Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
Galeg
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 39x in 31 posts
There is nothing better than catching a game live

Made it to my first game of the season last night at Progressive Field and was just reminded how wonderful it is to go to a game in person. I usually get to 5-6 a season, but this weather has been making it difficult. It was still really cold, but thankfully rain free. Anyone else regularly attend games?
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Andy (04-26-2018), Calvert98 (04-26-2018), Jason (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Thanked 658x in 337 posts
When I was in town all the time (KC area) I'd make it to 60 or so a year. Now with time split, probably 15 a year. No MLB in Wyoming. But there's much better stuff!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 292x in 165 posts
We try to get to 5-6 (Reds games) a year as well, but with a 2 year old (and another coming in May) it's getting harder. We have made it to 2 Dayton Dragons games so far, though. Takes about an hour to get to Cincinnati, but only about 20 minutes to Dayton so it's more convenient.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
Galeg
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 39x in 31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We try to get to 5-6 (Reds games) a year as well, but with a 2 year old (and another coming in May) it's getting harder. We have made it to 2 Dayton Dragons games so far, though. Takes about an hour to get to Cincinnati, but only about 20 minutes to Dayton so it's more convenient.
AA Akron is closest for me, but I've never gone to a game. Talked about it with a few friends this year, but no solid plans. As I get more into baseball and follow prospects I have more interest to go to minor league games.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Thanked 160x in 104 posts
I LOVED going to Royals games before the stadium became too "busy." I loved classic Royals stadium and then when they updated to putting the huge Jumbotron beyond right-center field. The one single command I had as a kid over my parents was, when we went, I wanted to get there right as the gates opened. And they always complied (thanks Mom & Dad!).
I just sat and watched batting practice where the balls just sailed thru the air again and again. The fountains shooting different patterns, the grounds crew doing their thing.
Then there was the chants of A.O., A.O. for Amos Otis, the HUGE cheer when the PA said "the third baseman, number 5, Geooorrrge Brett!", and when Willie Wilson hit an inside the park home run.
After the game was over, win or lose, we sat and let everyone else fight over getting out of the parking lot while we watched the fountains dance in different colors after they darkened the stadium lights a little.

Those were the days. *sigh*
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Calvert98 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #6
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 292x in 165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
AA Akron is closest for me, but I've never gone to a game. Talked about it with a few friends this year, but no solid plans. As I get more into baseball and follow prospects I have more interest to go to minor league games.
I love minor league games. The Dragons are Low A so we can usually get good seats for cheap.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #7
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 486x in 341 posts
Bit OT but there used to be a guy in England who went to every Raiders home game.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote