Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Announcing OOTP Baseball 19: Pre-order now, save 10%, and get early access!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 01-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #3521
JaBurns
All Star Reserve

Thanked 251x in 201 posts
Agreed; as I stated early you have much more courage than I do, I could not torture myself with this setup.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NYY #23 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #3522
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,484x in 1,878 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Agreed; as I stated early you have much more courage than I do, I could not torture myself with this setup.
Well I do have a little bit of a safety net by protecting one player each year, but it certainly is a little bit of torture at times. Makes it tough to do long term planning, and I never realized the number of bad deals you get offered too.

3 Strikes and You're Out A historical exhibition mode tournament to determine the greatest team of All-Time
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
JaBurns (01-30-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #3523
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Thanked 108x in 101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
At this point it's become somewhat of a mission to finish this challenge of taking each team from worst to first. With 14 teams left it's coming up on 2 years since I started the restart, or 4 years overall, so it's time to resume so I don't end up spending another 4 years on this.

-------------------------
Last year there were two expansion teams, including the Toronto Blue Jays. I thought there was a pretty good chance I'd be running one of those two expansion teams, but that's not the case. We will be heading to Canada to take over the Montreal Expos, who have lost more than 100 games in 7 of their 9 years of existence. Their best season came in 1974 when they went 72-90, so it hasn't been too good in Montreal:

Attachment 317944

As for the current roster, I don't even know where to start:

Attachment 317943

Out of 26 teams last year, just 2 lost money. One, the Minnesota Twins came pretty close to break even, losing less than $100,000. The Expos on the other hand lost over $2 million.

We've got the smallest budget in the league, the smallest payroll, and our attendance of 8,571 per game was less than half of the next lowest team. Runs scored - 12th, Runs allowed - 12th. Our coaching staff is terrible, as is our scout.

Our best player is 23 year old first baseman Jason Thompson who hit .279 with 32 home runs. Our best pitcher Don Carrithers is set to be a free agent after going 11-15 with a 3.35 ERA, and while I'd love to sign him to an extension we can't afford it.

This appears to be my toughest challenge yet.
It's been over 4 years XD