Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #441
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Thanked 117x in 97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
There was only Belgium I didn't want to win it, well Martinez to be exact, can't stand the man. The only weakness that I see France having is Giroud works his socks off but doesn't take his chances bit like Heskey a few years back for England although Giroud does have a good ratio, although Crouch did for England but he only scored against low ranked teams. In fact having a look at Girouds record most of his goals come against the lower ranked teams.

One thing watching France last night, how over rated Griezman is, dirty player, loves to dive, greedy player.

One player who I've been impressed with for France, Pogba I think he's been superb specially last night with not only his play but getting on his teammates backs for faking injuries, very impressed.
Agree on Pogba. You were pretty much right about Croatia. Not as over rated as I thought.

On faking injuries. It's one thing to fake an injury somewhere inconsequential, It's stupid when it ruins one of your chances. How many times do we see players fake it in the box, or just outside the box in order to draw a foul? When none is given, you essentially just turned the ball over.
Ragnar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #442
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Thanked 117x in 97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Sorry England, maybe one day you can finally win your first.
First what?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #443
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 480x in 338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
First what?
World Cup, some Germans donít count it
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #444
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agree on Pogba. You were pretty much right about Croatia. Not as over rated as I thought.

On faking injuries. It's one thing to fake an injury somewhere inconsequential, It's stupid when it ruins one of your chances. How many times do we see players fake it in the box, or just outside the box in order to draw a foul? When none is given, you essentially just turned the ball over.
Be interesting to see if the dives and the fake injuries go down in number once VAR comes into every league, which it will. Itís not been perfect in the World Cup but I trust it more now than I did before the start of it.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #445
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Thanked 117x in 97 posts
Quote:
Oh I see. Also known as a controversial win. Ask Argentina fans if Germany won in 1990. Or Cowboy fans if Green Bay won the playoff game in 2014. We can do this all day.

On that goal. I have tried to look at it from both angles and still can't come to a conclusion. Is there a video of the perfect side angle? I have seen it from both right and left of the goal line. If I had to guess I'd say the whole ball wasn't over the line. But that's not how it was called so it really doesn't matter.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #446
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 770x in 447 posts
Quote:
Which you and me have discussed before and it was completely in jest on my part.
Part of being German is busting the balls of the English and vice versa.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:36 AM   #447
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh I see. Also known as a controversial win. Ask Argentina fans if Germany won in 1990. Or Cowboy fans if Green Bay won the playoff game in 2014. We can do this all day.

On that goal. I have tried to look at it from both angles and still can't come to a conclusion. Is there a video of the perfect side angle? I have seen it from both right and left of the goal line. If I had to guess I'd say the whole ball wasn't over the line. But that's not how it was called so it really doesn't matter.
All sour grapes by bad losers, at worst it was a mistake by a Russian linesman but who could blame him for giving England the benefit of the doubt AND he did give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team. However it wasn't blatant cheating to influence a game or tournament like 1970 Bracelet of Bogota, 1982 Disgrace of Gijon and 1986 Hand of God amongst others but fans who were on the other side of that cheating get on with it and don't change the record books. England won the World Cup in 1966 it's in the record books and no asterisk
Old 07-13-2018, 01:39 AM   #448
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

By the way Croatia were fined £50,000 For a player drinking from a non sponsored drink, the nerve of the man should ban him from the final
Old 07-13-2018, 01:48 AM   #449
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Which you and me have discussed before and it was completely in jest on my part.
Part of being German is busting the balls of the English and vice versa.
That was banter at the time, this time the responses have stemmed from post #426 which imo went beyond banter. I've had banter with another German in the thread aka Westheim and hope they feel the same, however I didn't look at your post as banter and seems others didn't as well.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:01 AM   #450
ry1220
All Star Reserve

Thanked 191x in 144 posts
As we wind down the World Cup, I cordially invite all of you bandwagoners and temporary football enthusiasts to stay a while longer; football is truly the beautiful game, club level has surpassed that of international play, there is a club to support for everyone, it has never been easier to watch, and it has an excellent management sim to play as well! Embrace the obsession!
ry1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #451
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 547x in 441 posts
The MLS has kept me interested beyond my revolving 4 year infatuation.

Commish/GM B.J.H.L. (OOTP14) Ft. Wayne Barnstormers
(2019-2040)
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #452
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Thanked 312x in 247 posts
the MLS continues to grow, but the Euroleagues still have the highest volume of stars. the EPL is the most competitive league and games are shown saturday mornings on NBC iirc

- Darius
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #453
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,977x in 1,737 posts
My domestic league has been killed by the demonic team from Upper Bavaria that I will not grace by mentioning it by name, and so has my general interest in the sport. I used to be a pretty intense Bremen fan, but I can't tell you even three people on their roster right now. Except for that Japanese forward that never scores that they signed during the World Cup.

Meeets!
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #454
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 54x in 40 posts
Yes, i can't wait for the domestic competitions to start again. I'm fortunate to have a tv provider that shows live Premiership and La Liga games..

GO EAGLES! (Crystal Palace, not Philly)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #455
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 54x in 40 posts
So what are you guys favourite club teams anyway? Here is my list...

Netherlands: ADO Den Haag of course, the club from my birthplace

England: a whole lot of teams because i love English footy, but Crystal Palace is my fav

France: not very interested in their competition but RC Lens is my favourite

Spain: Eibar and Barcelona

Germany: MSV Duisburg..i know, strange choice but it is because of An episode of the german detective series Tatort

Italy: Lazio per sempre!

Scotland: Celtic

USA: Portland

Old 07-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #456
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry1220 View Post
As we wind down the World Cup, I cordially invite all of you bandwagoners and temporary football enthusiasts to stay a while longer; football is truly the beautiful game, club level has surpassed that of international play, there is a club to support for everyone, it has never been easier to watch, and it has an excellent management sim to play as well! Embrace the obsession!
You should start a thread, Iím sure it would tick over during the year with the amount of football thatís on TV. I mean we get every English division including the non leagues, along with MLS, Serie A (Italy), La Liga (Spain), Eredivisie (Holland), Bundesliga, 2 Bundesliga (Germany), Ligue 1 (France), Scottish Premier League & Championship, Danske Bank Premiership (Northern Ireland), League Of Ireland Premier Division, I think we even get Primeira Liga (Portugal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
So what are you guys favourite club teams anyway?
England - Wigan Athletic (home town)
Scotland - Celtic.
Holland - Ajax.
Italy - Napoli.
Russia - Torpedo Moscow.
France - St Etienne.
Spain - Athletic Bilbao.
Germany - Dynamo Dresden.
Ireland - Cork City (family originate from there).
America - Minnesota United.
Ukraine - Dynamo Kiev.
Switzerland - Grasshoppers Club Zurich.

Apart from Dresden and Minnesota Iíve seen them all play live, Torpedo Moscow played a friendly years ago against Wigan Athletic worst game by a mile Iíve ever seen, Moscow actually came and parked the bus in a FRIENDLY, throw in the fact it was midweek and freezing still got the programme. Been to some of there grounds not been to Grasshoppers, Kiev, Dresden, Minnesota and Moscow, Ajax was there old stadium De Meer Stadion during a school football tour. Kiev was against Celtic in the European Cup as it was then, I donít like admitting watching Grasshoppers as I went seeing them against Rangers wanted to get in the away end but they wouldnít let me so had to stand with the Rangers fans
Thank you for this post:
Hageneezz (Yesterday)
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #457
Izabela
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Go Croatia!
Izabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #458
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

I was neutral on who I wanted to win but hopefully Croatia comeback because that was blatant cheating by Friedman, posted earlier in the thread he's a dirty cheat.
Thank you for this post:
Hageneezz (Today)
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #459
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,977x in 1,737 posts
All my dreams are dead.

Meeets!
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #460
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 54x in 40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
All my dreams are dead.
So hoped Croatia would win. I don't like the playing style of France.