Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
ShiBDiB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 22x in 8 posts
Exclamation Ballpark Factors

Should these be in the game?

I can understand location/weather being editable when you make your team but everything else seems to be questionable for a multiplayer game.

Now if they were randomly generated on team creation (based on edittable park size with min/max boundaries) I would be all for them as it would make each park unique. But they should not be able to just be edited by the player IMO.

Last edited by ShiBDiB; 11-08-2018 at 09:05 PM.
ShiBDiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #2
Cactusguy21
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 28x in 22 posts
I agree, they shouldn't be editable, though I see no reason why they can't be randomly generated like you said.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
TBPauly
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
I would either have a neutral setting that uses an average of current MLB parks, or the ability to use any park past or present. That'd be it. The ability to alter the parks any other way I wouldn't be in favor of.
TBPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
ninerduck (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
mikezone13
Major Leagues

Thanked 105x in 73 posts
Park factors are limited between .800 and 1.200 and can only be edited in the first few days (in game) of the season, think it might be first 30 days, can't recall exactly.

AFBL New Jersey Athletics

FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
HSBL Minnesota Twins
HTRDL LA Dodgers - defunct league
PBF Commish only
SBC Commish only
TBC Lincoln Larks
WBF Kurashiki Cherry Blossoms - defunct league
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
ninerduck (11-09-2018), Ormondbeachdan (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
Matty86
Major Leagues

Thanked 35x in 24 posts
There should be cards to draw different real life parks both current and from history.

That way we can build teams around the parks that we draw and choose, plus one more thing to collect in the future.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (11-09-2018), Dark Horse (11-09-2018), Josquin (11-09-2018), ninerduck (11-09-2018), yoye (11-09-2018), zrog2000 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 03:57 AM   #6
yoye
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
There should be cards to draw different real life parks both current and from history.

That way we can build teams around the parks that we draw and choose, plus one more thing to collect in the future.
This
yoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #7
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 46x in 25 posts
as long as there is a limit on dimensions, fences etc I see no problem and of course limited to perhaps one change per "season" or something like that..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #8
Kushiel
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 28x in 16 posts
I went looking at real ML parks and the mod for my pool draw team, I wanted to find a fit for what I had. There are all shapes and sizes and if you add the shop mod, anybody can find a place to play.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
BigB
Bat Boy

Thanked 6x in 3 posts
I dont think the wall dimensions have any effect on the sim. You can set the wall as short as you want, to the point every hit would be a home run. Doesn't seem to change the game for me.

Now the batting average, doubles/triples, HR average definitely affects gameplay. I set my park to be as hitter friendly as possible and it shows. 30th in ERA, 1st in AVG, HR, Runs.

My best game to date.
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Whoofe (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #10
ecd1973
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 104x in 55 posts
The dimensions are cosmetic, but the park factors absolutely affect the results. In my league the factors are locked because we are more than 7 games into the season. What is the limit (upper and lower) you can set these to? It seems like these should either just be randomized and not editable, or limited to a certain range maybe.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #11
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,813x in 1,288 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I dont think the wall dimensions have any effect on the sim. You can set the wall as short as you want, to the point every hit would be a home run. Doesn't seem to change the game for me.

Now the batting average, doubles/triples, HR average definitely affects gameplay. I set my park to be as hitter friendly as possible and it shows. 30th in ERA, 1st in AVG, HR, Runs.
That's how it works in standard OOTP, too. The dimensions are just aesthetic, so you could have a 1500-foot CF fence, and you'll be seeing 1550-foot home runs. It's the park factors that have an effect on the engine.

Also, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to edit our park factors. I've said it before, I would be totally down for "building" a park with acquired cards, which would be really neat, but right now park factors are a real part of the strategy, and thus should be editable. I specifically noticed that all of my power hitters are right-handed, so before next season I'm going to go in and make it harder for lefties to hit home runs, which should help me out a little bit in most matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
What is the limit (upper and lower) you can set these to? It seems like these should either just be randomized and not editable, or limited to a certain range maybe.
They're capped at .800 and 1.200
Fyrestorm3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #12
Galeg
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 69x in 47 posts
Where can the park be edited? I didn't see it anywhere in the team customization.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #13
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 335x in 221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
Where can the park be edited? I didn't see it anywhere in the team customization.
Go here. That link takes you where you can pick your park. i don't think you can change ballpark factors. But you can change your 3D model; which is cool is you like to watch the highlights or replays.
Attached Images

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Galeg (11-09-2018)