Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 02-24-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 48x in 38 posts
(Surprise!) Catobase problem

Alright, I'm using the latest version of OOTP and the latest version of Cato with halofan's latest rosters. This is my first season and I got the import stats to work after fixing the league.html not being in the right place and the ltrans problem where retired guys need the 'r' replaced with a 'p'. (That sucked, it took a while even with only have to hit F3 to find next and then = and p to fix it.)

I ran a search for this problem but none of the terms I tried turned anything up. I don't know if it's related or not but I can't import All Stars or Award Winners or even enter them in on my own - there's just no names there for me to select. It says it can't find the lnews.html file so I move it into the database folder and it still says it can't find it.

Anyways, I just clicked the Create HTML button and got 'Error 94: Invalid use of Null has occured.'

Any idea what this is or how to fix it?

Edit Moments Later - Since I have the league file backed up as well as the database after import and nothing better to do while my computer generates the pages I went and clicked 'Ok' on the error. It's running through the create html process right now (just started player pages) but I still don't like getting error messages.

2nd Edit - It created all the player html and was starting the positional charts when this error popped up:
"Error 3021: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. has occured." Clicking OK brings up "Error 55: File already open has occured." and then I have to close the program as I can't get rid of that error screen.

Now what?

Last edited by Kelric; 02-24-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #2
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:04 AM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,896x in 2,097 posts
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...highlight=Null

Some seeds of thought and a place to begin. I learned through my installation that it is probably the best course to fix the very first error you get because future errors are likely built upon its flaws otherwise. So for now, I'd focus on the 0 data somewhere it doesn't belong.

In my case, it took three tries. The first two times I actually deleted everything that Cato had previously produced in order to get as clean a slate as possible. I'm hardly a qualified Cato veteran, but I'd take the advice of those I've heard it from: begin with the first problem and make every attempt to research and solve it. Once that clears, you may encounter a different error message, but handled one at a time the number of occurences will gradually lessen.

All I have for now is the link above, but I'll keep looking for you.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Okay, I'm starting over using my backed up league files to try and hit the problems one by one. We'll see how it goes.

Edit 1: Ran into the 'Type mismatch' error during the ltrans file importation. Apparently forgot to carry over the changes from p to r from my first fix. Went through the file again and caught all instances. Stopped the importation and started it over.

Edit 2: No further errors during importation. All Stars appear to have been correctly imported, unlike my initial attempt. Time to backup the database. Create HTML Pages button...hit.

Edit 3: Everything worked fine. Odd. Maybe it was just the original 'Type mismatch' error that, even though I thought I fixed it, messed everything up last time.

Last edited by Kelric; 02-27-2005 at 03:24 PM.