Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
gemini615
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
Playing without trading

I've been considering creating a league with trading turned off. I'm thinking this will force me to be much more thorough when selecting draft picks and much more careful when signing free agents or extending players. No longer would I be able to trade away a bad contract, so I'll have to consider everything when it comes to those 33 year old veterans seeking 5 year deals with declining fielding ratings.
Does anyone have any experience playing the game with trading turned off? How do you like it and what are some other ways the game might be impacted by not trading players?
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Reserve

Thanked 320x in 217 posts
I tried this once with historic players, and from 1946 to 1956.

Essentially, there was no free agency. Every AI team kept every player who had even a small degree of talent. If a team produced two great catchers, there was no way to get that second backstop off that team. They could not utilize him to upgrade at another position.

So it kind of stagnated and I won't try this again.
gemini615 (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
stevem810
All Star Reserve

Thanked 374x in 240 posts
You might consider using the setting 'very hard' for trades. I've not done it, but it may accomplish your goal while allowing some movement.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote