Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
NovaNation19
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
Association Playoffs aren't starting

Hey everyone, anyone know how to get association playoffs to start?

I have a large fictional world league and want to have multiple association playoffs to crown regional champions before going to a world tournament. However, when I get to the end of the regular season, the association playoffs don't start (I have playoffs disabled in each individual league). At first I thought it was because one of my leagues had a rainout scheduled for the day after the "Regular Season Ends" league event, but I don't think it's that issue. It is worth noting that the rainout game involves a team vying for the league championship (ties for 1st with a win) and sometimes creates a tiebreaker situation, but I've had multiple attempts to start the association playoffs and the outcome of those games doesn't impact it.

I also attempted to trigger the start of the association playoffs by creating a "Playoffs Start" league event for each individual league at a date a few days after the regular season ended but that didn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the Association Playoffs don't automatically start?

EDIT: I should also note that I first made these attempts in OOTP19 last night, and then tried again today after converting the league to OOTP20, all to no avail.

Last edited by NovaNation19; 06-25-2019 at 06:48 PM.
NovaNation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
BBGiovanni
Major Leagues

Thanked 164x in 134 posts
A similar thing happened to me as I ended my postseason... it turned out I had changed the structure of another member league but had not changed the association playoff structure. I had fortunately saved on the last day of the season so I re-played my league's playoff and when that championship had ended the association playoff showed up on the schedule.

"What do I want you do do? What are you doing in the National League?"- John McGraw
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
NovaNation19
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGiovanni View Post
A similar thing happened to me as I ended my postseason... it turned out I had changed the structure of another member league but had not changed the association playoff structure. I had fortunately saved on the last day of the season so I re-played my league's playoff and when that championship had ended the association playoff showed up on the schedule.
Thanks for responding, gave it a shot but unfortunately resetting the the association playoff structure didn't work. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that my leagues don't have playoffs and just have a regular season.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #4
NovaNation19
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
Update, just tested adding playoffs to each of the 3 leagues that comprise one of the associations. Once the playoffs ended, the association playoffs were scheduled.

So I guess my question now is whether or not there's a way to have association playoffs that aren't dependent on each sub-league having playoffs. I tried just individually deleting the playoff games but the association playoffs didn't start after those days passed by.
Thank you for this post:
nutt (07-02-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 09:04 AM   #5
BBGiovanni
Major Leagues

Thanked 164x in 134 posts
I never tried it without league playoffs, so I don't know. Did it work with only one league having a playoff?

If you don't care about the league playoffs I guess you could set them to 1 game only.

"What do I want you do do? What are you doing in the National League?"- John McGraw
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,509x in 4,131 posts
Just tested an association where neither sub-league has playoffs, and it worked for me.

In your case where it didn't work, did all your leagues advance to the playoffs in their respective leagues? If one didn't, that would be the reason (basically the association playoffs will start when all the other leagues have crowned a champion). I believe before the last patch there was an issue where if you deleted a tiebreaker game, the league could get stuck in regular season mode, but I thought that was fixed in 20.5.46.

Otherwise, if you have the league that's stuck and not advancing, feel free to send over the files (http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...p-developments) and we can have a look to see what might be going on. Sometimes can be some weird setup issue that can cause problems.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
NovaNation19
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
I'll send the file over to see if someone can identify the issue.

My setup is two associations - one for the Americas, and one for Europe/Asia. The Americas league has 9 USA leagues and one each representing Canada, South America, and the Caribbean. The Europe/Asia association is made up of 3 leagues, one for Western Europe, one for China, and one for soviet/communist countries (it's set in post-WWII era).

I had initially tried adding a one-game playoff in only the MLB to see if having one would kickstart the association playoffs, but that didn't work. None of the other 11 leagues in the Americas Cup association had enabled playoffs, so I imagine that's why it didn't happen in that scenario.

When I tried adding a one game playoff to each of the 3 Europe/Asian leagues, I got the association playoffs to show up. Oddly, the only regular season tiebreaker situation that arose was in the Western Europe league but that didn't appear to impact anything other than the start of that league's playoffs which was one day later than the others.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,509x in 4,131 posts
Okay, sorry for the delay, but had a look through, and yeah, there seems to be something going on.

It seems to be related to having an "offseason start" event scheduled. If you go in and delete those events from both the American and Russian leagues (which are classified as the "top" leagues), then the playoffs will start. We'll look into the logic as to why that was stopping things.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #9
NovaNation19
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
Thanks for the response, I'll go ahead and make that change. Appreciate the help!