Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 03-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 647x in 448 posts
requesting nameset

Has anyone created a name set for Israel? Didn't see any in the forums unless I overlooked it. I prefer Jewish name set and not muslim namesets. I am wanting to make a Israeli League.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,759x in 886 posts
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-name-set.html
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Thanks and I see you made 2 of links for it. Now I will try to find a way to add it to the game and hope it work too LOL.

Thanks again. Might need help in adding the set to game. But will try tomorrow sometime.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

It might be time to post a thread that lists all of the nameset mods, similar to the list in the schedule forum.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I agree with you on that and NOT 100% sure where to put your file in the game. Always worried I might foul up the game.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #6
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

You would need to copy and paste the Israeli names into the names.txt and first_names.txt in the game's database folder. The Israeli names are intended to replace the 39 - US (Historical) namesets. You can always do a search-and-replace to change the 39 nameset designation to something else, but supposing that you're content with that designation, then copy the Israeli names and paste over the existing US (Historical) names. I would then reload the names in OOTP just to make sure.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

being computer stupid and not wanting to risk losing files are you saying to find this designation of #39 file and replace the file or go into the file #39 and delete whats in it and move the file of the 2 I found via your post and open them up and copy those names into that file or just move the files.????

Sorry I got out of programming back in the early 90s. Todays stuff I don't keep up on
Old 03-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #8
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1. Download the Israeli name and first_name files;
  2. Open the Israeli name file. It lists the names and frequencies, along with the nameset number, which, in this case, is 39;
  3. Copy the entire list (ctrl-a then ctrl-c on Windows - I think it's the same on the Mac);
  4. Open the names.txt file in your OOTP folder (OOTP Baseball 16/database/names.txt);
  5. Select all of the names with the number 39 (they are US-Historical);
  6. With the nameset 39 names selected, paste the Israeli names to the names.txt file (ctrl-v);
  7. Save and close the names.txt file;
  8. Follow steps 2-7 with the Israeli first_names file and the first_names.txt file.
Make sure that you back up your names.txt and first_names.txt files before making any changes to them (that's one of the first things I do when I get the games, since I make so many modifications to those files) and move the copies to a separate folder.

Once you've made the changes to the names.txt and first_names.txt files, you'll need to reimport names in OOTP. You can do that by going to Game/Game Settings/Database/Database Tools/Re-import Name & Ethnicity Database.

Last edited by joefromchicago; 03-17-2016 at 10:53 AM.