Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

SUMMER SALE - OOTP and FHM are 50% off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #41
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer
 
Raidergoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,982
Thanks: 498
Thanked 596x in 305 posts
My buddy and I am hamstrung just a little bit due to our online league's slow move to OOTP X. We're at the All Star Game today. After the end of the season, I'll be able to use this in my most competitive league.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #42
Afino
Hall Of Famer
 
Afino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,828
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 702x in 426 posts
You know, I can't help myself but to report a couple of other bugs/features I'd like....

- "Designated Hitter" shows up as "Designated Hitcher".

Feature requests:

- If I could go into a player card, click on one of the columns, and get the card for that without having to x out of the card and get the other column, that would be incredible.
- Any way to put Stamina in there? I couldn't find it and I know that can be changed over time.
- Any way to have the columns in a different order and keep it that way? I'd like to be able to see Stuff/Movement/Control, then StuffP/MoveP/ControlP instead of the way it is now.
__________________
GUBA: Moscow Enforcers

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #43
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,454
Thanks: 4,353
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
.
- Any way to put Stamina in there? I couldn't find it and I know that can be changed over time.
That'd be a good addition, along with velocity. I know adding those to DevTracker is probably out of the question, but I'm interested in both of these ratings with ScoutTracker.
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #44
kbensel
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 68
Thanks: 18
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
That'd be a good addition, along with velocity. I know adding those to DevTracker is probably out of the question...
I'd love it if these could be added to DevTracker if Neags comes back to it at some point.
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #45
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,454
Thanks: 4,353
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
I'd love it if these could be added to DevTracker if Neags comes back to it at some point.
Yeah, I think the problem there, IIRC, is that the original code is ... gone, so any changes there are pretty unlikely. But couldn't agree more that seeing the changes in those categories, while fairly limited in frequency, would be intriguing to examine.
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #46
kbensel
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 68
Thanks: 18
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Yeah, I think the problem there, IIRC, is that the original code is ... gone, so any changes there are pretty unlikely. But couldn't agree more that seeing the changes in those categories, while fairly limited in frequency, would be intriguing to examine.
Right. My hope is that adapting ScoutingTracker back into a new version of DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Obviously they use different data as inputs (.DAT files for ScoutingTracker vs. the exported .CSV files for DevTracker), although I wonder if now that Neags is using .DAT files, maybe DevTracker could use .DAT files directly, which would make things a little easier.

Then again, that option might present a tad bit of a problem for online leagues, unless he incorporated a similar type of verification system into DevTracker as exists in ScoutingTracker, to prevent misuse in online leagues.

Anyway, just a thought.
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #47
Neags23
All Star Starter
 
Neags23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,532
Thanks: 30
Thanked 35x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
You know, I can't help myself but to report a couple of other bugs/features I'd like....

- "Designated Hitter" shows up as "Designated Hitcher".

Feature requests:

- If I could go into a player card, click on one of the columns, and get the card for that without having to x out of the card and get the other column, that would be incredible.
- Any way to put Stamina in there? I couldn't find it and I know that can be changed over time.
- Any way to have the columns in a different order and keep it that way? I'd like to be able to see Stuff/Movement/Control, then StuffP/MoveP/ControlP instead of the way it is now.
I'll fix that typo. Thanks for pointing that one out.

The first feature... I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting. By "getting the other column", do you mean the graph for a particular rating? If so, you don't need to close the player card and right-click again. The graph portion of the card is split so that you can drag part of the right side of the window and expose the checkboxes that allow you to choose a new rating to graph (similar to devTracker).

I could add stamina, but it'd be a little tricky getting it to work with old baselines. Because I haven't added it before, I'd have to add in a check to see if you're using a baseline that has stamina, and if not, re-write the baseline to have stamina in for every old date on the baseline. It's doable, but tricky.

The last feature request... you can re-order the columns however you'd like. Having them saved that way when you come back would be a lot of work, without much payoff. I'll look into it, though. Maybe it'll be easier than I'm thinking.

Thanks for the suggestions!
__________________
Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball
1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions!
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #48
Neags23
All Star Starter
 
Neags23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,532
Thanks: 30
Thanked 35x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
That'd be a good addition, along with velocity. I know adding those to DevTracker is probably out of the question, but I'm interested in both of these ratings with ScoutTracker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
I'd love it if these could be added to DevTracker if Neags comes back to it at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Yeah, I think the problem there, IIRC, is that the original code is ... gone, so any changes there are pretty unlikely. But couldn't agree more that seeing the changes in those categories, while fairly limited in frequency, would be intriguing to examine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
Right. My hope is that adapting ScoutingTracker back into a new version of DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Obviously they use different data as inputs (.DAT files for ScoutingTracker vs. the exported .CSV files for DevTracker), although I wonder if now that Neags is using .DAT files, maybe DevTracker could use .DAT files directly, which would make things a little easier.

Then again, that option might present a tad bit of a problem for online leagues, unless he incorporated a similar type of verification system into DevTracker as exists in ScoutingTracker, to prevent misuse in online leagues.

Anyway, just a thought.
I can certainly look into adding velocity (see the post above this one).

I'm most likely not going to re-write DevTracker as long as it still works. If the next version of OOTP breaks it, I will. But it's a pretty big project to re-write just to add a couple of minor features.
__________________
Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball
1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions!
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #49
kbensel
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 68
Thanks: 18
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
I'm most likely not going to re-write DevTracker as long as it still works. If the next version of OOTP breaks it, I will. But it's a pretty big project to re-write just to add a couple of minor features.
Completely understandable. My programming doesn't really extend much beyond SQL and perl, so I was hoping that "converting" ScoutingTracker into "new and improved" DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Sounds like I'm wrong. No problem. I love DevTracker as a tool for understanding how ratings change over time, due to age, injury, and randomness. Thanks again for sharing it with the community!
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #50
Neags23
All Star Starter
 
Neags23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,532
Thanks: 30
Thanked 35x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
Completely understandable. My programming doesn't really extend much beyond SQL and perl, so I was hoping that "converting" ScoutingTracker into "new and improved" DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Sounds like I'm wrong. No problem. I love DevTracker as a tool for understanding how ratings change over time, due to age, injury, and randomness. Thanks again for sharing it with the community!
Using the existing ScoutingTracker code to re-do DevTracker would probably be my best bet.

But I don't know if I'd want to use the .dat files or .csv's. The .csv's are easier, just because I know exactly what's in them, best ways to access them, etc. I can do that stuff on my own. The .dat files, I'm reliant on Tony M's .dat file reader. And while he did an excellent job with that, it's still an unknown to me.

For instance, something as simple as getting the league's name. With the .csv's, I can just look at leagues.csv. With the .dat reader... well, I don't even know how off the top of my head.

So I'd probably use the .csv's, but that eliminates online leagues. Which might be better, anyway, so I wouldn't have to incorporate another verification system like in ScoutingTracker.

I don't know. I'm rambling. We'll see. If I get bored, I'll look into it.
__________________
Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball
1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions!
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
Tony M
Global Moderator
 
Tony M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 6,156
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 41
Thanked 328x in 190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
- "Designated Hitter" shows up as "Designated Hitcher".
That's a bug in my decoding dll - I've enumerated position 10 to the string DesignatedHitcher
__________________
This signature is intentionally blank
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #52
Neags23
All Star Starter
 
Neags23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,532
Thanks: 30
Thanked 35x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
That's a bug in my decoding dll - I've enumerated position 10 to the string DesignatedHitcher
Maybe position 10 guys just always seem to need a ride?
__________________
Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball
1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions!
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #53
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,454
Thanks: 4,353
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Using the existing ScoutingTracker code to re-do DevTracker would probably be my best bet.
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
The .csv's are easier, just because I know exactly what's in them, best ways to access them, etc. I can do that stuff on my own.
and as such remain the best candidate tools. In addition, there is an bit of an implied manager control in being forced to dump the data at the intervals he feels important to establish as baselines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
So I'd probably use the .csv's, but that eliminates online leagues. Which might be better, anyway, so I wouldn't have to incorporate another verification system like in ScoutingTracker.
Agreed. But . . . can you build on that code, i.e. add those items like velocity, stamina, et al? Are those all contained in .csv's?

I don't have a definitive answer to that one, but Tony probably does.
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #54
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer
 
StyxNCa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Victoria, Texas
Posts: 3,136
Thanks: 306
Thanked 229x in 136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Ok here is exactly what happens now with the new build.

1) I double click on the executable and it comes up, "Couldn't find your OOTP 10 saved_games directory. Try browsing..." I hit the "OK" button.

2) I click the "Browsing" link on the splash page thing and navigate to the League.lg folder.

3) I press the "OK" button and get a popup, ""Access to the path 'c:\defaultpath.ini' is denied." I hit the "OK" button.

4) What looks like a Windows error box pops up (see attached screen shot). I hit the "Continue" button and that windows pop up disappears and I'm back to the Scouting Tracker splash page (the one with the Browsing link at the bottom) and that's it. Nothing happens from there, it just sits.

Thanks for being so patient with me, I'm a bit of a dumbass about this kind of stuff.
If you are using Vista, try running it as administrator.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #55
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,454
Thanks: 4,353
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Back to nothing happening with the SctTracker. The program starts, I select my league, it loads the league, the dates are fixed at 4/17 in both start and end, and selecting the team or any checkbox nothing happens. What'd I miss? And what files do I delete from where to go clean slate and reinstall all over again if I must?
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #56
Tony M
Global Moderator
 
Tony M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 6,156
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 41
Thanked 328x in 190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Back to nothing happening with the SctTracker. The program starts, I select my league, it loads the league, the dates are fixed at 4/17 in both start and end, and selecting the team or any checkbox nothing happens. What'd I miss? And what files do I delete from where to go clean slate and reinstall all over again if I must?
I probably need to check that the dat reading DLL works fine with 10.4.31 and send it to neags so he can recompile his code.
__________________
This signature is intentionally blank
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #57
Tony M
Global Moderator
 
Tony M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 6,156
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 41
Thanked 328x in 190 posts
I've sent the updated dll to neags.
__________________
This signature is intentionally blank
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #58
endgame
Hall Of Famer
 
endgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,454
Thanks: 4,353
Thanked 4,030x in 2,168 posts
Thanks, Tony.
__________________
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett
_____________________________________________
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #59
cody8200
Hall Of Famer
 
cody8200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,379
Thanks: 1,837
Thanked 1,147x in 474 posts
Any update on this guys? Still not working with 10.31
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #60
Neags23
All Star Starter
 
Neags23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,532
Thanks: 30
Thanked 35x in 21 posts
Sorry for the delay, everyone. I haven't had time to deal with this.

I'll probably try to get a new download up today or tomorrow, but I really don't have time to test it. I'll just cross my fingers that it works with Tony's updated dll.
__________________
Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball
1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions!
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments