Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #21
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,089
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 2,119x in 1,209 posts
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz84GKxy7b0
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #22
swoboda
All Star Reserve
 
swoboda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Guarding The Line
Posts: 782
Thanks: 386
Thanked 454x in 230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
An in game movable camera would be nice and I hope is at least of a future "to do " list. It would let you do on-the-fly setups instead of being locked into pregame views. Which would be a very cool thing for getting the right angle to watch specific replays.



It really wouldn't save much, if any, time as far as setting up standard views for each park IE 1b line, 3b line, cf, homeplate low, etc. etc. I do these one stadium at a time as they come up on my schedule and take the same 5 minutes or so that doing it in game would take. After one season I have all of the NL parks as I play as the Cubs. After a few seasons I have the AL too as I rotate through the parks with interleague play.

Then backup your stadium folder before installing a patch, as that will overwrite your custom views on default stadiums.

Whoa. Wish I knew this last year! I manually reset all my custom camera angles for each Stadium after each patch. Did not enjoy that
__________________
"...it's a beautiful day for a ballgame...there's a cool breeze blowing from right to left,.... hit one in the air today and it's really gonna carry...." the late great Bob Murphy
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #23
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer
 
eriqjaffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Under The Christmas Fish
Posts: 6,781
Thanks: 332
Thanked 3,249x in 1,042 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
An in game movable camera would be nice and I hope is at least of a future "to do " list. It would let you do on-the-fly setups instead of being locked into pregame views. Which would be a very cool thing for getting the right angle to watch specific replays.

It really wouldn't save much, if any, time as far as setting up standard views for each park IE 1b line, 3b line, cf, homeplate low, etc. etc. I do these one stadium at a time as they come up on my schedule and take the same 5 minutes or so that doing it in game would take. After one season I have all of the NL parks as I play as the Cubs. After a few seasons I have the AL too as I rotate through the parks with interleague play.

Then backup your stadium folder before installing a patch, as that will overwrite your custom views on default stadiums.
Honestly, I would love to have a handful of "stock" camera angles that I could apply. OOTP already knows where the bases and plate are in 3D space, it's just a matter of a bit of math to have default cameras at x/y/z coordinates, n feet above ground level aimed at r/s angles. Heck, it's not even something that has to be calculated in real-time, it would just essentially be part of the existing 3d grid.

At the very least, I'd love to have the ability to copy and paste cameras between parks, similar to how we can currently copy and paste 2d coordinates, so I don't have to fiddle with them as much every time I make a new park.
__________________

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 03-09-2019 at 10:19 AM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
nielsoncp (03-09-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 12:39 AM   #24
sdw1000
Major Leagues
 
sdw1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SC USA
Posts: 478
Thanks: 187
Thanked 83x in 58 posts
Ya....I am not gonna lie...I wish we had the all the Deadball and Negro League stadiums, but obviously that's not gonna happen for various reasons. But we do have enough of the mods to keep me happy. Hopefully the modders create more if they can because it does add a dimension to the game when you can play in the actual ballpark of said team.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #25
Sweed
Hall Of Famer
 
Sweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,479
Thanks: 1,263
Thanked 1,647x in 644 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Whoa. Wish I knew this last year! I manually reset all my custom camera angles for each Stadium after each patch. Did not enjoy that
Here's a little more... Each stadium's camera views are stored in a 6kb file. Example: Wrigley Field file is called "wrigley_field.ootp3d". This is how I first made backups of my views. This is time consuming as you have to do each one at a time. Doing the whole folder is easier and faster but won't work if they make actual changes to a 3d model. IE in the homeplate circle at Wrigley in v19 the grass in front of the plate comes to a point instead of a full circle. If it had been fixed in a patch you would want the new stadium file and lose your views. However..

If they make a change to the 3d stadium model in a patch there is a way around this, at least I think it would work. Each stadium has a folder under models (I think?) and in that folder is a 6kb file that holds your camera views. I think you could copy that file over the file in the new patch stadium folder. It's a bit time consuming though as you have to do each stadium one at a time. But with both your backup folder and "new patch" stadium folder open it would be better than rebuilding everything. Of course I'd backup the new folder before trying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Honestly, I would love to have a handful of "stock" camera angles that I could apply. OOTP already knows where the bases and plate are in 3D space, it's just a matter of a bit of math to have default cameras at x/y/z coordinates, n feet above ground level aimed at r/s angles. Heck, it's not even something that has to be calculated in real-time, it would just essentially be part of the existing 3d grid.

At the very least, I'd love to have the ability to copy and paste cameras between parks, similar to how we can currently copy and paste 2d coordinates, so I don't have to fiddle with them as much every time I make a new park.
I've thought the same about using the diamond as a base for a default set of at least a 1b, 3b, CF behind P in addition to the already default one. After that I think because of the various shapes, heights, distance from diamond others would be hard to implement on a global basis. With this in mind I think copy\paste park to park would be hard. I'd love to be wrong and have Matt and Markus find a way.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
swoboda (03-21-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments