Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 03-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 50x in 25 posts
Req:Winnipeg Whips logo or uni

The Winnipeg Whips were only around for 2 seasons (1971-72 I think) before the team was moved to be closer to the other AAA teams in the International league. This was the Montreal Expos farm team so there was not a lot of talent, but future Cy Young winner Mike Marshall did suit up for the Whips.

In my net searches I have seen many similar requests in Expo's forums and in MVP Baseball graphics forums, but there is still not a good version of this logo on the net right now. I'm trying to pick up some memorabilia from the the team (programs etc.) and if I get that I can scan the logo, but for now the attachments will have to do.

The cap was the Expo tricolor with the Whips logo.

The shirt you can see in the attached pics - again, basically the Expo jersey circa 1971, but with the Whips logo.

One of the attachments is a bitmap rough version of the logo. The "Whips" lettering is not supposed to be slanted, it's suppose to be straight. This lettering was the same font as the '1971 Expos jersey lettering (like the B&W Expos picture attachment and the "Expos" of the attached program picture).

If anyone could make a clean logo of this design that would be very much appreciated, the Kevin Collins, Boots Day, and Romel Canada-lead 1970's Whips are among my fave baseball teams of time. This will be my first and last request of this kind .
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Would this work?
Attached Images

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League

Current OOTP 16 Leagues - MLB Pro - (2014-Present) Detroit Tigers, Sim Sports Global - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
whips2:
Attached Images

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League

Current OOTP 16 Leagues - MLB Pro - (2014-Present) Detroit Tigers, Sim Sports Global - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals
Old 04-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Whips Jersey:
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,190x in 1,486 posts
Nice job, pat!
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Thanks. Peter right?

Old 04-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,190x in 1,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
Thanks. Peter right?
Yep.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #8
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 10x in 8 posts
nm

Last edited by The Professor; 04-01-2007 at 11:24 PM.
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #9
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5,534x in 2,043 posts
Here's a cleaner version of the logo I re-created in Illustrator.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 10x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Here's a cleaner version of the logo I re-created in Illustrator.

That's the ticket! Wonderful. Wish I could do stuff like that.

Nice job, Silvam!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #11
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
That's the ticket! Wonderful. Wish I could do stuff like that.

Nice job, Silvam!
Thanks, I'm not very good in illustrator, but that one was right up my alley.

Yours was great too!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 AM   #12
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 50x in 25 posts

Awesome job guys - just freakin' fantastic. This will be my new solo career, running the 1970-era Expo AAA team, only my Winnipeg organization won't relocate after 2 seasons in my solo play run. Thanks guys (sniff).

I saw a lot of the Winnipeg Whips games during their short existence, and still have the "Kevin Collins" (who?!) autograph bat from a bat day promotion. They played in a football stadium that used a rolling metal mesh fence to cut the football field in half and this fence served as the left field wall - some crazy LA Coliseum-like dimensions to that stadium. Good times .

Last edited by Killebrew; 04-02-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #13
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,933x in 694 posts
As a long time Winnipeg resident, I've long wondered what the Whips logo and uniforms looked like (I arrived some years after the Whips left town).
Thanks for the great images. The club's history is almost forgotten in these parts, unfortunately.

Here's a couple of belated efforts using Silvam's terrific image.

Last edited by reds1; 04-21-2008 at 05:19 AM.
reds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #14
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
As a long time Winnipeg resident, I've long wondered what the Whips logo and uniforms looked like (I arrived some years after the Whips left town).
Thanks for the great images. The club's history is almost forgotten in these parts, unfortunately.

Here's a couple of belated efforts using Silvam's terrific image.
Wow1 Those look great! Glad I could help out!