Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #21
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Thanked 264x in 187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
i used to do historical and found myself tinkering and changing and well, it wasn't historical anymore. So this year, i've gone the other way, fictional with about 50% historical players. Spend more time getting data for my each year text import of historical players and editing some players base lines i find are too low (ie some of the negro league players) than i do playing. I sim, a day at a time, but in one setting may do a week or a month .... For me, it's the creation and construction i seem to enjoy the most.
thanks for turning me on to townes van zandt - never heard of him somehow before !!
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #22
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,095x in 1,805 posts
Apparently, my favorite thing is to painstakingly bit after bit to a flawed roster to come within snuffing distance of the playoffs, and then have it come apart in the most wretched way possible.

Resident Mets Cynic

Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Bub13 (05-18-2018), Orcin (05-18-2018), pgjocki (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #23
texasmame
All Star Starter

Thanked 251x in 143 posts
Trades/waiver wire stuff.

Like to tinker and try to get the most efficient "money ball" team I can while still winning it all.
Thank you for this post:
Aaron's Aron (05-20-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #24
BirdWatcher
Major Leagues

Thanked 288x in 209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeltar View Post
I like looking for the challenge of turning a team around but seem to have done it in my second year, so I think I need to make the parameters harder next time. Probably impose self-limits on MiLB FA signings and trades.

I also want to try some park-specific concepts, like building a flyball-hitting, groundball-pitching, high-defense-infield team for Colorado and seeing if it works.
It worked for me! That was the very first thing I did when I purchased OOTP last Fall. Took over Rockies circa 1993 and tried to build around power hitters with good OBP skills, groundball pitchers or high swing-and-miss percentage pitchers, great infield defense and good range in the OF. By 2005 season had a pair of championships, several WS appearances, a string of division championships (unbroken at this point) and a 3 year stretch with 116, 125, and 116 win seasons.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #25
gemini615
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
I enjoy playing fictional and watching my empty hall of fame fill up with players who start out as virtual unknowns only to turn into the best of the best.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BirdWatcher (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #26
MightyVotto
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 31x in 20 posts
I'm always drawn to historical replay. For a few years, I played out the 1920 through 1939 seasons with real transactions and real lineups. I focused on Babe Ruth's career with the Yankees. I simmed some years and played out some in full. I change the structure and playoff system of the leagues by adding divisions and wildcards. It was a blast learning about the game during those years and about many of the players I'd never heard of.

I'm currently playing through a 1909 replay focusing on the A's. I no longer use real lineups but still use real transactions. The gameplay in this era is just so different from today's game but still very fun.

I miss out on the team development parts of the game but I'm a fan of the Reds. So, my real-life, day-to-day team I follow has been awful for a long while now. By taking over a known historical team that was good helps me remember what following a good, contending team was like.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #27
neugey
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 31x in 23 posts
I really love the day of free agency - seeing who the international free agents will be and finding some budget FA's above replacement level who also have very affordable demands.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #28
sdw1000
Major Leagues

Thanked 61x in 44 posts
I really only have time for one league I play. I wish I could sit here and play all the things I wanna do that pop in my head! lol

Like yesterday, I thought of having a decade specific league. 24 teams from a decade play out a league. Then continue till the next decade and so on. Then have a league with all the winners. But the problem is, I like to play out my games...and that would take forever to play all that out. lol
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote