Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 287x in 138 posts
OOTPBB 2006 Upload Reports Super Fast Tutorial

19 screenshots with little yellow bubbles that explain everything you need to know about how to upload your OOTPBB 2006 reports in a fraction of the time the game itself could do it.

As an example, I uploaded a 16 team Historical league, complete with all history for 24 years in 3 minutes, 55 seconds.

Upload times will vary depending on the size of your league and the depth of reports you include but I'd estimate that this method takes 1/30 the time that the game FTP would for the same reports.

Enjoy!

Link: http://www.allsimbaseball.com/index....d=29&Itemid=53

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
Very cool.

One question I have is when you create the reports, it only creates box scores, game logs, etc for the last 7 days. Does this mean the previous ones will remain on the server?

For your next tutorial, how about league file creation for online leagues. What needs to be included, what should be left out, etc.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Very cool.

One question I have is when you create the reports, it only creates box scores, game logs, etc for the last 7 days. Does this mean the previous ones will remain on the server?

For your next tutorial, how about league file creation for online leagues. What needs to be included, what should be left out, etc.
It depends on how you upload it and how your server stores it. Personally, I zip up my upload and extract it on the server, so I have to erase the directory each time. It takes 2 minutes instead of 30 to upload, but you don't get to save all the boxes. At the end of the season, I put a league file up that contains all boxes and logs.

This is for 6.5 though.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Very cool.

Yes. They will until they get overwritten by the next season's logs and boxscores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
This should be in the manual.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 06-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Mike D
It depends on how you upload it and how your server stores it. Personally, I zip up my upload and extract it on the server, so I have to erase the directory each time. It takes 2 minutes instead of 30 to upload, but you don't get to save all the boxes. At the end of the season, I put a league file up that contains all boxes and logs.

This is for 6.5 though.
I extract the files on the server as well, using php:

Code:
<?php
system("unzip -o html.zip") 
?>
I think the -o command allows it to overwrite, rather than erasing the directory each time but I'll have to test it to find out for sure.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #6
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
This should be in the manual.
You mean this?

Quote:
The easiest way to share a game file is to zip up the entire league directory. For example, if the game is called MyGame, then the commissioner would zip up the entire saved_games\MyGame.lg folder and distribute it to the players.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
jf7623
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Could your tutorial work for 6.5 as well?
jf7623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
onthepunt
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
looks like a lot of work..I would prefer if one click just uploads the files right away
onthepunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #9
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Excellent.... I was having trouble with exactly this

I can't wait to go home and try it.... too bad its only 11am, i work till 5, then go to the gym, then have a baseball game at 8.... ahhh so in like 12 hours
ptwarr18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf7623
Could your tutorial work for 6.5 as well?
Yes it will work. On the same site, you'll see a video explaining how to do it for 6.5 as well.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #11
Zweiblumen
Major Leagues

Thanked 8x in 4 posts
How long does report generation take, anyway?
Zweiblumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #12
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
I extract the files on the server as well, using php:

Code:
<?php
system("unzip -o html.zip") 
?>
I think the -o command allows it to overwrite, rather than erasing the directory each time but I'll have to test it to find out for sure.
Right. The little PHP file, that I included, points at a GZIPTar archive type. This is because GZIPTar's are much smaller than Zips. But that will work too.

Last edited by f.montoya; 06-06-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #13
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepunt
looks like a lot of work..I would prefer if one click just uploads the files right away
It only looks like a lot of work because I included every possible screenshot that a user might see. It's really easy and I think you could get the hang of it after doing it 3 or 4 times.

Who knows, mayber future versions will have something like this built-in.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweiblumen
How long does report generation take, anyway?
Depends on your universe size and what you include in the report.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #15
gavlong
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Is there a step to generate that setup.php file?

I dont seem to have it.

Thanks for this, this will save a lot of time and bandwidth too.

Cheers,
Gav.
gavlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #16
gavlong
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Never mind, i found the page to download it on your other tutorial page on allsim.

Thanks again.

Gav.
gavlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #17
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Thanked 55x in 35 posts
I am not getting the option to select GZIPTar in the compression drop down menu. I have done everything exactly as the instructions say until this point.

EDIT: So I noticed my mistake. Now when I go through the steps, select GZIPTar, check that box, and then add files....nothing happens. The program just sits there doing nothing. At the bottom it says no files selected.

Last edited by Hotwheelz; 06-09-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #18
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Thanked 55x in 35 posts
I am not getting a setup.php file anywhere?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #19
DaMook
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
19 screenshots with little yellow bubbles that explain everything you need to know about how to upload your OOTPBB 2006 reports in a fraction of the time the game itself could do it.

As an example, I uploaded a 16 team Historical league, complete with all history for 24 years in 3 minutes, 55 seconds.

Upload times will vary depending on the size of your league and the depth of reports you include but I'd estimate that this method takes 1/30 the time that the game FTP would for the same reports.

Enjoy!

Link: http://www.allsimbaseball.com/index....d=29&Itemid=53
Do you know of an app that can do this on a Mac?
DaMook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Thanked 55x in 35 posts
Well I guess I should have read through the entire thread.....