Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

World Series Special! OOTP 19 is 75% Off Until Nov. 1!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Online Leagues

FHM 2 - Online Leagues Looking to join an online league, or are you looking for new members for your own league? Post about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5
Thanked 121x in 66 posts
Major League Hockey | 20 Teams | Fictional League

.

Last edited by checkyoursixx; 11-16-2015 at 11:09 AM.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Garethw87 (04-21-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 55
Thanked 81x in 57 posts
Already signed up and can't wait to get this going!
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #3
Garethw87
FHM Moderator
 
Garethw87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 734
Thanks: 2,035
Thanked 303x in 179 posts
Nice to see some early excitement!
__________________
I like European Ice Hockey & Basketball

FHM Moderator / Tester
Garethw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #4
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 55
Thanked 81x in 57 posts
I'm not even a huge hockey fan and I'm excited for this. Hope we can get 20 dedicated owners to start this league up on the right foot.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5
Thanked 121x in 66 posts
I expect more interest closer to the release of FHM 2. Don't hesistate to sign up to the forums if interested!
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #6
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 459
Thanked 585x in 434 posts
Are you going to keep the forums public for reading? I'm sure that some of us who are not buying FHM2 would like to read your experiences with it. No need to comment on them obviously as we are not involved but reading could be valuable.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5
Thanked 121x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Are you going to keep the forums public for reading? I'm sure that some of us who are not buying FHM2 would like to read your experiences with it. No need to comment on them obviously as we are not involved but reading could be valuable.
For sure! I have no intentions on making it private.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
AlpineSK (04-23-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #8
Cole
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,533
Thanks: 705
Thanked 1,658x in 608 posts
Sounds neat.Question though, when you say completely fictional universe do you mean fictitious city names and everything? Or simply just the fact it's a fictional league, meaning no Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, etc. ?

I assume the latter, but I wanted to be sure...
__________________
Former PR & Marketing Manager for Franchise Hockey Manager and former OOTPD Text Writer
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Thanks: 5
Thanked 38x in 6 posts
That's sound amazing but i have literally no confidence in my sim management capacity >_> maybe in a few months after release but right now i don't feel ready. Is it possible to be added to a 'future expansion' list ? :P

There is also the fact that i dont know either how an online game is played so i might just be useless xD

I'll keep an eye on this forum most likely !
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:00 AM   #10
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 55
Thanked 81x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
That's sound amazing but i have literally no confidence in my sim management capacity >_> maybe in a few months after release but right now i don't feel ready. Is it possible to be added to a 'future expansion' list ? :P

There is also the fact that i dont know either how an online game is played so i might just be useless xD

I'll keep an eye on this forum most likely !

Have you ever played a sports text sim before? I remember when I first started playing them I was very hesitant to join an online league because I didn't think I would be ready. Honestly, playing single player leagues won't ever fully prepare you for an online league.

If you have any interest in joining any online league my suggestion is to just jump right in. As a new manager to the online side of the game you have to be ready to make mistakes and learn from it. If you're the type of GM who can't take the fact that you lost a trade then it could get frustrating. But if you are willing to work through any mistakes or withstand a rebuild then get in this league now.

With online leagues I have learned the most from the community that the league builds. It's pretty obvious which GMs are knowledgeable and as long as you pick their brains on what they know and any suggestions they have for you then you will be fine.

That was just a round about way of saying JOIN THIS LEAGUE!
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Evok (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #11
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Thanks: 5
Thanked 38x in 6 posts
You are right Rizzo, it will actually motivate me more to learn and play ! I might struggle in the first few years but im pretty sure once i get the ropes it'll be better. Let's jump in then !
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #12
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5
Thanked 121x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Sounds neat.Question though, when you say completely fictional universe do you mean fictitious city names and everything? Or simply just the fact it's a fictional league, meaning no Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, etc. ?

I assume the latter, but I wanted to be sure...
Hi Cole,

Fictional Players but real cities. Just no NHL teams of that sort. As much as I enjoy fictional leagues I'd rather not create a new Roman Empire and Elven Kingdom
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cole (04-25-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #13
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5
Thanked 121x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
You are right Rizzo, it will actually motivate me more to learn and play ! I might struggle in the first few years but im pretty sure once i get the ropes it'll be better. Let's jump in then !
No worries Evok, everyone starts somewhere. I am always available for questions and help when the league does in fact begin.

I don't have all the answers seeing as FHM 2 has not released yet but it should be an easier learning curve then OOTP simply because you won't have to manage 4 other minor league teams.

Things will be kept very simple. One Pro league, One farm league and thats it. Assuming this can be done.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #14
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 55
Thanked 81x in 57 posts
And for the record I have never played a hockey sim so while I know my way around online leagues I have zero experience in the sport of hockey.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:47 PM   #15
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)
 
Hank1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Posts: 107
Thanks: 84
Thanked 39x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Have you ever played a sports text sim before? I remember when I first started playing them I was very hesitant to join an online league because I didn't think I would be ready. Honestly, playing single player leagues won't ever fully prepare you for an online league.

If you have any interest in joining any online league my suggestion is to just jump right in. As a new manager to the online side of the game you have to be ready to make mistakes and learn from it. If you're the type of GM who can't take the fact that you lost a trade then it could get frustrating. But if you are willing to work through any mistakes or withstand a rebuild then get in this league now.

With online leagues I have learned the most from the community that the league builds. It's pretty obvious which GMs are knowledgeable and as long as you pick their brains on what they know and any suggestions they have for you then you will be fine.

That was just a round about way of saying JOIN THIS LEAGUE!
Well said.
I never played OOTP before in my life and I jumped into an online league.
I've made some mistakes along the way, but the league I'm in has a great bunch of guys, and really I don't sweat the mistakes.
It's been pure fun. So much so, I don't know if I'll ever have to, or want to play another console sports game again.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:03 PM   #16
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 55
Thanked 81x in 57 posts
Console sports are dead to be as well. Not only do I not have the time to play out games but I find much more joy in managing teams to wins rather than using stick skills. Plus when you find an online league to play in you get a great community to enjoy the game with that you won't ever get with console games.

I've jumped into an OOTP league myself and made my own mistakes. I'm currently reading Money Ball and hoping I learn a thing or two from it lol.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Hank1974 (04-27-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 12:50 AM   #17
Cole
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,533
Thanks: 705
Thanked 1,658x in 608 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post

Things will be kept very simple. One Pro league, One farm league and thats it. Assuming this can be done.
It can be
__________________
Former PR & Marketing Manager for Franchise Hockey Manager and former OOTPD Text Writer
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #18
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)
 
Hank1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Posts: 107
Thanks: 84
Thanked 39x in 18 posts
Great stuff checkyoursixx.
If you don't mind me lending my worthless $.02, don't give the owners too much carte blanche.

I ran an FHL league once where I was way too diplomatic.
Trying to please everyone led to nobody being pleased.

Don't feel bad about setting the rules and sticking to them.
Once the season begins, evaluate what rules could be changed, and have all the GM's vote.

Rule with an Iron Fist!!
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #19
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 55
Thanked 81x in 57 posts
Yes the commish needs to come up with rules and force everyone to play by them. Can't feel bad.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5
Thanked 121x in 66 posts
Still looking for GMs. Get in while it's fresh!
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments