Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
sonicqaz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
International Amateur Hard Cap Unchecked and Unenforced

I'm in the 2022 season of a sim where this is the first season that International Amateur hardcap was not enforced. When the new international players were created I noticed a player was asking for over 5 million for the first time and then I noticed that the rules were changed. I checked the settings and the hard cap was unchecked and I don't think I did that (if I did it was an accidental misclick and never noticed.) I checked the box and went back to the international amateurs page and the one prospect reduced his asking fee to 5,000,000 and the games rules explanation was reset to the hardcap rules. I simmed a day I got a message from the player saying he wanted more than the 5,000,000 that I offered him and that caused me to notice that the box unchecked itself again and the rules explanation also changed. I went to the settings and clicked the box to turn on the hardcap again but as soon as I changed to the international amateurs page it must have unchecked because the rules explanation never changes, the player lists a demand over 5M, and when you go back to settings the box is unchecked. There is no way to keep the box checked anymore.

Is this caused because maybe I did accidentally uncheck the hardcap and not notice it and the game wont allow me to make changes to this rule midseason, or is this a bug that isn't allowing me to change it back (or the bug unchecked the box itself?)
sonicqaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 6,251x in 2,433 posts
Hi, it appears there may be an issue that whenever you go to the page with the checkbox, it accidentally gets un-checked. However, if you select it again on the page, as long as you don't go back to that specific settings page, it should stay active.

The reason why he may have come back asking for more are that he simply prefers another team's max offer to yours, and sometimes the text email won't reflect the hard cap. It's also possible if the option did get turned off during negotiations that contracts above the cap sneak in, and may not necessarily get checked properly for the cap in all cases.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
sonicqaz (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 11:59 PM   #3
sonicqaz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Thanks for the response but I don't think that quite explains what's going on for a couple reasons. If you don't go back to the options page, but I go to the international amatuer free agent page, in the area that describes the rules of international free agency, it gives details that would reflect a soft cap (and tells you what the penalties would be for x amount over the cap) suggesting that the cap is turned off as soon as I leave the page.

Secondly, the player that's asking for more than 5,000,000 is doing so explicitly in his demand section. He was asking for 7,500,000.

Thirdly, teams are signing more than 5,000,000 combined when you count up all of their international free agents.

At this point I've decided to just go through to the next off season and try to make sure it's checked and hope it doesn't pop up again, unless someone has a better idea. Appreciate the response at any rate.
sonicqaz is offline   Reply With Quote