Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,425
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 155
Thanked 1,527x in 604 posts
Post OOTP and Strategy First

As some of you noticed, Strategy First has produced a version of OOTP 10 with their own branding.

We are currently working through some stuff with Strategy First, and will post as soon as we can with clarifications on pricing, support, and patching for the Strategy First version of the game.

As of now, you cannot patch the Strategy First version of the game with the patch files found on our site.

Update: We have settled the issues and the patch for the Strategy First version of OOTP will be available shortly on their site!

Thanks for your patience,

OOTP Developments
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 07-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
chimanbj
All Star Reserve
 
chimanbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 786
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8x in 7 posts
What's really interesting is that none of their games seem to be priced higher than $15. How did this come about?
__________________
People ask if I'm a Cubs or White Sox fan...I tell them, proudly, I'm a Phillies Phan!
chimanbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Pike
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Well you $29.99 pre-order guys should be feeling great about right now.

It's funny, I've heard the phrase "To Good To Be True" more times than I know, and still haven't learned that lesson yet.

Markus, PM sent. SF is not replying to my emails, I'm counting on your organization being more upstanding than that.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The big smoke
Posts: 14,638
Thanks: 5,243
Thanked 5,172x in 3,160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimanbj View Post
What's really interesting is that none of their games seem to be priced higher than $15. How did this come about?
Even more interesting the first game you see is priced higher than $15. OOTP at $19.99.



Sorry, couldn't resist.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

"We're supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?"

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,036
Thanks: 5,534
Thanked 39,416x in 6,114 posts
We have to discuss things with SF, communication is problematic right now.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 07-02-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Pike
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Even more interesting the first game you see is priced higher than $15. OOTP at $19.99.



Sorry, couldn't resist.
Most of the games are junk bin titles. That's how the prices are so low. I'm still trying to figure out why Markus would make OOTP available to an outfit like this, and questioning myself as to why I would buy from them.

Fingers crossed that Markus comes through here. I've got faith.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern Va., Loudoun County
Posts: 1,837
Thanks: 183
Thanked 374x in 174 posts
I know this is going to come off wrong, PO a couple of folks, and maybe even derail the thread, but I can't help it after reading the other two threads and not commenting, and now another reference here in this one. So, here goes anyway.

I don't understand why anyone would care if someone else got the game at a better (or worse) price. I pre-ordered, and am in NO WAY WHATSOEVER, upset, jealous, angry or whatever at those who got it for less than what I paid. I got the game almost a full month before them and two days before "non-pre-orders" just as promised; I knew the price when I paid it - just like any other product I buy and agreed to buy it; and I knew that the price could and most likely would change at some point in the future just like any other product.

I've had a few complaints about OOTP, and still do, but their marketing and sales efforts isn't one of them. And I'm posting this not to start an argument but to insist that the feeling that us pre-orderers are somehow upset over the Strategy First purchasers IS NOT unanimous, even if the posting prior to this one was.

YMMV...
__________________
I believed in drug testing a long time ago. In the 60's I tested everything. - Bill Lee
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Kobeck (11-11-2009)
Old 07-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newark, Notts, UK
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 15,229
Thanked 1,077x in 719 posts
Call in the lawyers!
__________________

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
Pike
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
I know this is going to come off wrong, PO a couple of folks, and maybe even derail the thread, but I can't help it after reading the other two threads and not commenting, and now another reference here in this one. So, here goes anyway.

I don't understand why anyone would care if someone else got the game at a better (or worse) price. I pre-ordered, and am in NO WAY WHATSOEVER, upset, jealous, angry or whatever at those who got it for less than what I paid. I got the game almost a full month before them and two days before "non-pre-orders" just as promised; I knew the price when I paid it - just like any other product I buy and agreed to buy it; and I knew that the price could and most likely would change at some point in the future just like any other product.

I've had a few complaints about OOTP, and still do, but their marketing and sales efforts isn't one of them. And I'm posting this not to start an argument but to insist that the feeling that us pre-orderers are somehow upset over the Strategy First purchasers IS NOT unanimous, even if the posting prior to this one was.

YMMV...
That was my point as well yesterday, even before finding out that I've basically purchased a bootleg copy of the game.

I think, as I said yesterday, that most would have been happy to pay the $10 for getting the game a full month or more than this $20 version. Add in this mess about the patch, and well.....you guys are smelling pretty good.

What isn't good, is buying from what you think is a legit source, and then finding out its legit but about to be unsupported.

Markus - I understand that what they are doing is against what you told them to do. But hanging folks like myself to dry does nothing to them. Their reputation with me is cemented regardless. Whether you put a supported patch on this site is what decides the OOTP side of this. I've been buying since OOTP 6--every version at full price except for OOTP 2007. I can't see where adding patch support for this version is unfair. And as I mentioned, if it means paying the extra $20, so be it.

Last edited by Pike; 07-01-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
Pike
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
As some of you noticed, Strategy First has produced a boxed version of OOTP 10 with their own branding.

We are currently working through some stuff with Strategy First, and will post as soon as we can with clarifications on pricing, support, and patching for the Strategy First version of the game.

As of now, you cannot patch the Strategy First version of the game with the patch files found on our site.

Thanks for your patience,

OOTP Developments
Also, it is not a boxed version, it is a download version.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,426
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
What is interesting though is that text sims are generally direct downloads from the company who makes them and have a fixed price point set by that company. This is in contrast with most products which are sold retail and because of the large array of companies that sell the product there will always be sales and price undercutting and customers look for it will always hear of a better deal that they missed out on. Still, I understand those who are upset that they paid X amount and the price drops so suddenly here because it is unique to this particular product type.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The big smoke
Posts: 14,638
Thanks: 5,243
Thanked 5,172x in 3,160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
That was my point as well yesterday, even before finding out that I've basically purchased a bootleg copy of the game.

I think, as I said yesterday, that most would have been happy to pay the $10 for getting the game a full month or more than this $20 version. Add in this mess about the patch, and well.....you guys are smelling pretty good.

What isn't good, is buying from what you think is a legit source, and then finding out its legit but about to be unsupported.
Markus has clearly indicated they are not legit ie what they offered was not authorized. I can't imagine why OOTP would be expected to support this.

Based on the info available you have a slam dunk case for a refund from Strategy First. Your CC provider will very likely assist you.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

"We're supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?"

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,426
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Markus has clearly indicated they are not legit ie what they offered was not authorized. I can't imagine why OOTP would be expected to support this.

Based on the info available you have a slam dunk case for a refund from Strategy First. Your CC provider will very likely assist you.
Actually it appears them offering the game is indeed legit. What was a not part of their agreement was the price cut. If the game is not going to be supported I will want a refund from them and I will look at purchasing OOTP X at a future time when their is an official price cut. It's been a while since I bought a version of OOTP, but I know Markus always does the right thing, so I am not worried that this situation will work out one way or another.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,425
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 155
Thanked 1,527x in 604 posts
Guys, there are a lot of assumptions going on above about what will or won't happen, and who is or isn't "in the right." There's no point in getting riled up talking about what is supported or not supported right now. This could be as simple as a mis-communication between the two companies that just needs to be cleared up.

Let's just wait for Markus and Strategy First to come to an agreement, and we'll move forward from there as best we can, OK?

Thanks!

Steve
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
Pike
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Guys, there are a lot of assumptions going on above about what will or won't happen, and who is or isn't "in the right." There's no point in getting riled up talking about what is supported or not supported right now. This could be as simple as a mis-communication between the two companies that just needs to be cleared up.

Let's just wait for Markus and Strategy First to come to an agreement, and we'll move forward from there as best we can, OK?

Thanks!

Steve
That's fine, though a response to my PM would be nice. I'm getting nothing from SF either, and it's frustrating when you seem to be getting ignored by both sides.

Sorry if I have come across as impatient or unreasonable. As I've been saying, I have full faith that Markus will not let me down.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer
 
StyxNCa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Victoria, Texas
Posts: 3,136
Thanks: 306
Thanked 229x in 136 posts
Who is Strategy First? I never heard of them.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
Afino
Hall Of Famer
 
Afino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,828
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 702x in 426 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
Who is Strategy First? I never heard of them.
Ask Bill "Spaceball" Lee! Or whatever his name is.
__________________
GUBA: Moscow Enforcers

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter
 
NCBeachBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Topsail Island, NC, USA
Posts: 1,039
Thanks: 27
Thanked 171x in 93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Ask Bill "Spaceball" Lee! Or whatever his name is.
Dude. C'mon. Spaceman. Bill "Spaceman" Lee. Lefty pitcher for the BoSox. Half nuts. Threw an eephus. Threatened to bite an ump's ear off. Constantly opined on the medical benefits of his MJ use. You gotta know the Spaceman.
__________________
And ain't that a shame, shame, shame
Shame, shame, the way you do
Oh, it's a shame, shame, shame
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer
 
Killebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,326
Thanks: 120
Thanked 50x in 25 posts
I don't care about this deal screwing over the pre-order folks, but it can't be good for the OOTP coffers to have a niche game like this at 50% off within weeks of release.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer
 
Raidergoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,982
Thanks: 498
Thanked 596x in 305 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
I don't care about this deal screwing over the pre-order folks, but it can't be good for the OOTP coffers to have a niche game like this at 50% off within weeks of release.
All Strategy First titles are on sale 50% off right now. It is not just OOTP.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments