Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Llamaboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Sort team stats?

Is there any way to sort team stats? If so, where the heck is it? If not, that's something that I would love to see added in the future.
Llamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,765x in 1,426 posts
if you go into league/team history area and go to your team, you can see various top lists... i thin there's an overall list like other screens, but could be wrong.

at the least you have per season as well as overall history with top ~10 names for various stats.

i do have a memory of looking at a "normal" list, like you see in lineups or FA list etc. some variation to the drop down options, but similar, nonetheless. been a bit too long to be clear.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
Llamaboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
I suppose I wasn't clear in my original post. I'm looking to sort the overall team stats in the current season, for example seeing how close I am to the team ahead of me in runs for example. The "Team stats" page gives me some of the info, but it can't be sorted based on what I've seen.
Llamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NoOne (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
cbbl
All Star Reserve

Thanked 15x in 10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamaboy View Post
I suppose I wasn't clear in my original post. I'm looking to sort the overall team stats in the current season, for example seeing how close I am to the team ahead of me in runs for example. The "Team stats" page gives me some of the info, but it can't be sorted based on what I've seen.
You are correct. Player statistics are sortable, but team statistics are not. You could export the data to a .csv file and sort it in a spreadsheet. To do this go to the Database tab under Game Settings, click Database Tools, and select "Export data to CSV files". Look for the resulting file "team_batting_stats.csv", "team_pitching_stats.csv", or "team_fielding_stats.csv". You'll need to know your team's ID to find which row applies to you. To find that, under your team's Team Settings, look for the field "Internal Team ID".

cbbl

Last edited by cbbl; 04-21-2019 at 07:28 PM.
cbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NoOne (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

do what cbbl says, and in the spreadsheet program use a 'link' to create a data table for each exported file. don't do any direct work on those linked data tables. that way you simply have to update links to re-use in future.

once you create a "front end" on a Output worksheet, it will always refresh each time you update those data tables with new exports.

=sheet!.team_picthing_stats.a1 etc (i foreget exact format, but it's close, lol..)... or just go click on the cell after typeing "=" on the output sheet and mimica that. once you create 1 row, simply highlight entire row and fill down. it'll autincrement all the cell addresses and you will have the entire table done in a few clicks.

then summation function on the columns or whatever needs to be done.

you could make macro buttons above each column to sort ascending and descending.

do it this way and you have a 'shell' ready to use each time you export.

share it on the mods forum, if you like.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-21-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #6
dbl4868
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 12x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbl View Post
You are correct. Player statistics are sortable, but team statistics are not. You could export the data to a .csv file and sort it in a spreadsheet. To do this go to the Database tab under Game Settings, click Database Tools, and select "Export data to CSV files". Look for the resulting file "team_batting_stats.csv", "team_pitching_stats.csv", or "team_fielding_stats.csv". You'll need to know your team's ID to find which row applies to you. To find that, under your team's Team Settings, look for the field "Internal Team ID".

cbbl
The Team sortable stats is lacking. We should not have to do any of what you stated in your post. We should be able to sort the team stats by HR, BAVG, OBP, etc....It would also be nice to add in runs per game for each team. I hope OOTP can update the sortable team stats page.

Last edited by dbl4868; 04-22-2019 at 12:46 AM.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Cobbiusto (04-22-2019), low (04-24-2019), Walsh06 (04-22-2019), whaleheader (05-12-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 01:56 AM   #7
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Thanked 154x in 104 posts
I agree, everytime I go to the team stats page I instinctively click the heading for each column expecting it to sort itself. Its fairly annoying have a big table of stats but having to manually parse it to find the top homeruns, runs etc...
Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 AM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,550x in 2,138 posts
Yes, this has been requested for a long time, not sure why it's still lacking.

The best you can do is open the Team Batting Report (the "Report" is different from the stats page) and sort by division. Not ideal by any means but it helps a little bit.

Frustrating though that we can't sort them the same as we can player stats.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #9
swoboda
All Star Reserve

Thanked 449x in 228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Yes, this has been requested for a long time, not sure why it's still lacking.

The best you can do is open the Team Batting Report (the "Report" is different from the stats page) and sort by division. Not ideal by any means but it helps a little bit.

Frustrating though that we can't sort them the same as we can player stats.

I agree, I have brought this up in this forum a couple of times before in past years. Let's keep it alive for OOTP XXI.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think he just meant it as a helpful suggestion if you want it now... not that you have to.

there's some stat-related mods that may already do this, too. statslab maybe? i don't use it, so not 100% sure on its function.