Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.6 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 3 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Out of the Park Baseball 18 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #21
wallewalls
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 57x in 29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt View Post
So I'm guessing you WIN your wildcard, playoff games unlike myself and a few others who have been victims of AI cheating
Nope. In my main save I'm like 1-4 in wild card games.But I have never blamed it on AI cheating, it's always that I never get big starts from my ace
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #22
'94 EXPOS
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 122x in 72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Nope. In my main save I'm like 1-4 in wild card games.But I have never blamed it on AI cheating, it's always that I never get big starts from my ace
That's because the AI temporarily reduces your ace's effectiveness for that game.
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
curt (06-20-2017), wallewalls (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #23
slic1149
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 136x in 51 posts
I am trying to imagine Markus and his team, somewhere this fall, at a staff meeting discussing how to make the AI cheat, at the expense of their customers. Perhaps it would sound something like this.

Markus: Glad you all can make it. The purpose of this meeting is too discuss how badly we can screw over our paying customers with an AI programmed to cheat. The floor is now open for discussion

OOTP employee: I have an idea, we could program the AI to cheat when our customers are almost ready to win a game.

Another OOTP employee: I bet it would be even more fun to do it during the playoffs or World States

Markus: What a great idea, I think you are onto something. That should really irritate our paying customers. Heck, who knows, with a little luck I should be able to completely ruin our brand, and in a little while we will all have to get day jobs.

OOTP Staff: (in unison) Yay, what a great idea, lets do it. Otherwise I will have wasted all that money a decade ago on my spiffy resume program.

Markus: So we are all agreed. This version we will deliberately sabotage OOTP just to frustrate our customers. That way we'll all need to get new jobs, hopefully low paying ones in the service industry. OK, everyone get to work on destroying our livelihood. Meeting adjourned.
curt (06-20-2017), Fyrestorm3 (Yesterday), Hankyu Braves (06-20-2017), Honorable_Pawn (Yesterday), Klaus 74 (06-21-2017), low (06-21-2017), Lukas Berger (06-20-2017), RchW (06-21-2017), rjl518 (06-20-2017), strakapoud (06-21-2017), Sweed (06-21-2017), Winnipeg59 (06-21-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #24
tward13
All Star Starter

Thanked 296x in 167 posts
Hilarious. Ive seen the real Mets lose for a runner missing third, on a balk, basss loaded walk, dropped pop up by the 2b.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 5,905x in 3,006 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slic1149 View Post
I am trying to imagine Markus and his team, somewhere this fall, at a staff meeting discussing how to make the AI cheat, at the expense of their customers. Perhaps it would sound something like this.

Markus: Glad you all can make it. The purpose of this meeting is too discuss how badly we can screw over our paying customers with an AI programmed to cheat. The floor is now open for discussion

OOTP employee: I have an idea, we could program the AI to cheat when our customers are almost ready to win a game.

Another OOTP employee: I bet it would be even more fun to do it during the playoffs or World States

Markus: What a great idea, I think you are onto something. That should really irritate our paying customers. Heck, who knows, with a little luck I should be able to completely ruin our brand, and in a little while we will all have to get day jobs.

OOTP Staff: (in unison) Yay, what a great idea, lets do it. Otherwise I will have wasted all that money a decade ago on my spiffy resume program.

Markus: So we are all agreed. This version we will deliberately sabotage OOTP just to frustrate our customers. That way we'll all need to get new jobs, hopefully low paying ones in the service industry. OK, everyone get to work on destroying our livelihood. Meeting adjourned.
Hey, who secretly recorded and leaked the minutes of our last meeting?

Not cool

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 18!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 3!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
curt (06-21-2017), tcblcommish (06-20-2017), wallewalls (Yesterday), Winnipeg59 (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #26
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,113x in 1,397 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Hey, who secretly recorded and leaked the minutes of our last meeting?

Not cool

I knew you guys were planning world domination!
Today, a cheating OOTP AI that steals wins from games that we are playing.
Tomorrow, THE WORLD!!!

BASEBALL LIKE IT OUGHTA BE 2017---MLB & THE NY METS
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #27
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 38x in 24 posts
For added realism (cheat)....reducing your magic number from 2 to 1 to clinch a wildcard spot triggers this email......

"From the Commissioner's Office

I regret to inform all GM's that the balance of the regular season along with the post-season has been cancelled due to a breakdown in negotiations between club ownership and the MLBPA. Please take comfort in knowing that no one associated with Major League Baseball regrets this unforeseen turn of events more than I do. Our office looks forward to this issue being resolved over the next few months and I am confident next season's start date will not be affected.

Have a nice off-season!

Regards,
(Commissioner's Name)"

Last edited by Klaus 74; Yesterday at 12:46 AM.
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #28
smiller
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 100x in 69 posts
I really wish you hadn't mentioned that Cont. Alt. Del. alternative which I wasn't aware of and will now have to exercise tremendous will power to ignore. I will say there does seem to be an inordinate number of two outs, nobody on rallies in the game, but I can't object when it benefits my team.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
curt (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #29
curt
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 78x in 46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus 74 View Post
For added realism (cheat)....there are 5 games remaining in the regular season and reducing your magic number to clinch a wildcard spot from 2 to 1 triggers this email......

"From the Commissioner's Office

I regret to inform all GM's that the balance of the regular season along with the post-season has been cancelled due to a breakdown in negotiations between club ownership and the MLBPA. Please take comfort in knowing that no one associated with Major League Baseball regrets this unforeseen turn of events than myself. We do look forward to this issue being resolved over the next few months and I am confident next season's start date will not be affected.

Have a nice off-season!

Regards,
(Commissioner's Name)"
That would really suck if you were managing the Expos.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM   #30
Mat
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 27x in 20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
I really wish you hadn't mentioned that Cont. Alt. Del. alternative which I wasn't aware of and will now have to exercise tremendous will power to ignore. I will say there does seem to be an inordinate number of two outs, nobody on rallies in the game, but I can't object when it benefits my team.
Keep in mind, C+A+D will not wipe a pitchers stamina.

You can make things worse.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #31
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 695x in 393 posts
Due to last year Markus had to remove the '**** the Cubs code' and replace it with '**** the Mets code'
The code was already there, just can't let it go to waste.
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM   #32
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 763x in 625 posts
this should be stickied or someone should bump it each week
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
curt (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #33
curt
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 78x in 46 posts
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the AI first inning cheat. That's the one where you are done 4-6 runs before the end of the 1st and you have you struggle for 8 innings to make the score respectable. Unless of course the 5th inning AI cheat also kicks in and you are down another 4-6 runs.This usually happens right before an upcoming series with a strong opponent and your entire pitching staff ends up fatigued.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #34
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 15x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Due to last year Markus had to remove the '**** the Cubs code' and replace it with '**** the Mets code'
The code was already there, just can't let it go to waste.
in a show of how truly powerful OOTP has become, this code even began to affect their real-life counterparts
dannibalcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
curt (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #35
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 763x in 625 posts
The AI is actually a nerual netrowk capable of learning!
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
tcblcommish (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #36
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 482x in 261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
The AI is actually a nerual netrowk capable of learning!
Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote