Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

World Series Special! OOTP 19 is 75% Off Until Nov. 1!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #21
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 28x in 20 posts
Either that or he's a troll.
TonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #22
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,004x in 1,114 posts
Early take: The Pacers got the better part of the Paul George trade. Oladipo's been a 25+ PPG guy so far. And they got rid of a bit of a head case. I'm not seeing much of a downside here.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #23
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 28x in 20 posts
Let's wait a bit before deciding Oladipo is that good. Still a very small sample size and his previous history doesn't support this kind of leap. Not to say it's impossible, just that we should wait and see. I hope he had made a leap though, I'm a big fan of his.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #24
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJ View Post
Let's wait a bit before deciding Oladipo is that good. Still a very small sample size and his previous history doesn't support this kind of leap. Not to say it's impossible, just that we should wait and see. I hope he had made a leap though, I'm a big fan of his.
Same here. Fan since the I.U. days. I'm hoping the "home cooking" familiarity aspect is bringing out the best in him. I don't know if he's a 26 PPG guy over a whole season, but I don't think 20 is out of the question.

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 10-28-2017 at 12:41 PM.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #25
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,492x in 1,982 posts
This is scary. No, not the scoring prowess of LBJ. It's the part about 15 seasons. Can it possibly be 15 years already since he burst upon the scene?
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #26
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Pacers: Can beat the Cavs in Cleveland, can't beat the Suxers in Philly. If anybody can figure this team out, let me know.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #27
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Thanked 336x in 248 posts
I saw a story about Jimmer Fredette getting into an altercation w/Stephon Marbury in a CBA game. It got me thinking.....who was drafted afterJimmer @ 10.........

11. Klay Thompson
13,14. The Morris twins
15. Kawhi Leonard
16. Nikola Vucevic
17. Iman Shumpert
19. Tobias Harris
22. Kenneth Faried
24. Reggie Jackson
28. Norris Cole
29. Cory Joseph
30. Jimmy Butler
31. Bojan Bogdonavic
33. Kyle Singler
38. Chandler Parsons
60. Isaiah Thomas
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #28
Antonin
All Star Starter

Thanked 386x in 237 posts
Quote:
Bledsoe didn't quit so much as he was fired. He said the "I dont want to be here" tweet was about being at his girl's hair salon, which was obviously bull****. After meeting with the GM he was sent home and the GM made it clear he isn't welcome back. He should be traded very quickly. But, yeah, that organization is a dumpster fire and has been for a while.
There were rumbles that my Cavs might be able to get him, but I guess it was not meant to be. I hope Phoenix can fix whatever is wrong with their organization. I don't follow them that closely these days, them being in the west, but I remember the Steve Nash days and enjoyed watching them then.

As far as the Cavs are concerned, losing Kyrie was definitely a big blow. My wife and I thought before the season began that we seemed to be assembling a bunch of parts and expecting the whole thing to work because of LeBron's undeniable brilliance and will to win. She called our team the official team of the AARP, and maybe she was not far off.

Maybe things will settle down when Thomas is back and everybody settles into a realistic role.

I wonder sometimes if anyone has ever done a study of how players relate to each other on a team with a single incandescent talent. It can't be easy playing with LeBron--the amazing talent, the freakish basketball IQ, the larger-than-life ego. How was it playing with Jordan, or Kobe in his prime? Not easy, I'm sure.

RIP David Bowie [January 8, 1947 - January 10, 2016]

RIP Mike Hudson [1956-October 27, 2017]

Last edited by Antonin; 11-11-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #29
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Luc Mbah a Moute scored a +57 last night.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #30
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 796x in 457 posts
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...e-bobby-portis

Nikola Mirotic may be a better human being than me.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #31
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Just read a stat. Jayson Tatum is shooting a higher percentage from the 3pt line than Lorenzo Ball is hitting from the free throw line.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #32
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 963x in 659 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Just read a stat. Jayson Tatum is shooting a higher percentage from the 3pt line than Lorenzo Ball is hitting from the free throw line.
Yeah, Tatum was definitely supposed to be the most NBA-ready player, just maybe with a lower ceiling in general. Looks like the first part may be the case. Though 50% is pretty ridonkolous.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #33
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post

I am not super worried about Ball. Rookies have shot terribly before. He comps pretty well with a rookie Jason Kidd.

However the thing that worries me the most is as of when I last looked he was averaging 1.6 FTA per game.
There are some real warning signs there. With his size he should be getting to the rim. He is not the most athletic guard but with his size he should be around the basket more and getting fouled.

I have nothing invested into him or the Lakers so I am just wanting the best for him. That is the only stat I am really worried about. He may be a below average shooter over his career but he already shows the court vision that was promised and he rebounds well and has shown flashes of being a good defender.
I think the Jason Kidd comp is a good one. He was a terrible shooter until very late in his career and he played for a very long time and finished with a 40.3 FG%

Ball came in with too high of expectations not helped by his father and he is part of the best rookie class in a very long time (even if you don't think Simmons is a rookie)
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #34
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 28x in 20 posts
The problem with Ball's shot is not so much the poor shooting so far as much that it's broken. That release just isn't going to play in the NBA. The FTA are also an issue and I think it's because he basically has no confidence right now. I suppose he's got time to turn it around but he looks like an absolute bust at this point.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #35
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

I really like the trade by the Nets. I cannot believe that Okafor’s worth is that little.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #36
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The problem with Ball's shot is not so much the poor shooting so far as much that it's broken. That release just isn't going to play in the NBA. The FTA are also an issue and I think it's because he basically has no confidence right now. I suppose he's got time to turn it around but he looks like an absolute bust at this point.
There are some awful shots in the NBA that work. And a shot is something that is fixable over time with good coaching and effort in the gym.

Khwaiii Leonard perhaps being the best example. He would be a great player without a good shot but he added that over years of work and is a top 8 player because of it.

And Ball does not need to be great. 43% and 33% from three would be okay with his other skills and improving defense.
I am far from calling him a bust.

His lack of getting to the FT line or driving is what has me most concerned. You are correct, he is afraid of getting fouled and having to go to the line.
That has to change and I hope the Lakers coaching staff can rebuild his confidence.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #37
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Thanked 317x in 252 posts
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Didn't Ball become the youngest player to get a triple-double not too long ago?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #38
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 28x in 20 posts
Yes. He also can't shoot. At all. Right now he's shooting 32% from the field and 24% from three. That is unplayable.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #39
Antonin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I really like the trade by the Nets. I cannot believe that Okafor’s worth is that little.
That surprised me. What in the world happened to him? In his rookie season we kept saying "Wow! It would be great if he played with the Cavs!"

Maybe some 76ers fans out there can explain just what went wrong for the kid.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #40
Antonin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Didn't Ball become the youngest player to get a triple-double not too long ago?
There seems to be so much pressure on him. Sometimes I wish the spotlight would go elsewhere so the kid can just develop.