Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:34 AM   #1
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Thanked 291x in 203 posts
Player Development Update

Is this a bug or is something else going on that I am missing? I just hit June 1st in my MLB QS & the update tells me that one of my starters increased his current "stuff" from 15 to 17 (1-20 scale) but when looking at his ratings on his player profile, it shows his "stuff" rating as only 15. What gives?

EDIT: On his scouting page, it shows him as having a "stuff" rating of 15 when looking at the current ratings as reported by my scout but if I look at the most recent "Reports by head scout" it shows his "stuff" rating as 17.

Last edited by Dyzalot; 05-18-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
MightyVotto
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 31x in 20 posts
Just checking...make sure you have your scout's ratings selected instead of the OSA ones. I've seen the OSA ratings get randomly selected when switching between menus often when I thought I was looking at my scout's. The situation you mention is one in particular that I noticed.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Thanked 92x in 63 posts
These are constantly out of sync for me.
Qeltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #4
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Thanked 291x in 203 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyVotto View Post
Just checking...make sure you have your scout's ratings selected instead of the OSA ones. I've seen the OSA ratings get randomly selected when switching between menus often when I thought I was looking at my scout's. The situation you mention is one in particular that I noticed.
If I had selected the wrong one for the profile page then it wouldn't have matched with the data listed on the scouting page. Or at least it would have matched the OSA report instead of my scout's report.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 41x in 18 posts
This has been broken from release day, constantly reported in the Bugs Forum, and generally has been ignored, despite being a KEY feature to how you evaluate players.

I've not been impressed with the patches, or how things have and have not been getting fixed and its clear that OOTPD have gone all in on UI and bringing in a 'new' audience that are easily dazzled by the UI.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,671x in 2,192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
I've not been impressed with the patches, or how things have and have not been getting fixed and its clear that OOTPD have gone all in on UI and bringing in a 'new' audience that are easily dazzled by the UI.

I couldn't disagree more. OOTPD is very responsive to its customer base, as proven by the enhancements and fixes in the patch releases to date. Many items have been addressed in direct response to customer feedback on this forum. Criticism is fair when warranted, but your assertion that OOTPD is selling UI sizzle while ignoring the bugs is incorrect.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World

FREE THE MINOR LEAGUE DATABASE!!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
9 thanks for this post:
Aaron's Aron (05-20-2018), Andy (05-20-2018), BirdWatcher (05-20-2018), endgame (05-20-2018), JaBurns (05-20-2018), kjb023 (05-20-2018), ptautscher (05-21-2018), RchW (05-20-2018), Sweed (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 41x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I couldn't disagree more. OOTPD is very responsive to its customer base, as proven by the enhancements and fixes in the patch releases to date. Many items have been addressed in direct response to customer feedback on this forum. Criticism is fair when warranted, but your assertion that OOTPD is selling UI sizzle while ignoring the bugs is incorrect.
Agree to disagree. I feel that they went all in on the UI to the detriment of many other areas of the game, and since I've been playing OOTP since day one, I'm entitled to my opinion. The game is sloppy. Pitching and player development is a nightmare. Player evaluation, the Rule 5 draft and other things are a mess.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
geoffmatt17 (05-20-2018), Kronos (05-28-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Thanked 92x in 63 posts
I think "mess" is an overstatement. There are a lot of issues for sure. However, it's a small dev team and the to-do list always grows faster than things can be crossed off it. And at least they do respond to users and put out patches regularly.

It's not easy to make a living working on a product like this, so I cut them slack.

It is definitely important that users keep saying what they are concerned with and what they think are higher and lower priorities.

And I do agree that this really should be fixed.

Last edited by Qeltar; 05-20-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Qeltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Aaron's Aron (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 03:19 PM   #9
Aaron's Aron
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
For what it's worth, they have stated they are aware of this issue and are working on it. I believe they said they couldn't get it in before the last patch was released though.
Aaron's Aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:16 PM   #10
UltimateAverageGuy
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 60x in 43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
This has been broken from release day, constantly reported in the Bugs Forum, and generally has been ignored, despite being a KEY feature to how you evaluate players.

I'd just delete this crappy game from my hard drive if I were you.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote