.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #236
Kushiel
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yeah, I knew it was going to be a rough one when I saw the roster for you and Catalina. I figured I was fighting for the 2nd wildcard. After May and June it was looking really good and while you guys were a bit ahead of me isn't wasn't too bad. We're still above .500 and in the fight for that wildcard spot so still okay. Just frustrating when you have a bad run like especially after a good run. In beta, the season I won the WS I was playing .500 ball through June and then went on a tear for the rest of the season. So we can still have a pretty good season if they get their act together.

I hope you make it and I think you will if your team gets back to playing ball like you were through June. I 'll be cheering for you until we meet in the playoffs. If you knock me out, I hope you win it all

By the way I lived in Texarkana for 5 years from 1975-1980. I was Superintendent for Calvin Carter Construction. I liked it there but my wife hated it so we moved back to DFW. It was the right choice to please her because we have been married 49 years
Old 12-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #237
Zorro
All Star Reserve

Thanked 253x in 160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I hope you make it and I think you will if your team gets back to playing ball like you were through June. I 'll be cheering for you until we meet in the playoffs. If you knock me out, I hope you win it all

By the way I lived in Texarkana for 5 years from 1975-1980. I was Superintendent for Calvin Carter Construction. I liked it there but my wife hated it so we moved back to DFW. It was the right choice to please her because we have been married 49 years
49 Years? You are doing something right my friend.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Kushiel (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #238
vyshka
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 33x in 32 posts
Thanks. I'll be rooting for whomever in our division makes it to the playoffs.

I've never actually been to Texarkana, but was at Ft. Hood in Killeen for a few years. Growing up I played in some sports game leagues at a local hobby store, and somehow focused on Texarkana. First with my football team for Statis-Pro Football, the Texarkana Tornadoes, and later a Strat-o-matic baseball team the Texarkana Tumblweeds. I've liked DFW whenever I've been there, but man that rush hour traffic can be a bear. I've been in the Phoenix area for 18 years now.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #239
Kushiel
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
49 Years? You are doing something right my friend.
She loves me! I still cannot figure out why after all this time.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #240
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,455x in 1,989 posts
16-game winning streak in progress! Eight of those 16 wins were by a single run, and a few of those in extras.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic

Last edited by Westheim; 12-07-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (12-09-2018), old timer (12-07-2018), Orcin (12-07-2018)