Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
rropuma07
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
How do achieves work in challenge mode work?

Hi all,

I've been tinkering around with challenge mode (hoping to get one of those elusive packs). I can't seem to figure out how some of the in-game achievements work.

I seem to be getting the longer term achievements (e.g. POTM, end of season awards, etc) but the achievements that are earned in one game are not showing up. I had a pitcher throw multiple CGSOs without an achieve. At first I thought this was because I was just simming through the days and not actually playing the games. Then after playing some games I had a player get 4 hits and my team scored 6 runs in one inning and nothing. Am I missing something?
rropuma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #2
wolfslice
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 16x in 12 posts
I'm new to challenge mode (and OOTP in general) myself, but one thing I've read is that wont get the achievements if you have the AI controlling pitching and hitting. You can set defense to the AI and it will still award the achievements though, afiak.

So far I did receive one pack in the 14 achievements I've got so far (2 were repeat achievements).

Hopefully someone else will answer that has played a lot more challenge mode.
wolfslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
chazzycat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 51x in 35 posts
I've played 2.5 seasons in challenge mode, earned plenty of achievements but not gotten any packs yet. I simmed most of the games but played through maybe 6-8 or so (opening day, playoffs). Won my division, won a batting title, traded for an all star, satisfied several owner goals, plenty of others. And at least 5 achievements from the games I played (multi-HR games, etc.)

Not complaining at all, I enjoy challenge mode and was gonna play anyway. But I did honestly expect to earn at least 1 pack by now.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
Weaseltail
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
Here's what I can tell you from my experience . . . .

I have played six Challenge seasons and received four packs so far.

The packs have been awarded for different achievements, some mid-season and others during/after the playoffs.

I sim all the games and that hasn't seemed to impact receiving packs.

The pack awards appear to be random and not tied to any particular type of achievement (although the achievement level does seem to matter, see below).

I believe all the packs were awarded after receiving silver level or better achievements, which is consistent with what the developers have said in the past (higher % chance to get packs with silver/gold achievements than with bronze).

I don't know how long the cool down period is, but I believe it is at most two days. It may be shorter. It could also be tied to something other than real time (like in-game time, number or achievements, etc.).

You can earn packs for each of your teams if you have more than one, and they appear to be on separate cool down timers. For example, last night I received a pack when I was logged in to a Challenge game with one of my accounts/teams (I have 3 total in PT, which I believe is the max allowed). I then logged into another team, started a new Challenge game, and received another pack for the second team.

When you are awarded a pack, an in-game pop up appears. You can't miss it.

Last edited by Weaseltail; 12-04-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
chazzycat (12-04-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
chazzycat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 51x in 35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaseltail View Post
You can earn packs for each of your teams if you have more than one, and they appear to be on separate cool down timers. For example, last night I received a pack when I was logged in to a Challenge game with one of my accounts/teams (I have 3 total in PT, which I believe is the max allowed). I then logged into another team, started a new Challenge game, and received another pack for the second team.

When you are awarded a pack, an in-game pop up appears. You can't miss it.
you're making it sound so easy...I'm onto my 5th season now, dozens of achievements and still not a single pack
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
Weaseltail
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
you're making it sound so easy...I'm onto my 5th season now, dozens of achievements and still not a single pack
I may have jinxed myself because I've now gone three seasons since I posted without a single pack. And the best card I've drawn in the packs I have won has been a low silver I didn't need.
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #7
chazzycat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 51x in 35 posts
I finished my 5th season, won the WS, manager of the year & MVP this time. Also had the HR champ, 50 save streak...tons of trophies. no packs. Kinda would be nice to get at least 1 to know it's working at this point.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:22 PM   #8
wolfslice
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 16x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
I finished my 5th season, won the WS, manager of the year & MVP this time. Also had the HR champ, 50 save streak...tons of trophies. no packs. Kinda would be nice to get at least 1 to know it's working at this point.
Yeah honestly, it's just probably set to a super duper low frequency. In terms of payout, I've played about 15 hours of challenge mode and got 1 pack. At a value of $1 in the store, that is like 6 or 7 cents an hour they are kindly bestowing on us.

If they're trying to find the balance between fun and rewarding and not heavily impacting their sales, I think they've skewed way too far to sales part because it doesn't really feel rewarding at all in its current state.

Whatever, maybe they'll boost it up a bit-- though from what I've seen of their tactics it'll likely be OOTP20 if they change it at all.
wolfslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #9
Hrycaj
All Star Reserve

Thanked 143x in 96 posts
Just to add. I started a new challenge mode as a gm only in 1871. I have won the division 9 consecutive years and the series 4 times. I have received 1 pack and it was for a bronze achievement.

I was simply replaying the 1927 season as the Yankees for a bit in gm only mode because I thought that gave me the most chances to earn achievements. In about 7 replays I picked up one pack. So in conclusion I think it is just set to be very sporadic. Haven't been able to figure out the cool down timer as well. I'm not a huge fan of challenge mode because I don't care for the locked settings. But if you like the mode you will eventually get some packs.

Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #10
AirmenSmith
All Star Starter

Thanked 267x in 159 posts
I got 2 packs in 1 week. 1 was a gold pack with an Antony Rizzo!!

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #11
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Thanked 999x in 641 posts
I played some challenge just to see if i could get it. I never play it. Didn't get any notification, but logged into perfect team today for the first time in 3 or 4 days and had a gold pack sitting there....so i guess i got it from challenge, as i certainly didn't buy it.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #12
Will_L
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 4 posts
Got a pack today for a complete game shutout. First challenge season for me and only 15 games in and only playing as manager, hate my GM already :-)
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 PM   #13
chazzycat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 51x in 35 posts
I finally got one. Had to resort to the 1927 Yankees...not proud of myself...but it worked.

Got nothing decent, of course.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:15 AM   #14
whobob
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Well, it looks like other people have my luck, too. 50+ bronze achievements, 5 silver and 2 gold, and none yet. I thought it might be broken for me.
whobob is offline   Reply With Quote