Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #41
Icy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 20x in 5 posts
I don't mind second hand cards, in fact I prefer them if they are trained for more positions. But it would be great to see it before buying, so we could bid more or less depending on how trained they are.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #42
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Thanked 100x in 80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I don't mind second hand cards, in fact I prefer them if they are trained for more positions. But it would be great to see it before buying, so we could bid more or less depending on how trained they are.
I hate how it is currently especially when trying to sell a player fully trained. I see 5 other Andrelton Simmons on AH for card minimum starting bid, and a slightly higher BIN. I want to list mine higher, but the average person doesn't apply the thinking that "hmmm, it must be listed more because it's fully trained".

I wish there was a "note" option on auctions where you could say things like "trained to 100 on 3b and ss, that's why list price is higher." or something similar. OR just show the training.

People would definitely pay a premium for a fully trained card so they don't have to spend 3 seasons doing so. That has real value that the person training the card gets no credit for, at least not in the form of PP.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-21-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Watson (05-23-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #43
Argonaut
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 62x in 49 posts
I'm an OCD guy so I don't like cards with history on them. Even if they have training -- I'd rather do my own training than have someone else's dirty history. I've removed some of my cards' history accidentally, don't know how it happened. Some combination of storing them in the deactivated pile or putting them up for auction. I've tried re-creating that accident with no effect. Currently have a card on auction until next Monday so we'll see if that works.

Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #44
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 35x in 24 posts
IIRC, you have to have a card deactivated when the system resets from Sunday into Monday in order to wipe stats. I believe I read this in a thread talking about training positions because they wanted to be careful about not accidentally wiping out trained positions.I haven't tried it myself because I don't care about previous stats.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #45
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,125x in 3,520 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGuyBob View Post
IIRC, you have to have a card deactivated when the system resets from Sunday into Monday in order to wipe stats.
I will test this on Sunday night and report back.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #46
Argonaut
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 62x in 49 posts
I already tried this during the most recent reset and it didn't work. Had a bunch of cards deactivated, but when I reactivated them Monday morning they still had history. That's why the next step I'm trying is having them in the auction house during the reset.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #47
Charlatan
Major Leagues

Thanked 265x in 180 posts
You guys are funny. I like seeing a history on a player. It's interesting to see how much (or little) a player has been used prior to me getting him. And it makes them feel more alive.

Charlatan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:47 PM   #48
daves
All Star Starter

Thanked 389x in 273 posts
Just bought a used Pete Rose peak. Did not realize how bad he is hitting in perfect?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #49
Goliathus
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 76x in 46 posts
Could be a lot of factors, I wouldn't overjudge a card on past stats. For instance, if he were in a team that has all ballpark factors lowered to the bare minimum, that will certainly affect his hitting.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:15 PM   #50
daves
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Could be a lot of factors, I wouldn't overjudge a card on past stats. For instance, if he were in a team that has all ballpark factors lowered to the bare minimum, that will certainly affect his hitting.
Not sure that is it? In 4 seasons I am the 5th owner and he only hit better than .275 once.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #51
Goliathus
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 76x in 46 posts
Damn, no one trusted that card, eh? I would probably run him 3 seasons myself for science but that's me. All 4 owners are PrL?
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #52
daves
All Star Starter

Quote:
Damn, no one trusted that card, eh? I would probably run him 3 seasons myself for science but that's me. All 4 owners are PrL?

Yes Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #53
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,185x in 3,979 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Yes Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have the peak Rose, but the '69 All-Star with very similar ratings and he won the batting championship for me last week in Perfect.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:23 AM   #54
Argonaut
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 62x in 49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I don't have the peak Rose, but the '69 All-Star with very similar ratings and he won the batting championship for me last week in Perfect.
Matt, any idea on how we can clear a card's history? Leave it in the deactivated pile or up for auction for a certain length of time? Some of my cards have lost history (even from my own team), so I know it can be done. Leaving cards deactivated over the most recent Sunday night didn't work.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:12 AM   #55
daves
All Star Starter

Quote:
What makes matters worse, I bought him from the 1st place team in my division!

But he did well in my 1st 8 games. I think the other team used him as a DH.

Is there a player revenge factor rating for being sold. I am willing to bet Rose would step up and hit well if there is.

Last edited by daves; 05-23-2019 at 07:19 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #56
pappyzan
Major Leagues

Thanked 244x in 145 posts
Quote:
What makes matters worse, I bought him from the 1st place team in my division!

But he did well in my 1st 8 games. I think the other team used him as a DH.

Is there a player revenge factor rating for being sold. I am willing to bet Rose would step up and hit well if there is.
Ha, yeh I gave that card nearly 5 months of playing time and was a little surprised he never came around on my team. I liked his ratings for 2Bs and BBs but it just didn't work out at the plate for Rose 92.

I'd bet he comes around for you, but I hope it's not this week.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #57
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,125x in 3,520 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Ha, yeh I gave that card nearly 5 months of playing time and was a little surprised he never came around on my team. I liked his ratings for 2Bs and BBs but it just didn't work out at the plate for Rose 92.
He didn't work out huh. Sorry about that.

Mine has 1195 PA now with a slash line of .290/.366/.418 (all in Perfect Leagues).

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:25 AM   #58
daves
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post

I'd bet he comes around for you, but I hope it's not this week.
He is doing better thus far .289/.359/.363, but I still can't catch you. I think Pete needs to give the team a pep talk about how to beat you?
Old 05-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #59
pappyzan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
He didn't work out huh. Sorry about that.

Mine has 1195 PA now with a slash line of .290/.366/.418 (all in Perfect Leagues).
Nothing to apologize for, win some lose some. On the flip side, Sutton is 12-4 with a 1.72 ERA. Just never know which pieces are gonna fit and which ones don't.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #60
pappyzan
Major Leagues

Quote:
He is doing better thus far .289/.359/.363, but I still can't catch you. I think Pete needs to give the team a pep talk about how to beat you?
You've been inching closer for a while now tho, you're only maybe 1 or 2 games back. Both teams will likely make the playoffs, maybe even the 3rd place team in the division.