Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #2281
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
All Star Reserve

Thanked 224x in 170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I have not been able to find any - searched newspaper archives and still nothing. The draft list had a link to a photo but it was not the same player. The best bet would be to contact the school and see if they had a yearbook for that year and see if they would print out a page or two for you. I did this once and some schools keep a copy of past yearbooks.

James
Were did you find the draft list with the link to the photo?
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 AM   #2282
Outlaw Jim
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 226x in 146 posts
I just put his name and "mlb draft" and the page came up. The link to the player photo was not him though. Could not find him anywhere.

http://http://www.baseball-almanac.c...ft.php?yr=1970

This was the photo on the link - obviously not the same player and the trading card database did not have any cards with his image.
Attached Images

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 07-12-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 PM   #2283
Home Free
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 131x in 43 posts
Colorized Phenoms of the 60s

The skills of Zappa were turned towards a few images of career minor leaguers for me recently and I want again to share them with you (with his blessing and my thanks).

Bob Nash had a huge first pro season with the Red Sox Class A club in Wellsville of the NYP League in 1964, was drafted by the Phillies in an arcade "first-year draft" that was then part the Rule V, but a knee injury caused him to spend all of 1965 on a major league DL, before two tough minor league years in the Phillies and Twins systems.

Name:  64_Bob_Nash_BOS OF.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  81.6 KB

Jim Jenkins spent six years in the Twins system, four of them as a utility infielder in AA and AAA, the last as an effective reliever in Class A. But 1970 would be his last hurrah.

Name:  68_Jim_Jenkins_MIN IONF.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  104.7 KB

Baseball's records show that Terry Hadlock, a left-handed hitting catcher, was an undrafted free agent who spent an abbreviated season in Class A for the Braves in 1967. But in York County, Maine, right on the New Hampshire line, Hadlock was a local legend until his death in 2014 at age 67. This was probably spring of 1968 -- a camp that would be his last.

Name:  67 Terry Hadlock ATL C.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  187.9 KB
Home Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cusick (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #2284
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,310x in 2,597 posts
Ed Veto

The death of anyone is a sad thing, but I've followed the political scene for so long that I hope you'll permit me a small chuckle when I read that Mr. Veto died. (Did he get a 2/3 vote in both houses of Congress?)

On the serious side, Ed Veto was a fine pitcher who enjoyed only one year in the minors, but he had a good one. With the Red Sox minor league affiliate at Milford, DE of the Eastern Shore League in 1946, he had a 3-2 record with a 2.81 ERA.

Ed Veto had a long life, nearly reaching the age of 95. He was born on Nov. 15, 1923 and died on July 13, 2018. He was from Springfield, Massachusetts, and attended American International College. He was a World War II veteran.

The photo on the left comes from his obituary. The photo on the right is from the Springfield (MA) Union of July 8, 1948. It shows him with the Smith and Wesson industrial league team. He was employed with that firm for most of his life.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=veto--001edw
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Cusick; 07-18-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Add second photo.
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote