Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
krpotter
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Random Historical Draft Problem

Hello Everyone,

I've taken a look through the forums and couldn't find a post on this issue yet. I've been creating random debut historical leagues from 1917-18 onward. Everything always starts fine, but at some point the amateur drafts end up completely empty, as in no new players are generated to be drafted. The year this happens varies every time. Once was in the 1933 season, another in 1925, and the game I started today went blank in the 1919-1920 season.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. It seems so random.
Attached Images
Image 
krpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:38 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 9,608
Thanks: 96
Thanked 8,583x in 2,892 posts
Ah, you're playing in the western league, I wonder if that's the issue. Their draft only selects players from the western provinces and states, so since the draft pool is completely randomized and relatively small in those years it may be empty of WCHL/PCHA-eligible players. I'll do some testing and see if that's it, and if there's a way we can avoid it happening.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
krpotter (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
krpotter
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Thanks for looking into this.This has happened playing as an NHL GM as well.
krpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
krpotter
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Update with an NHL save file.
Attached Images
Image 
krpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
Edster007
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 351
Thanks: 129
Thanked 117x in 81 posts
I started a random debut in 1967 and the 1968 draft had no players. I am in August of 1978 currently and haven't had an issue since. I just assumed nobody was of age since it was the first random debut draft class.

BTW loving playing in this mode hope it gets developed further in future versions.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 9,608
Thanks: 96
Thanked 8,583x in 2,892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krpotter View Post
Update with an NHL save file.
Now that's weird, and I can't think of an explanation for it at that point in the NHL. And I haven't been able to replicate the empty western league draft, either. Can you upload the save and we'll try to see what's happened there? Uploading instructions here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:41 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 9,608
Thanks: 96
Thanked 8,583x in 2,892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I started a random debut in 1967 and the 1968 draft had no players. I am in August of 1978 currently and haven't had an issue since. I just assumed nobody was of age since it was the first random debut draft class.

BTW loving playing in this mode hope it gets developed further in future versions.
Ah, that's going to be caused by the draft age jumping to 20 in 1968. With a 67 start, the normal group of generated draft players won't be old enough for that first draft. The 75 draft will probably have the same problem with a 74 start. I think we'll have to adjust the starting-year random debut setup a bit to account for the years where there's an upward change in the draft age.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
Edster007
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 351
Thanks: 129
Thanked 117x in 81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Ah, that's going to be caused by the draft age jumping to 20 in 1968. With a 67 start, the normal group of generated draft players won't be old enough for that first draft. The 75 draft will probably have the same problem with a 74 start. I think we'll have to adjust the starting-year random debut setup a bit to account for the years where there's an upward change in the draft age.
I didn't think it was at 20 years old 1968. Michel Plasse was 19 and picked first overall in 1968. He turned 19 a couple of weeks prior to draft.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #9
Edster007
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 351
Thanks: 129
Thanked 117x in 81 posts
Should have looked it prior to posting but Hockeydb has the year wrong he was born June 1 1948, not 1949 as they list.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=4314

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...plassmi01.html
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:07 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 9,608
Thanks: 96
Thanked 8,583x in 2,892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Should have looked it prior to posting but Hockeydb has the year wrong he was born June 1 1948, not 1949 as they list.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=4314

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...plassmi01.html
I'll get that changed in ours. Odd that HR had it correct, but the hockey databank project database, where our data for him most likely came from, had it wrong, they're usually the same. Unless I saw the mistaken hockeydb date and some point and 'corrected' it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #11
krpotter
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Now that's weird, and I can't think of an explanation for it at that point in the NHL. And I haven't been able to replicate the empty western league draft, either. Can you upload the save and we'll try to see what's happened there? Uploading instructions here.
I'll upload the files later today. Thank you!
krpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments